Is there such a thing as "group rate" for Royal Caribbean?

33 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Our agent for the last 20+ years always gets us what we want and at outrageous prices. 

That's exactly one of the reasons why we us a TA.  We had the same TA (RIP) for +35 years and I bet you don't get the same perks today that you did 20 years ago.  I know we don't.  The nature of the business has changed dramatically.  I recall 15 of us in eight cabins all getting $900 OBC after our TA worked the system.  She once got us upgraded on Oceania to a penthouse suite with a butler.  Sadly that spoiled DW for anything less.  

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

1.  There are special rates an agent can provide for staterooms on sailings where their AGENCY reserves a large block of cabins in certain categories. These rates are very often very low and even have some additional perks as well from the agency.

2.  There used to be some perks offered by Royal Caribbean for small groups of friends or relatives that will be cruising together and create their own group.

The amount used to be EIGHT CABINS if I recall, and those group bookings are available to anyone or any travel agent.

This was true in the way back, when I had my agency. TODAY ???

TA's can still block groups with as few as 8 rooms.  It does not have to be an agency to block these

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal absolutely does still offer group rates to TA's including a group amenity based in the sailing but most people choose the $50 OBC as well as an early booking bonus of $50 for booking directly into a group more than 6 months in advance (this is not combinable with the C&A balcony discount)

All your agent needs to do is log onto cruising power and they can view the group rates and create their own group.

Not sure why royal group sales told me and my ta differently

6 hours ago, doug0105 said:

My agent and I contacted royal group sales ,and they no longer offer room discounts or perks for group bookings.  The ta can offer a $50 room credit out of there commission 

If your agent cannot access group rates or do better than that time to find a new TA. Many many of us do group cruises all the time at group rates he has aaccess to. They also have refundable rates, for these select categories.  Perhaps you wanted a cabin not offered at a group rate? Like I cant get that aft corner at a group rate but for sure I can get anything from a neighborhood balcony or a ocean ville at a little to a lot off, plus some obc. Plus my whole diamond balcony discount I dont get booking direct. I just got off allure at a b2b group rate, 10 more group rates booked.

Find a better ta who knows what he is doing.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
On 10/1/2023 at 3:00 PM, firefly333 said:

If your agent cannot access group rates or do better than that time to find a new TA. Many many of us do group cruises all the time at group rates he has aaccess to. 

Find a better ta who knows what he is doing.

How do you find an agent who provide group rates?