INDI Bad news for Diamond and Diamond +

Now, the elites here aren’t complaining about their private room being too crowded to enjoy their free drinks, but complaining that the liquor you’re getting for FREE isn’t top shelf.

What I’ve never understood about this website - the most vocal and frequent posters are the ones telling everyone to search on their own and truly belittling those in a mob like mentality. One of you made a comment about sitting at a bar on a ship....so let’s see, one of the most entertaining and beloved posters here always scopes with his drinks in hand. But that’s ok. Right? RCCL is really trying to entice a younger crowd onto their ships. Those younger people are not going to be impressed with all of your status and concerns that your free drinks aren’t good enough. Nowhere in this thread are any of you bragging about actually PURCHASING this top shelf liquor you want for free.

Say what you want about me, I know I come across as a meanie on here and yes I do know that it’s important that you research everyone’s site history.....but honest to God, I feel SO blessed to know that all of you D D+ P are all sequestered in your little room. On the rest of the shop, we’re having a ball.

I think I found the real Troy. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you ever make Diamond I wonder if your thinking will change.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app

It won’t. When a United changed their mileage requirements for free first class international, I thought.....oh well I sure did enjoy it, now I’ll have to fly more to earn the freebies. I didn’t moan and groan about the lack of top shelf liquor in their lounges. Although, now that I think if it, as a wine drinker, we don’t see Boonesfarm in the lounges. (Think I just dated myself). Right now on RCCL we enjoy the little reception with appetizers and champagne. We enjoy it, say thank you to everyone and don’t complain about what they just gave us for free.

The other interesting thing we note, especially on RCCL ships....is how many of the elites cruise in the cheapest cabin possible. Just an observation.

Please make sure you carefully research all of my posts. It’s important to those complaining about the free stuff.

It won’t. When a United changed their mileage requirements for free first class international, I thought.....oh well I sure did enjoy it, now I’ll have to fly more to earn the freebies. I didn’t moan and groan about the lack of top shelf liquor in their lounges. Although, now that I think if it, as a wine drinker, we don’t see Boonesfarm in the lounges. (Think I just dated myself). Right now on RCCL we enjoy the little reception with appetizers and champagne. We enjoy it, say thank you to everyone and don’t complain about what they just gave us for free.

The other interesting thing we note, especially on RCCL ships....is how many of the elites cruise in the cheapest cabin possible. Just an observation.

Please make sure you carefully research all of my posts. It’s important to those complaining about the free stuff.

We have had 46 cruises and 43 of them have been in balcony or above cabin's.

Champagne or beer is my tipple.

Say what you want about me, I know I come across as a meanie on here and yes I do know that it’s important that you research everyone’s site history.....but honest to God, I feel SO blessed to know that all of you D D+ P are all sequestered in your little room. On the rest of the shop, we’re having a ball.

Unfortunately for you, I don't go to "our little room" during happy hour so you will have to put up with me being out and around one of the bars. I tend to gravitate to the Schooner Bar so you might want to consider avoiding the place if you want to continue feeling blessed.

Also, and I may be wrong about this, but I'm not sure most around here would have chosen the word "meanie" to describe how you come across.

That’s another amusing thing to me. All of you 24/7 posters ASSume that someone is REALLY someone else. Truly entertaining

OMG did you hear? The DL is really crowded!

Gotta have thick skin if you go against the Lounges and Free “rotgut” booze. I just can’t believe people drink this stuff.

People also get it by piggybacking off their parents when they were kids even if they only went on one cruise. Generational diamonds.

Took my daughter on a cruise at age 2 and another one at age 4 and hasn't cruised since. She's now 20yrs old and a Diamond Plus. Other daughter is Diamond Plus on her own, she loves cruising like her Father...

How do you know who is staying where or manage to match up C&A level with cabin category? I have never asked anyone that I have striked up a conversation with on a ship what type of cabin they were staying in... mostly because I truly don't care.

Gotta have thick skin if you go against the Lounges and Free “rotgut” booze. I just can’t believe people drink this stuff.

I can’t believe people who call it rotgot. Nothing wrong with Tanqueray which is what I normally drink. Guess I don’t have your sophisticated taste.

