Anyone know how many inches under carnival beds? For storing liggage.

AmberTeka

I am buying a new suitcase I think. I bought one that is 26" by 33". Is that too big?

Thank you for any advice.

I have put some pretty large suitcases under the bed and never had a problem, you should be fine. If it feels like something is stopping you, look under the bed. Sometimes they store extra bedding, pillows, ladders (if a triple cabin) under the bed. Just move stuff around and I'm sure your suitcase will fit.

As long as the suitcase is not oversized in its smallest dimension you will not have any problem. We can always get 2 suitcases (1 large and 1 medium) under a king bed easily with room to spare. The only real concern is if it is too thick lying on its back to go under the bed but any luggage that I know of is not too thick.

We have large suitcases. We will lift our suitcases and slide them under the bed. Sometimes you may have to lift up on the bed to clear the side rail but it should slide under easily after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is one caveat; sometimes a bed frame the size of a single bed will be stored under the bed. We've had this happen twice when we specified Queen on the preferences tab at time of registration. Carnival used that space to store this hunk of metal that will consume your toes if you kicked it accidentally... Trust me.

I was able to maneuver it to one side and store two larger suitcases under one side of the bed.

We've always had plenty of room for luggage and will leave one of them open to toss our dirty clothes into.

That's our technique too. Open zipper with easy access from bedside.

This was supposed to read: "We nest our suitcases"

We have large suitcases. We will lift our suitcases and slide them under the bed. Sometimes you may have to lift up on the bed to clear the side rail but it should slide under easily after that

I have not read all the replies, but up till last year, I had about the largest size (Ricardo of Hollywood - best luggage with LOTS of pockets:)) size luggage you can have, and downsize it some last year. Even with downsizing I have been able to fit it under my bed in an inner room. If I remember right, I believe there was even room in the closet as well.

Personally, I dislike the idea of storing anything under the beds in a cabin or hotel room. There is a very slight chance of coming home with some unwanted critters left by the previous guests.

I only bring one small piece of luggage anyway, and can easily fit it in one of the closets. Even so, I always spray it when I get home before storing it in the garage.

While numerous posters will write that this has never happened to them when they put luggage under a bed, and I did say a very slight chance, I'm just following recommendations from pest control experts. I cruise and vacation often enough that I feel my exposure is heightened to this possibility.

If too big, slide it under the bed opened, and throw dirty clothes in it. We bought a huge red suitcase for our cruises, and found it too awkward to manage, so we just bought a lovely hard sided (bed bug resistant) set, and just bring 2 smaller suitcases and the carry on now and found that easier for us. Now if we can figure out how to pack less, and just bring one smaller suitcase, that would be grand!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Personally, I dislike the idea of storing anything under the beds in a cabin or hotel room. There is a very slight chance of coming home with some unwanted critters left by the previous guests.

I only bring one small piece of luggage anyway, and can easily fit it in one of the closets. Even so, I always spray it when I get home before storing it in the garage.

While numerous posters will write that this has never happened to them when they put luggage under a bed, and I did say a very slight chance, I'm just following recommendations from pest control experts. I cruise and vacation often enough that I feel my exposure is heightened to this possibility.

I wish you hadn't posted this :). It's a very good point.

ROFL

There are more critters in your garage than under your cruise ship bed. Now, I may agree with you about critters under a hotel bed that probably never gets moved.