Boarded Harmony today for Honeymoon---off to a negative start!

Our daughter and new son-in-law boarded Harmony today at 11:15. They did not receive any mention of their honeymoon. Their stateroom (Central Park balcony) was available at 1:15. When they arrived...once again no mention of the honeymoon! No welcome champagne as promised! However, they received a note and bottle of wine that said, "Happy Retirement Mom!" They notified the courtesy desk. They picked up Mom's wine and gave them a card with a reservation to the buffet at Solarium Bistro.

My daughter is currently an Emerald member; one point from Diamond. I would think that RCI would want to entice a young professional couple by showing their best efforts! :confused::confused::confused:

Swimmomneedsabreak

Almost every passenger is sailing to celebrate a special occasion. Honeymoons, anniversaries, birthdays and retirements are all over the ship! If they expected acknowledgement there are a selection of decor and gifts available to pre-purchase on line to be delivered to the stateroom. "Status" does not guarantee recognition. However some thoughtful planning from their loved ones could easily have provided those special moments without the attitude of privilege.

Sometimes on embarkation days the stewards are so busy, that just getting the rooms prepared is enough work. Sometimes paid amenities and celebrations aren't in place until dinner, or at turn down. Be patient, IF the celebratory items don't show up by morning, then I would be at the desk inquiring why. On the Princess celebratory section, it actually tells you that.

They seldom, if ever, "recognize" any occasion, unless you've paid for some sort of "celebration" upgrade. The last poster is correct....90% of the ship has a "special occasion" in which they are honoring on their cruise.

Now, if someone sent them champagne, and they don't get it by dinnertime, they need to go to customer service and see about it!

Our daughter and new son-in-law boarded Harmony today at 11:15. They did not receive any mention of their honeymoon. Their stateroom (Central Park balcony) was available at 1:15. When they arrived...once again no mention of the honeymoon! No welcome champagne as promised! However, they received a note and bottle of wine that said, "Happy Retirement Mom!" They notified the courtesy desk. They picked up Mom's wine and gave them a card with a reservation to the buffet at Solarium Bistro.

My daughter is currently an Emerald member; one point from Diamond. I would think that RCI would want to entice a young professional couple by showing their best efforts! :confused::confused::confused:

Swimmomneedsabreak

Did you or someone order items for the honeymoon couple or was it just "expected" that Royal Caribbean would do something special for them??

Almost every passenger is sailing to celebrate a special occasion. Honeymoons, anniversaries, birthdays and retirements are all over the ship! If they expected acknowledgement there are a selection of decor and gifts available to pre-purchase on line to be delivered to the stateroom. "Status" does not guarantee recognition. However some thoughtful planning from their loved ones could easily have provided those special moments without the attitude of privilege.

Well said.

M

OP- there will likely be a honeymooner reception. I am not sure if notice of the reception is individually sent to honeymooners, or is simply a post in the daily compass. Ask your daughter to look for the reception.

Quick question - who promised the champagne?

Hope they enjoy their honeymoon.

M

RCI offered to do something special when their stateroom was accidentally cancelled after it was paid in full. They did not know it was cancelled until they received their credit card statement. They had a multitude of unnecessary problems during the booking process that I failed to mention. They actually laughed and said they would be lucky if they had a bed! Thanks, cruisegirl1! We have taken several cruises...but none were for a special occasion! Just because we could and wanted to!

RCI offered to do something special when their stateroom was accidentally cancelled after it was paid in full. They did not know it was cancelled until they received their credit card statement. They had a multitude of unnecessary problems during the booking process that I failed to mention. They actually laughed and said they would be lucky if they had a bed! Thanks, cruisegirl1! We have taken several cruises...but none were for a special occasion! Just because we could and wanted to!

Did they say what that "something special" would be? Did they specify that there would be something in their cabin at embarkation?

Swimmomneedsabreak

Congratulations to your daughter on her marriage.

Central Park is a lovely part of a lovely ship.

Whoever promised the Champagne needs to sort it.

RC IT is a mess at the moment but lots of celebratory items like champagne, chocolates flowers etc can be ordered online pre cruise.

We hope the rest of their honeymoon cruise is special.

Well said.

M

Agree 100%. Family can pre order items appropriate for their celebrating family members and the items will be delivered. Family ordered for brother/sil for 50th and all was delivered as requested on the correct date. Family recently sent gifts for my birthday to Majesty and again delivered to me as requested. Ask and they will receive.

I mean, wow they didn't get a bottle of champagne so now the cruise is gonna suck??? Yes, maybe they had some difficulty booking and had some mess ups. Computers and people do make mistakes. However, they are on the ship. Instead of looking for negatives tell them to enjoy celebrating their honeymoon and let the small stuff slide. Some people go their entire lives without affording a vacation

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Wow that’s terrible. How will they make it through the next week? Make sure they have the number for a crisis center.

But seriously, how elitist/privileged can someone be? Do you know how many folks can never afford a cruise of any type? Try to be grateful.

Well... we would make the best of it for our own sake, but I'm not a fan of "when so many cannot afford". People choose this type of vacations and pay for this.

If you complain about service from land based company you don't get ... be happy, some hungry people live on streets.

Cruises are private company services, not a welfare.

Yes, RCI promised a bottle of champagne, red wine or white wine at embarkation. My daughter selected champagne. :)

Yes, they are entitled given what we went through with Priceline and RCI. The facts are that on two occasions a 3-way call was necessary to resolve booking/cancelling/pricing issues.

Yes, perhaps I voice my opinion too soon!

RC will honour this. You could ring C&A and they usually sort things out.

I'm sure they will have a fantastic cruise,we had 3 fantastic cruises on Harmony.

Regards Graham & Pauline

On our honeymoon on Sun Viking almost 24 years ago we got champagne glasses and a bottle of inexpensive sparkling wine. I think it was J. Roget or Andre. Certainly not Dom Perignon!

It was a nice surprise, but I think our travel agent probably arranged it.

It's possible that "Retirement Mom" received the sparking wine meant for your honeymooners.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, RCI promised a bottle of champagne, red wine or white wine at embarkation. My daughter selected champagne. :)

Yes, they are entitled given what we went through with Priceline and RCI. The facts are that on two occasions a 3-way call was necessary to resolve booking/cancelling/pricing issues.

Yes, perhaps I voice my opinion too soon!

Do they have an email or something promising the champagne? Just ask their room steward or call customer service. As they have already experienced, things go astray. Could have been due to the room change. Can’t imagine what kind of acknowledgement they were looking for being honeymooners but I’m sure there are dozens of them on the ship. Maybe if someone had gifted them with room decorations, their steward would have wished them a happy honeymoon.

OP - given the situation you described and the champagne promise, tell your daughter to give it a day or two and if it is not yet received, then contact guest services on the ship. Be prepared for guest services to tell her that they know nothing of the promise. Please don't let a $5 bottle of champagne ruin her honeymoon!

M

ps - tell her to watch for complimentary drink ( champagne) opportunities such as welcome back party, art auction, captains evening etc.

M

Swimmomneedsabreak

I understand your disappointment. If something was agreed upon and paid for, it should be there at the time expected. Whether it should ruin there cruise or not is an entirely different issue.

I think many posters here likely take offense to the last sentence of your initial statement. The vast majority of people who cruise are upper middle class/upper class. Most being professionals or in relatively higher paying jobs. Making a statement that your newlywed couple deserves special attention and treatment because they are professionals and one point from Diamond comes of as elitist and snobby. Furthermore, I do not believe RCI passes off occupational information to the cabin stewards and wat staff. It is definitely not on your Sea Pass card.