INDI Bad news for Diamond and Diamond +

Don’t care to drink rotgut, buy the DP.

I get it. You think I should buy the drink package. As I said, I drank club soda instead. I think I can have an opinion on something without you having to tell me what to do about it multiple times. That’s annoying.

Btw you are one of the posters who bores me.

Enjoy the tone!

Thank you for the update and photo little britain nice to see something positive rather than all the negative ones of late.

Sailing on Sunday

Stephen & Kay Diamond plus

Thank you. Someone who boarded today has already posted pics of the DL being refurbished today with new furnishing inside.

I get it. You think I should buy the drink package. As I said, I drank club soda instead. I think I can have an opinion on something without you having to tell me what to do about it multiple times. That’s annoying.

Btw you are one of the posters who bores me.

Enjoy the tone!

Your the one that was complaining about, your words, “rotgut” alcohol on the Diamond list, not me. I happen to agree that Royal is and will continue to replace the alcohol choices on the Diamond list with the cheapest and most disgusting alcohol possible. They would love for you to pay for your drinks.

Btw, you go on my list as a complainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I happen to agree that Royal is and will continue to replace the alcohol choices on the Diamond list with the cheapest and most disgusting alcohol possible. They would love for you to pay for your drinks.

That might be the end result, however I don't believe that is their motive at all.... I feel they are looking 100% at the bottom line costs of all their products and services these days with little respect to the end result quality. I'd dare to bet that if Grey Goose was 10 cents less than NA or Finlandia, RCL would buy it from their suppliers. However, if Grey Goose was a mere 10 cents more than NA or Finlandia, they would not bother regardless of the superior product and end result better respect/less negativity from cruisers like us talking about it on this forum.

That might be the end result, however I don't believe that is their motive at all.... I feel they are looking 100% at the bottom line costs of all their products and services these days with little respect to the end result quality. I'd dare to bet that if Grey Goose was 10 cents less than NA or Finlandia, RCL would buy it from their suppliers. However, if Grey Goose was a mere 10 cents more than NA or Finlandia, they would not bother regardless of the superior product and end result better respect/less negativity from cruisers like us talking about it on this forum.

Not sure I get the point you are making. Grey Goose is still on the ship but not on current Diamond list.

I agree that whatever likely costs Royal less money to obtain, is likely to work its way onto the Diamond list, ie NA or Finlandia. I’ve seen Smirnoff on the list in the past.

Typically, better alcohol products are not the cheapest and therefore not likely to show up on the Diamond list.

Why would Royal want to provide something that costs them more that they give away for free and unlimited in the lounge for a period of time called the cocktail hours. It’s likely the ones drinking this stuff, aka referred to as “rotgut” in unlimited fashion, could care less what they are drinking, as long as it is free.

D+ can still use the CL on any ship that still has a CL. The point of the thread is the conversion of CL’s to suite lounges. When and if Radiance converts the CL to a suite lounge, D+ will no longer have access. These CL to Suite lounge conversations are not just a name change. The suite lounge on Liberty is bigger and better and in a much nicer location than the CL it replaced.

There is absolutely no indication Radiance class CL will be converted to SL. Brilliance just went through drydock, and the other 3 did too.

The CL on Brilliance was rarely full.

People also get it by piggybacking off their parents when they were kids even if they only went on one cruise. Generational diamonds.

AND by marrying one or moving in with one. My new brother in law inherited instant Diamond status used on his first cruise.

I will admit that while Berringer’s White Zin is a pretty low end product, It is actually the best of that particular style of wine. A friend of ours was afflicted like Laura, and I will admit to drinking it on float trips and stuff. I remember one float trip about 20 years ago, at the end of the first day we were out of wine. So, we drove 20 miles to the nearest store, and I bought every bottle of wine in the store..... that had a cork.... one ancient bottle of Chardonnay and a bottle of Cab. They were horrible. Her pink stuff was not bad when you are desperate. I remember trying to save money and buying her a two pack of Sutter Homes or something, and I have to admit Berlinger is better.

A trip to Napa and a day of wine tasting, last stop was Beringer, after drinking dry red all day... the white Zin tasted delightful.

