Looking for opinions please! Indy or Jewel?

Hi! So trying to convert my hubby into a cruiser didn't work (damn you storm and giant waves lol!) so I talked my bestie into taking a cruise last February and she is hooked!! Now our other two great girlfriends want to try. I'm so excited but we are all a bit high maintenance Jersey types :p so we can't cram ourselves and all of our makeup into a balcony. Now we decided to check out suites.

I'm super excited because I've never done a suite yet in 13 years of cruising! But our choices are slim because our dates are not flexible. I really want to revisit Labadee and know my girls will love the over the water cabanas. I've narrowed our choices down to Indy with an aft Grand Suite, 8714, 8414 or 9708 OR the Jewel with an Owners Suite 8668 or 7672. I will say Radiance has been my favorite ship so far because of the beauty of it but I'm with 4 ladies that will want dancing and entertainment so not sure if Jewel is too small or old for us? My bestie has only been on Enchantment and fell in love so I feel like I can't go wrong. I just would love some advice from other CCers about what YOU would do!

Hi! So trying to convert my hubby into a cruiser didn't work (damn you storm and giant waves lol!) so I talked my bestie into taking a cruise last February and she is hooked!! Now our other two great girlfriends want to try. I'm so excited but we are all a bit high maintenance Jersey types :p so we can't cram ourselves and all of our makeup into a balcony. Now we decided to check out suites.

I'm super excited because I've never done a suite yet in 13 years of cruising! But our choices are slim because our dates are not flexible. I really want to revisit Labadee and know my girls will love the over the water cabanas. I've narrowed our choices down to Indy with an aft Grand Suite, 8714, 8414 or 9708 OR the Jewel with an Owners Suite 8668 or 7672. I will say Radiance has been my favorite ship so far because of the beauty of it but I'm with 4 ladies that will want dancing and entertainment so not sure if Jewel is too small or old for us? My bestie has only been on Enchantment and fell in love so I feel like I can't go wrong. I just would love some advice from other CCers about what YOU would do!

It depends on how "best friends" you are.

The third and fourth berths in those cabins is a shared sofabed.

And the owner's suite "main" bed does NOT separate into two twins.

Perhaps two connected balcony cabins would work better? Two bathrooms!!!!!

So one bed is only a king and then the other room is 2 twins? It says two kings that separate into twins on the site but that's not always accurate lol. My bestie and I don't mind a king, happens to us all the time when we go to all inclusives! However, I do want everyone to have a bed... can anyone elaborate further for me? Bare with me, I just quit coffee :D

I don't think I can get two balcony rooms, and I may be wrong, but two have never cruised and one only cruised once. I'm platinum so one room wouldn't get my benefits, right? Like boarding first or the discount on balcony cabin?

I so appreciate the responses! I think late night stuff is important so that's something to consider. We are a karaoke, piano bar, dancing kind of group. My only complaint on the Radiance years ago was that everything closed early and we were a bit bored at night.

Jewel isn't too old/small. The Jewel's class of ships was built as the best parts of Vision and Voyager/Indy class ships. I'd do Jewel myself, done 200nites of class with 100 this next year. But if had kids with me would consider Indy...

I'd prefer Indy over Jewel...especially, if you want to tan in the Solarium. On Jewel, the so-called "retractable" roof is seldom, if ever, opened, meaning no tanning under the glass roof. That was a HUGE downside for me. The main pool and both decks were so crowded and noisy on sea days....And, having the royal promenade is lovely....the Jewel only has a "centrum" that gets mighty crowded....

8668 or 7672 or not Owner's Suite, they are two bedrooms Suite. We were in 8668 last November and we loved it and it is big enough for four ladies.

Lyne

This is where RCCL gets confusing! On the deck plans when I was looking they listed 7672 as 2 bedroom owners suite. By any chance would you have pics? Did it have two bedrooms with 2 twins in each? Thanks for responding!

Two balcony cabins with two bathrooms would be nice and work well. However, suite would have concierge lounge privileges.

Personally would prefer Independence over Jewel.

I'm afraid since I'm the only platinum only one room would get benefits or discounts.

Only you get the benefits of being Platinum, not everyone in your party.

I purchased my balcony last year for my friend and I and got the discount on our room even though she never cruised and they had us both go in the platinum waiting area for our room since we were in the same stateroom under my name. They also gave us both robes even though she isn't. They told me if booked in a room with a platinum member the entire room gets the benefits. But I don't think they will if they book it under their names linked to me.

