Pretzels and Snacks

Some ports are strict with what you take off. Like Cozumel has dogs to sniff out food on cruise passengers coming ashore. Other ports aren't as crazy so sneaking can be easier, though most do have rules on what food can be brought ashore.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If I am reading correctly, I do not think the question was about taking food off of the ships at the ports you visit. I believe the OP was talking about bringing on the ship from home for use on the ship.

A big thank you to everyone for your thoughts. I will bring a baggie full of pretzels and some packages of peanut butter crackers onboard to keep in our cabin to snack on if the need arises. We won't take them off the ship, as we will just use them onboard when we just want a nibble and not a big full blown nosh!!

Happy sailing everyone!!

On the Allure I once saw a woman walking away from the Park Cafe with a carrier bag chock full of small bags of chips. She had cleaned them out! None left for anyone else. Boo

Amazing. Incredibly rude and no consideration for anyone but herself.

Amazing. Incredibly rude and no consideration for anyone but herself.

I once saw a cruiser on another line pull out a Tupperware container and fill it up with ALL of the chocolate chip cookies on the buffet.! Some people have no consideration for others.

If I am reading correctly, I do not think the question was about taking food off of the ships at the ports you visit. I believe the OP was talking about bringing on the ship from home for use on the ship.
Correct, but then someone posted that it needs to be in factory sealed packages if you're planning to take off at a port, to which it was posted that they've never had a problem, which resulted in my post because I have seen them stop multiple people as they are walking on the dock that had non factory sealed food they were trying to bring into cozumel.

Correct, but then someone posted that it needs to be in factory sealed packages if you're planning to take off at a port, to which it was posted that they've never had a problem, which resulted in my post because I have seen them stop multiple people as they are walking on the dock that had non factory sealed food they were trying to bring into cozumel.

I take open pretzels or mixed nuts off in the ports all the time. What they really prohibit is FRUIT! As long as it is not fruit, they really don't care. I want my salty snacks at the beaches so always take something to snack on. I bring ziplocks with me to put some pretzels in and head to the beach

Do you really think a bag of pretzels show up on the xray?

Anyone that would pack a bag of pretzels in their check in luggage would wind up with salted crumbs, so what is the point.

They do run out of chips, believe it or not!!

They have even been known to run out of alcohol. Or a least a specific one.

Our cruise last Aug on Grandeur, they left port with two partial bottles of cachaca. And ran out. And did NOT restock at other ports.

Yes, not a problem. People talk about "the ship won't run out of food", but they don't have snack food like pretzels,chips,or even candy bars...well, they do but a can of Pringles is like $10.00 and I'm not kidding! I'll hit the CVS in San Juan to pick up a few things as well!

Yes, not a problem. People talk about "the ship won't run out of food", but they don't have snack food like pretzels,chips,or even candy bars...well, they do but a can of Pringles is like $10.00 and I'm not kidding! I'll hit the CVS in San Juan to pick up a few things as well!

Ships with Park Café have Lays potato chips and sometimes Sun Chips. Café 270 on Anthem has Lays and Sun Chips too. Not sure if the other Quantum class Café 270s.

Anyone that would pack a bag of pretzels in their check in luggage would wind up with salted crumbs, so what is the point.

Never, I take bags of pretzel nuggets and never have any problems. I take Wheat Thins and never have a problem. Just pack them around clothes, get to the cabin as if I just went to the grocery store and bought them

DW enjoys salted snacks at night. The duty free store usually sells Pringles and Pretzel Crisps. I think I recall seeing bagged popcorn on one cruise but can't be sure. As someone else noted, these items are extremely over priced. Supply and demand. We've started bringing on our own salted snacks. No issues.

I bring packaged snacks from home with the intent to bring them on the excursions.

The one thing I wasn’t sure about is water for excursions. Can water in a camelbak be brought off the ship?

I bring packaged snacks from home with the intent to bring them on the excursions.

The one thing I wasn’t sure about is water for excursions. Can water in a camelbak be brought off the ship?

I can’t it imagine it would be. We have never been checked for food or water going off the ship. Only coming back on

Many times they are trying to sell water bottles as you are getting off the ship and never have I heard them say to keep them closed until you are ashore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do they ever have bar snacks at the bar for salty snacks?

This is one place they seem to be missing the boat. :D

The purpose of the salty snacks on bars are to make you thirsty to drink more. But maybe with drink packages they want you to drink LESS. :D

We always bring some packaged snacks, primarily for excursions, but sometimes they get eaten in the cabin. I try to grab snacks from the buffet (a reasonable amount, what I can east myself in 1-2 days) for the afternoons as I am always hungry getting back from excursions before the buffet opens, and promenade cafe is pretty limited. Plus I usually bring gummy bears, as even with all the sweets on board, I often want something less rich.