How long for a reply from mbayley@rccl.com ?

Four days ago, on Monday, I wrote an email about a concern I have for my upcoming cruise next Thursday. For those who have wrote to the CEO, how long did it take to receive an initial response? I did not receive a reply yet saying my initial email was even received. I am considering writing a follow-up on Monday, 4 days before the cruise.

I just sent an email today and received an email acknowledging the receipt of my email very quickly. I didn’t email the CEO, I emailed the general email address given on the RCCL website.

Since you haven’t received an acknowledgment and you Cruise is soon, I would email again. Good luck.

I just sent an email today and received an email acknowledging the receipt of my email very quickly. I didn’t email the CEO, I emailed the general email address given on the RCCL website.

Since you haven’t received an acknowledgment and you Cruise is soon, I would email again. Good luck.

what general email address did you use? Maybe I will email again and cc the general email address or vice versa.

Thank you.

Thanks all. I think I will email the President again and cc RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com . I am sort of surprised I have not received a response back yet. Its really nothing super urgent but an issue that was quite disappointing and frustrating (even more so since a Manager on the phone did promise to call me last Friday). Never heard from him. Again, that lack of a return call alone disappointed and frustrated me even more.

Personally, I think that writing to the president of a company over a trivial concern about a cruise that hasn't even happened yet is pretty silly.

I do agree that when someone says that they will call you back...and then they don't, it is extremely annoying. But I have found that to be the case for many companies and interactions in the last few years. People say, "I will call you back"

And then they don't. It is up to you how much you want to push it.

I would imagine that the Mr. Bayley's office might be more concerned and busy with addressing the issues of passengers that have already taken their cruise. They should, however, acknowledge your inquiry.

Edited by Coralc

Personally, I think that writing to the president of a company over a trivial concern about a cruise that hasn't even happened yet is pretty silly.

I do agree that when someone says that they will call you back...and then they don't, it is extremely annoying. But I have found that to be the case for many companies and interactions in the last few years. People say, "I will call you back"

I would imagine that the Mr. Bayley's office might be more concerned and busy with addressing the issues of passengers that have already taken their cruise. They should, however, acknowledge your inquiry.

I never said my concern was trivial. If I thought it was, I wouldn't have written.

Not that you asked but.....Before booking, I asked a RCCL rep about the perks of the suite room I was considering booking and I was told what they were. I relied on that rep to tell me what they were and booked based on it. I then found out from a RCCL rep that several of those perks (worth several hundred dollars per person if used, which I and my father intended to) were not included so I asked to speak with a manager. That manager promised to look into it and possibly compensate me for the error. He insisted he would return my call by the end of that same day. They never called back. It's been a week.

Please explain to me how could customer service could resolve this AFTER a cruise?

Customer service is not just available for passengers after a cruise. That makes NO sense. Customer service, especially the CEO of a company is there for anyone who has concerns before and after a vacation. They want to ensure you will enjoy or did enjoy their product, were treated well by their employees and that their employees acted professionally.

I'm so sorry. But I think that the cruise line representative's promises and assurances about the product that they are offering/selling are not worth the paper that they are NOT written on.

I think it is highly unlikely that the manager will ever call you back. You are right, it is not trivial, because it is something that you thought that you were receiving, and probably won't. Suite benefits are ship dependent. I don't know what ship or which suite class you are in. Other than Oasis/Anthem class, the full suite benefits are not too impressive. And it is unfortunate that their sales people are so ill informed that people are disappointed before they even sail.

Please do complain. Maybe in the long run, it will benefit others. :)

Edited by Coralc

The Royalguestrations is a good email to write. If you are booked in a True Suite, Grand Suite of higher, there is a board with a spreadsheet with emails of current concierges. I would not think writing Michael Bayley email as a method to get information. Other places to get answers are on the Royal Caribbean International FB page and on Twitter to RC.

K

Four days ago, on Monday, I wrote an email about a concern I have for my upcoming cruise next Thursday. For those who have wrote to the CEO, how long did it take to receive an initial response? I did not receive a reply yet saying my initial email was even received. I am considering writing a follow-up on Monday, 4 days before the cruise.

Usually 2-3 weeks!:eek:

I see you’ve been on these boards for 18 years - surely long enough to know you can’t rely on what you are told by customer services when booking a cruise - just recently someone was told there was an iron in every stateroom - hello. What ship and cabin class did you book? What perks were you expecting?

While I would have asked for everything I was told to be in writing, do you at least have the names, dates and times you were told these things (they do record calls)? Do you have the name and direct number of the person who said he would call back and did not? I’ve learned to do this in any situation when someone promises to get back to me. Right now, it seems you just have a he said/she said situation that won’t hold a whole lot of water.

My very successful correspondence with them took about 5 day. There were extenuating circumstances in my mind, this was after the sudden redeployment of several ships created mass headaches.

what general email address did you use? Maybe I will email again and cc the general email address or vice versa.

Thank you.

For what little its worth, I find using the CC function on corporate email is a bad idea, Both parties assume the other took care of the problem. At least that is they way it works at my Fortune 50 Corporate Giant.

I'm so sorry. But I think that the cruise line representative's promises and assurances about the product that they are offering/selling are not worth the paper that they are NOT written on.

I think it is highly unlikely that the manager will ever call you back. You are right, it is not trivial, because it is something that you thought that you were receiving, and probably won't. Suite benefits are ship dependent. I don't know what ship or which suite class you are in. Other than Oasis/Anthem class, the full suite benefits are not too impressive. And it is unfortunate that their sales people are so ill informed that people are disappointed before they even sail.

Please do complain. Maybe in the long run, it will benefit others. :)

Agreed.

Being the silly, but non-judegmental person I am about something I an not involved in, I only resorted to this address when all others failed and I felt completely unsatisfied . If Mr Bayley's office didn't want this kind of email, they would shut it down in stead of responding in such a positive way.

I wouldn't expect a response from the CEO on this...from my personal experience, any emails to Royal Head Office have gone into a black hole...others have reported responses though, so it could be hit or miss

“like”

Seriously. It's incredibly naive to think that by emailing that address, the CEO is going to see it. If I were a betting man, I would bet he personally does not even check that inbox and every email goes straight to an intern or assistant of some sort. I work for a corporation a fraction the size of RCL, I'm management but not C-suite level, and I can barely keep up with my INTERNAL emails. I couldn't even fathom taking time to read customer emails. To think that someone of that magnitude has time to play customer service when a someone wants to "air their grievances" is hilarious.

I think I'm going to go email Bill Gates the next time my PC is acting up, or call Jeff Bezos if my next Amazon delivery is late.

Seriously. It's incredibly naive to think that by emailing that address, the CEO is going to see it. If I were a betting man, I would bet he personally does not even check that inbox and every email goes straight to an intern or assistant of some sort. I work for a corporation a fraction the size of RCL, I'm management but not C-suite level, and I can barely keep up with my INTERNAL emails. I couldn't even fathom taking time to read customer emails. To think that someone of that magnitude has time to play customer service when a someone wants to "air their grievances" is hilarious.

I think I'm going to go email Bill Gates the next time my PC is acting up, or call Jeff Bezos if my next Amazon delivery is late.

I don't expect an email from HIM. I DO expect an email from SOMEONE in his company IF he has that active email working.

I see you’ve been on these boards for 18 years - surely long enough to know you can’t rely on what you are told by customer services when booking a cruise - just recently someone was told there was an iron in every stateroom - hello. What ship and cabin class did you book? What perks were you expecting?

While I would have asked for everything I was told to be in writing, do you at least have the names, dates and times you were told these things (they do record calls)? Do you have the name and direct number of the person who said he would call back and did not? I’ve learned to do this in any situation when someone promises to get back to me. Right now, it seems you just have a he said/she said situation that won’t hold a whole lot of water.

Being on the Boards 18 years doesn't mean I sit at the Boards every day and read everyone's problems, stories and experiences. I've gone on about 10 cruises starting in 1999ish and joined because of the roll call feature way back when.

I booked a GB gty. Anthem. Drink perks. I do have names/times, etc.. Its not he said / she said. Calls ARE recorded.