This is where RCCL gets confusing! On the deck plans when I was looking they listed 7672 as 2 bedroom owners suite. By any chance would you have pics? Did it have two bedrooms with 2 twins in each? Thanks for responding!

Ah, they have renamed the RFS (Royal Family Suite) to the TS (two bedroom suite) to 2 bedroom Owner's suite.

This will have two bedrooms. Each has a queen (they say king, but, feh) that can be separated into two twins.

BUT neither one has windows. The windows are only in the living area. One room has an en suite REALLY nice bathroom. The other one has a "hall bathroom" with shower stall.

You being platinum will get the platinum balcony discount on whatever cabin you are in. You don't get many other benefits, but the other three get none of those.

If you book this suite, you all four get Concierge Lounge privileges, including 3 1/2 hours of free drinks each night from a limited menu.

diamond_drink_menu_brilliance_May_2018.jpg

Anthem_Platinum_sheet.jpg

I purchased my balcony last year for my friend and I and got the discount on our room even though she never cruised and they had us both go in the platinum waiting area for our room since we were in the same stateroom under my name. They also gave us both robes even though she isn't. They told me if booked in a room with a platinum member the entire room gets the benefits. But I don't think they will if they book it under their names linked to me.

You got a balcony discount because you were platinum, only one passenger needs to qualify for the discount, whether it is a c&a discount, residency discount or senior discount. Anyone can get bathrobes if they want, you just have to ask. As far as the waiting area, that depends on the port, some will allow all in the higher waiting area, others won't. Benefits do not apply to the entire cabin. At platinum, it really doesn't matter, but once you become diamond and are still traveling with your friend, she will not be allowed in the diamond lounge. If your DH decides to start cruising again, he will get your status and will be allowed in the diamond lounge with you when you make diamond.

I'm afraid since I'm the only platinum only one room would get benefits or discounts.

I was referring to all four of you staying in a true suite - not standard balcony rooms. If you stay together in a suite you would all have concierge lounge access and suite privileges. The fact that you are platinum makes no difference.

Ah, they have renamed the RFS (Royal Family Suite) to the TS (two bedroom suite) to 2 bedroom Owner's suite.

This will have two bedrooms. Each has a queen (they say king, but, feh) that can be separated into two twins.

BUT neither one has windows. The windows are only in the living area. One room has an en suite REALLY nice bathroom. The other one has a "hall bathroom" with shower stall.

You being platinum will get the platinum balcony discount on whatever cabin you are in. You don't get many other benefits, but the other three get none of those.

If you book this suite, you all four get Concierge Lounge privileges, including 3 1/2 hours of free drinks each night from a limited menu.

Thank you so much for the awesome info! Can you tell me if the grand suite I mentioned on Indy also has 2 queens that split into twins? Each having our own bed would be ideal. I just don't want to book something that says 4 twins and get an unhappy surprise. That's so good to know about my passenger getting my benefits too, thank you!

You got a balcony discount because you were platinum, only one passenger needs to qualify for the discount, whether it is a c&a discount, residency discount or senior discount. Anyone can get bathrobes if they want, you just have to ask. As far as the waiting area, that depends on the port, some will allow all in the higher waiting area, others won't. Benefits do not apply to the entire cabin. At platinum, it really doesn't matter, but once you become diamond and are still traveling with your friend, she will not be allowed in the diamond lounge. If your DH decides to start cruising again, he will get your status and will be allowed in the diamond lounge with you when you make diamond.

This is great info, thanks! If I become diamond I swear I'm naming my bestie as a spouse lol! I just told DH his spouse designation is wasted on RCCL lol!

If you want the bigger wow factor and more things to do, I'd go Indy. I don't know if the flowrider would be your speed, but they also add the ice skating rink and the bridge lift used for the 70's show is actually impressive (at least to my wife and I who are intrigued with technical aspects of production shows). Plus the addition of Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's and there is always a place to get a snack. Indy's solarium is outdoor, Jewel's is indoor; you can get to either helipad.

As for staterooms, that's down to personal preference of your group. Two connecting staterooms gives access to two bathrooms but then again larger suites have a larger bathroom to go with them.

Although you would get to diamond quicker if you book a suite.

As long as we are referring to the RFS on Freedom Class ships, there is definitely a window in the "master" bedroom. The hall bedroom is identical to an interior room with no windows. The beds in both rooms can be combined or separated to meet your liking. We were in 9408 on Freedom last year.