Best place on emerald to see glacier

sandandsun123

where is the best place on the emerald to watch the glacier? Thanks![/

We started by having breakfast on our balcony and listening to the naturalist on TV. Later we moved upstairs to the top deck at the very front of the ship. It was amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The "BEST" place to see the glacier is from the small excursion boat (if your itinerary has one). We are recently off the Emerald, Vancouver to Seattle, and took the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer. Definitely not cheap, but worth every penny to us.

img_6034.jpg?w=680

We had to go up the Endicott Arm, vs Tracy Arm due to ice, but besides getting much closer to the glacier we saw numerous whales on the ride into Juneau. What a sight indeed to see four Humpbacks do a full breaching and wave goodby with those long fins.

I like to move around and would never stay on my balcony.

I like Promenade deck but also like the aft pool. If you are on your balcony, you will miss half the action.

A professional photographer told me the lower you are, the better the pictures and he is right, so Deck 7 is where I am most of the time. It is easy to move from side to side.

I like to move around and would never stay on my balcony.

I like Promenade deck but also like the aft pool. If you are on your balcony, you will miss half the action.

A professional photographer told me the lower you are, the better the pictures and he is right, so Deck 7 is where I am most of the time. It is easy to move from side to side.

Totally agree with this advice. :D

On the Ruby last September, we were on the small deck all the way forward on Lido. Very few people found it, and you can move back and forth as the ship rotates. If this is open on the Emerald, I think it's a good bet.

On the Ruby last September, we were on the small deck all the way forward on Lido. Very few people found it, and you can move back and forth as the ship rotates. If this is open on the Emerald, I think it's a good bet.

Just curious, are you referring to the area on top of the bridge? I would imagine, if it is open (not always the case) it would be an excellent viewing platform, albeit potentially very cold since there is little or no protection from the winds.