JC

Golden rule of wine: The best wine...is the wine you like the best. ;)

Agree....but the DL was totally nuts when we were on board!! :eek: Even with full use of the VCL..horribly crowded. Gave up and just enjoyed the CL only.

When we sailed her last August 12 Med. itinerary the DL was barely full. Plenty of seats in the overflow VCL.

When we sailed her last August 12 Med. itinerary the DL was barely full. Plenty of seats in the overflow VCL.

Mine was this last December, one of the first 7 night cruises out of Tampa before Brilliance went to the seasonal 4/5. Very popular time of the year, easy port to sail out of, and sought after itinerary.

Very easy for all of us "old farts" that live in Florida to hop aboard. ;)

Not sure I get the point you are making. Grey Goose is still on the ship but not on current Diamond list.

I agree that whatever likely costs Royal less money to obtain, is likely to work its way onto the Diamond list, ie NA or Finlandia. I’ve seen Smirnoff on the list in the past.

Typically, better alcohol products are not the cheapest and therefore not likely to show up on the Diamond list.

Why would Royal want to provide something that costs them more that they give away for free and unlimited in the lounge for a period of time called the cocktail hours. It’s likely the ones drinking this stuff, aka referred to as “rotgut” in unlimited fashion, could care less what they are drinking, as long as it is free.

Wow I'm glad I don't drink spirits.

Champagne, Sauvignon blanc sometimes or a can of Stella or Heineken does for me.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app

Now, the elites here aren’t complaining about their private room being too crowded to enjoy their free drinks, but complaining that the liquor you’re getting for FREE isn’t top shelf.

What I’ve never understood about this website - the most vocal and frequent posters are the ones telling everyone to search on their own and truly belittling those in a mob like mentality. One of you made a comment about sitting at a bar on a ship....so let’s see, one of the most entertaining and beloved posters here always scopes with his drinks in hand. But that’s ok. Right? RCCL is really trying to entice a younger crowd onto their ships. Those younger people are not going to be impressed with all of your status and concerns that your free drinks aren’t good enough. Nowhere in this thread are any of you bragging about actually PURCHASING this top shelf liquor you want for free.

Say what you want about me, I know I come across as a meanie on here and yes I do know that it’s important that you research everyone’s site history.....but honest to God, I feel SO blessed to know that all of you D D+ P are all sequestered in your little room. On the rest of the shop, we’re having a ball.

Say what you want about me, I know I come across as a meanie on here and yes I do know that it’s important that you research everyone’s site history.....but honest to God, I feel SO blessed to know that all of you D D+ P are all sequestered in your little room. On the rest of the shop, we’re having a ball.

Meanie? No, that’s not the word that comes to mind. Considering all 6 of your posts going back to Jan of last year are bashing D members, the word that comes to mind is more like insecure.

There is absolutely no indication Radiance class CL will be converted to SL. Brilliance just went through drydock, and the other 3 did too.

The CL on Brilliance was rarely full.

Agree, Serenade also. Usually never full unless on Repo or TA

Now, the elites here aren’t complaining about their private room being too crowded to enjoy their free drinks, but complaining that the liquor you’re getting for FREE isn’t top shelf.

What I’ve never understood about this website - the most vocal and frequent posters are the ones telling everyone to search on their own and truly belittling those in a mob like mentality. One of you made a comment about sitting at a bar on a ship....so let’s see, one of the most entertaining and beloved posters here always scopes with his drinks in hand. But that’s ok. Right? RCCL is really trying to entice a younger crowd onto their ships. Those younger people are not going to be impressed with all of your status and concerns that your free drinks aren’t good enough. Nowhere in this thread are any of you bragging about actually PURCHASING this top shelf liquor you want for free.

If you ever make Diamond I wonder if your thinking will change.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app

I saw a documentary recently about first airlines. The airline featured claimed that it was first and business class that made the money. In fact it subsidised economy travel. I wonder if the same applies to cruise lines. The cheap cabins might fill the ship and help cruise lines break even, but it is the suites that make them money.
That's kind of the opposite from the lines of yore. They made their money on steerage class.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk