CocoCay -----> Perfect Day at CocoCay-----------> Pricing!!!

It looks to me like whatever we can do at Coco Cay now for free will still be available for free once they turn it into an amusement park. My concern is that with the pier, it will be normal to host multiple/larger ships, and it will cease to be the relaxing, uncrowded experience we enjoy now.

The pier is about the only thing that I've seen that I see value in, the rest is meh. We use a private island stop as a beach day and even with all of the new, um, amenities I don't think we'll be changing that.

Does anyone know the difference between between the 2 half day packages. On my cruise planner I have 1 for £43.66 and 1 for £36.26. Both seem to have the same description.

Also does anyone know how long a "half day" is?

The pier is about the only thing that I've seen that I see value in, the rest is meh. We use a private island stop as a beach day and even with all of the new, um, amenities I don't think we'll be changing that.

That is the entire purpose of this expansion and concept. If you just want to enjoy a beach day, you can still do that. It's "Perfect Day" for everyone, regardless of what you enjoy doing. And by the looks of the upgrades, even the beach areas are getting upgraded, too. Plus the pier is awesome. They still have quiet, secluded places. Lagoon, Pool/swim up bar, beach club, floating bar, etc. Lots of cool stuff outside of the waterpark. I think it's a fantastic idea and they do seem like they are enhancing the experience for everyone, including those not wishing to pay extra fees.

We stopped on CocoCay while on the Anthem in March 2017, and had a wonderful time and spent $0.00.

It's good to know that if I still want to spend that same amount next May, I can! But chances are, I will take advantage of some of the new offerings. :D

Looks like my "Perfect day at Coco Cay" will be a thing of the past.

M

You were a big fan of the tender boats I take it? Can't please everyone I guess.

That is the entire purpose of this expansion and concept. If you just want to enjoy a beach day, you can still do that. It's "Perfect Day" for everyone, regardless of what you enjoy doing. And by the looks of the upgrades, even the beach areas are getting upgraded, too. Plus the pier is awesome. They still have quiet, secluded places. Lagoon, Pool/swim up bar, beach club, floating bar, etc. Lots of cool stuff outside of the waterpark. I think it's a fantastic idea and they do seem like they are enhancing the experience for everyone, including those not wishing to pay extra fees.

We'll see I guess but I can't help but hear the lyrics to Big Yellow Taxi "they paved paradise and put up a parking lot".

Looks like my "Perfect day at Coco Cay" will be a thing of the past.

M

I'm getting that same feeling Marci.

Make that three! Our perfect day is already a thing of the past!

Nature Trail Hike = Bulldozed

Edited by pstone1
Spaces

That is the entire purpose of this expansion and concept. If you just want to enjoy a beach day, you can still do that. It's "Perfect Day" for everyone, regardless of what you enjoy doing.

No, in my mind the perfect day for everyone is a regular port of call where people who want a beach day can have it and those who don't want to be confined to a private area can go off and experience a country and its culture.

Perfect Day at Coco Cay Pricing

Coco Cay Zipline - $79

Thrill Waterpark Half Day Pass - $39

Thrill Waterpark Full Day Pass - $44

Up, Up & Away Helium Balloon Ride - $39

Thrill Waterpark Cabana with Full Day Pass - $499

Thanks, M_Mom,

You always have great information to share with us.

I appreciate your helpfulness.

For the most part I liked the changes at Labadee on our last trip. We walked to one of the farther beaches, found plenty of open space to have a regular beach day. I remember it was right under the zipline path and we amused ourselves by adding up how much $$$ Royal was making as each group of zipliners whizzed overhead.

I doubt we'll make use of the waterpark on CocoCay, but if it sucks up some of the people who would otherwise be on the beach competing for space, cool by me.

No, in my mind the perfect day for everyone is a regular port of call where people who want a beach day can have it and those who don't want to be confined to a private area can go off and experience a country and its culture.

They have that... it's any cruise that does not stop in Coco Cay or Labadee. ;p

I'm getting that same feeling Marci.

Make that three! Our perfect day is already a thing of the past!

Nature Trail Hike = Bulldozed

I do not know what I think yet. I LOVE Coco Cay, and I love walking around past the floating bar and finding a chair to hang out at and play at an almost deserted beach until it is time for a late lunch. However, I am excited about the new changes, and I just hope that there will actually be a place like what I just described.

If not, then I guess I will make four!! I will be very sad as I love taking the short trips from Canaveral to the island.

I am very happy about Perfect Day in Coco Cay as long as the price remains reasonable. I have two teen grandkids who were bored on our last visit so this addition gives them the opportunity to get their thrills in while us older folks can chill. Hopefully, the water park will also relieve congestion on the beach. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I may not return to South Beach for two reasons: the clamshells get hot and the water is much too shallow at low tide.

I agree with Cruisegirl1 and host Clarea. I would paraphrase “take paradise, and put up a water park”. My family doesn’t pay big $$ to fly or drive to Florida, from the Midwest, to go on a cruise with a large, fresh water pool water park. We want a quiet salt water beach experience. We can get the Wisconsin Dells anytime we want. I personally like the tender ride, but I realize the sea sometimes gets in the way. I can deal with the pier. Thankfully we can get our beach experience with other cruise lines

Coco Cay has always been my favorite place. I was initially upset about the changes but after looking at Royal's web site and seeing the fresh water pool with swim up bar, I got pretty excited! It appears to be free. (except for the Cabanas) This will be my new happy place. it also looks like there is another area with just loungers & not much else. I guess I will see Next May

Has anyone seen any sort of map or island layout of CocoCay once done? I'm partly trying to wrap my mind around where the pier and the water park will be in relation to what's currently there, and partly interested in seeing if there appears to be pure beach areas. There is a lot of land on CocoCay today that is unused so I'm still holding out hope that the new CocoCay will make everyone happy...waterpark for families and those looking for a more active day and quiet peaceful beach areas for those who just want to chill.

Has anyone seen any sort of map or island layout of CocoCay once done? I'm partly trying to wrap my mind around where the pier and the water park will be in relation to what's currently there, and partly interested in seeing if there appears to be pure beach areas. There is a lot of land on CocoCay today that is unused so I'm still holding out hope that the new CocoCay will make everyone happy...waterpark for families and those looking for a more active day and quiet peaceful beach areas for those who just want to chill.

Following

Royal Caribbean has an entire interactive map and expereince showing exactly this. Just go to their website.

You can almost see me at the swim up bar downing mudslides, with some cc'ers in the background complaining about the changes. But it's

OK, their tears fill the pool.

Personally I’m excited about the water park and pools. We’re a family of four (kids 9&12) from Alaska .. pools and water slides are a rarity for us! We got an email last week announcing that perfect day would be available for cruises starting May 2019. I feel like the cost for the water slide park is totally reasonable atm, but we’ll see if I have the same opinion afterwards.. Disney water park package included with tickets was very affordable and it was a huge water park with great amenities,currently costs $65 pp w/o package. I’m not expecting Disney for $44, but I hope I don’t have to carry my tube up huge staircases, or wait in outrageously long lines for all the slides.. guess we’ll see when we get there. [emoji41]

I’m excited about all the free dinning there too. Hopefully more options than just the plain old bbq offered on Labadee.

Is anyone interested in the hot air balloon? I haven’t noticed anyone even mentioning this experience on CC.

They had it at Disney world when we were there, was pretty expensive as I recall , so it wasn’t very appealing to us. I’m surprised that they went with such a large attraction, with what I expect will be a low capacity ride. Any idea how long the experience lasts or how many it holds?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums