RCCL New Website Issue

If you're getting the problem I think you are, to be able to check that checkbox, you need to scroll down the text associated with it all the way to the bottom - the checkbox only becomes active after you've viewed all the text.

I thought of that and have done that multiple times. Sigh.

JC

In order to get checked in for my cruise in August, I had to use the link on the main RC page under Already Booked. When I tried to check in on the new web site where the cruise is listed, it said my sailing was being updated. Good Luck!!! I never got documents for my last cruise in May. Hoping to get those somewhere along the way so I can print out luggage tags.

Smithster- I got a reply from C&A! They have noted my preferences on booking but didn't say this had to be done each time. They said the IT Dept had been working on updates this past month to improve errors. Due to constant updates, C&A option is not available and they do not have a time frame as to when it will be fully restored.

Not much of an answer really. I still keep going back to pre gold, no such luck with them making me a pinnacle lol!!

Oh and I can't find where to print luggage tags :(

Smithster- I got a reply from C&A! They have noted my preferences on booking but didn't say this had to be done each time. They said the IT Dept had been working on updates this past month to improve errors. Due to constant updates, C&A option is not available and they do not have a time frame as to when it will be fully restored.

Not much of an answer really. I still keep going back to pre gold, no such luck with them making me a pinnacle lol!!

Oh and I can't find where to print luggage tags :(

When is your cruise ?

Luggage tags are not available until on or about the 49 day mark.

Easy fix, if you have not found out already. Go to your profile and just input Male/Female or any new info. It will auto change to correct status and points. Still a pain

I did that a few weeks ago and I was back to Diamond Plus, but yesterday when I went to my account I was pregold again. Oh well.

Edited by parrotplay

I called them today. Apparently now they no longer take calls for C&A instead you have to email your preferences for each and every booking! How ridiculous!! You can no longer look up specials for members etc etc.

I've also been trying to do my online check in today with numerous problems. Have phoned them 4 times and ended up with a shocking headache. Bring back the old site I say.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is odd, because exactly 27 minutes ago I received an email message from them (in response to my email of May 28) telling me to call to change my preferences :rolleyes:

The web site is getting beyond annoying!! Yesterday I was pre-gold with no points...and anytime I would try to do a mock booking it would tell me my C&A # was invalid even after copying & pasting it FROM MY PROFILE!!! Today I am back to D+ and my points are right...but it still isn't recognize my C&A#....so much for wanting to price & book another cruise....:mad:

The web site is getting beyond annoying!! Yesterday I was pre-gold with no points...and anytime I would try to do a mock booking it would tell me my C&A # was invalid even after copying & pasting it FROM MY PROFILE!!! Today I am back to D+ and my points are right...but it still isn't recognize my C&A#....so much for wanting to price & book another cruise....:mad:

Karen thanks for posting this. I am having the same problem with my c and a number today

It's still that way this morning. It will take my c and a number to give me pricing but when I go to complete the booking and add names etc it says my number is invalid. Won't take Dan's name and c and a number either. I know that I am entering the correct ones.

If anyone is missing a 'Next Cruise Itinerary' for January 1 - 2, 2019 and can give me the reservation number I will return it you. ;p It showed up in my profile after the website update. I've been meaning to call Royal but just haven't gotten around to it. We did book while onboard our last cruise but this is in addition to the one we booked.

I tried to log in for a payment today. It won't even let me log in. "try again later"

Have you been able to log on yet? Been trying all day to log on and it keeps saying "Cannot process your request at this time, please try again later."

It's still that way this morning. It will take my c and a number to give me pricing but when I go to complete the booking and add names etc it says my number is invalid. Won't take Dan's name and c and a number either. I know that I am entering the correct ones.

Still that way tonite too...I even copied my number right off my profile page & it still say's invalid..sure glad they don't run their ships like they do their web page!

So, I have been vacillating between my correct, D+ and pre-gold. Yesterday when I was able to use Firefox on my IPad to complete my online check in it said, please wait for your C&A status as this is under repair.

If you are wanting to book anything and you have an Ipad, try Firefox, it might actually work. I can’t imagine how screwed up a web page is that only works for very odd web browsers. I would imagine that IE, and Safari which both don’t work are much more common browsers for the masses.

If you can’t I would definitely consider it is time to get a TA. I would love to hear from TAs how it is working behind the scenes. I know that I have done business with giant corporations who have gone thru all sorts of heck when they have changed enterprise operating changes. They have basically been unable to ship products or produce products because of these changes. They are complicated systems and change is very painful.

Sigh.....

JC

No doubt the RCI web site issues are unfathomable. But Firefox is not that uncommon a browser. Consolidating all Platforms, the top browsers are Chrome, Safari, IE/Edge, and Firefox. Although Firefox is not that popular on tablets or phones.

No doubt the RCI web site issues are unfathomable. But Firefox is not that uncommon a browser. Consolidating all Platforms, the top browsers are Chrome, Safari, IE/Edge, and Firefox. Although Firefox is not that popular on tablets or phones.

Actually, my experience is when large companies change the system that the problems that follow are predictable and usually disastrous.

I am sad to say, RCI is not an exception. I can only imagine how much money they put a match too with this change.

JC

Exact same issue here. I want to book this as a surprise, so I couldn’t call to complete the booking, hope it is still available when I am alone for a few minutes later today so I can call.