Not on European cruises.

This is true.

Also during Spring Break and schools out cruises. Summer time cruises. Holiday cruises.

I would say the majority of Status cruisers avoid the higher priced cruises and busy ones.

TA/TP/Repo Cruises have been popular cruising times for those chasing points. It looks like Royal is starting to price some of these attractive ones out of the point cruisers price range.

We can cruise year round out of Florida.

Unfortunately for you, I don't go to "our little room" during happy hour so you will have to put up with me being out and around one of the bars. I tend to gravitate to the Schooner Bar so you might want to consider avoiding the place if you want to continue feeling blessed.

Also, and I may be wrong about this, but I'm not sure most around here would have chosen the word "meanie" to describe how you come across.

I agree,there are other words we would find more appropriate.

This is true.

Also during Spring Break and schools out cruises. Summer time cruises. Holiday cruises.

I would say the majority of Status cruisers avoid the higher priced cruises and busy ones.

TA/TP/Repo Cruises have been popular cruising times for those chasing points. It looks like Royal is starting to price some of these attractive ones out of the point cruisers price range.

We can cruise year round out of Florida.

We're also avoiding the young uns. ;p:evilsmile:

Some people actually enjoy lots of sea days. :D

I can’t believe people who call it rotgot. Nothing wrong with Tanqueray which is what I normally drink. Guess I don’t have your sophisticated taste.

Wait... I never called it “rotgut”. That was a quote by another member here, not me.

As far as Vodka goes, NA and Finlandia are low end.

Wait... I never called it “rotgut”. That was a quote by another member here, not me.

As far as Vodka goes, NA and Finlandia are low end.

Finlandia :eek: I wish. Lithuanian Gold Vodka is the replacement for Nieu Amsterdam

How do you know who is staying where or manage to match up C&A level with cabin category? I have never asked anyone that I have striked up a conversation with on a ship what type of cabin they were staying in... mostly because I truly don't care.
I haven't asked anyone their C&A status or what cabin type they are in either.

If someone is friendly that's all that matters.

I haven't asked anyone their C&A status or what cabin type they are in either.

If someone is friendly that's all that matters.

But do you ask where they're from or what they do for a living? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Agree, Serenade also. Usually never full unless on Repo or TA
Serenade this past Feb, the dl was full at cocktail hour. Even at 630pm when it usually opens up because people go to first seating in mdr.

The cl was busy but never standing room only like dl. That was with over 600 d, d+ & p members on her.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I guess I'm one of the Elites you seem unhappy with. Here are my last 12 months of cruising. Hardly the cheap seats.

3/27/2017 Southern 10 Serenade 1602 JS Aft 4/7/2017 Southern 11 Serenade 1556 RS Royal St 4/22/2017 Western 7 Rhapsody 8102 JS Aft 4/29/2017 East TA 14 Rhapsody 8596 JS Aft 8/25/2017 Bahamas 3 Majesty 9076 SO Outside 9/4/2017 Bahamas 4 Majesty 1078 JS Junior St 9/10/2017 Eastern 7 Oasis 8240 JS Junior St 9/17/2017 Western 7 Oasis 8240 JS Junior St 9/24/2017 Eastern 7 Oasis 11273 Q Inside 10/8/2017 Eastern 7 Oasis 8240 JS Junior St 10/15/2017 Western 7 Oasis 8240 JS Junior St 10/23/2017 Bahamas 4 Majesty 1088 JS Junior St 10/23/2017 Bahamas 4 Majesty 7541 M Inside 10/29/2017 Western 7 Oasis 8240 JS Junior St 11/9/2017 West TA 14 Brilliance 4523 N Inside 12/3/2017 Eastern 7 Oasis 12629 C1 Balcony 12/10/2017 Western 7 Oasis 12629 C1 Balcony 1/5/2018 Bahamas 3 Majesty 9082 SO Outside 1/28/2018 Eastern 7 Oasis 6280 D4 Balcony 3/11/2018 Western 7 Allure 6662 D8 Balcony 4/9/2018 Singapore 13 Mariner 9624 JS Junior St 4/22/2018 Suez Canal 15 Mariner 1568 GS