Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

14 minutes ago, broberts said:

This shade of blue without the logo?

image.png.b38c8cd8f201da3eac8f57aadd969096.png

Yep. It's the background you would expect to see (complete with the little white polka dots), and the progress bar across the top makes it look like it's loading the login screen, but once that is done, nothing but the background screen exists. I've tried IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari from my pc, iPad, and iPhone with no success on any platform or browser.

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Yep. It's the background you would expect to see (complete with the little white polka dots), and the progress bar across the top makes it look like it's loading the login screen, but once that is done, nothing but the background screen exists. I've tried IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari from my pc, iPad, and iPhone with no success on any platform or browser.

Have you cleared cookies for the RCI website? Or tried an incognito/private browser window?

11 minutes ago, broberts said:

Have you cleared cookies for the RCI website? Or tried an incognito/private browser window?

Yes to both. I've also shut my PC and iPad down completely and did a cold reboot to both, with no success.

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Yes to both. I've also shut my PC and iPad down completely and did a cold reboot to both, with no success.

Odd that you are seeing this on multiple devices. Have you tried in different locations, i.e. outside your home network?

2 minutes ago, broberts said:

Odd that you are seeing this on multiple devices. Have you tried in different locations, i.e. outside your home network?

Yes. I've also rebooted my network with no success.

I just tried again and this time I got a message in a seatbelt at the bottom of the screen that says "! We've got your info. However, we're unable to bring up your account right now so please try again later."

Just now, orville99 said:

Yes. I've also rebooted my network with no success.

I just tried again and this time I got a message in a seatbelt at the bottom of the screen that says "! We've got your info. However, we're unable to bring up your account right now so please try again later."

How does it know the account? I think you are going to have to call or email RCI.

14 minutes ago, broberts said:

How does it know the account? I think you are going to have to call or email RCI.

It may very well be my ISP. Smart City seems to be blocking some ip addresses. I've tried some other applications, and some load and others just stall out.

The only RCL app that works is the one that you use onboard.

• 3 weeks later...

I am 44 days out from my upcoming cruise...I have been, for two days now trying to access my Set Sail Pass...

I keep getting a message "Sorry there's been a glitch. Check-in is unavailable, so please try again later." 

I have signed into my account with different browsers.

I CAN see my set sail pass via the Royal App on my phone tho. 

Another cruiser on our Roll call said it's happening to her too..... 

Anyone have an idea WHY this would be happening? 

I am hoping they are updating the set sail passes of those that placed bids for upgrades with the new cabin info … or possibly it's just Royal's typical internet issues.... 

Edited by SRV FAN

Ihave the same problem. I was using Google chrome as my broser and when i changed to microsoft Explorer and loged into the royal web site it worked for me. I think royal should hire 12 year olds to run their IT dept.

49 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

I am 44 days out from my upcoming cruise...I have been, for two days now trying to access my Set Sail Pass...

I keep getting a message "Sorry there's been a glitch. Check-in is unavailable, so please try again later." 

I have signed into my account with different browsers.

I CAN see my set sail pass via the Royal App on my phone tho. 

Another cruiser on our Roll call said it's happening to her too..... 

Anyone have an idea WHY this would be happening? 

I am hoping they are updating the set sail passes of those that placed bids for upgrades with the new cabin info … or possibly it's just Royal's typical internet issues.... 

Having the same problem. Hope they get it fixed. Terrible IT Dept. with Royal Caribbean!

@SRV FAN Take a screen shot of the sail pass on the app. You can crop off the other stuff, then save it. Then it is on the phone, and you can print it if you want a hard copy like any other picture.

I sometimes email things to myself in case I lose my phone so I can just pull it off my email web site if nec. (I have not set up Cloud storage yet but you can save it there, too, if you have one.)

Edited by mayleeman

42 days until sailing, cannot print setsail pass or luggage tag.  "Pending" shows next to the 2 icons.  Not showing on the RCI app either.

After 3 calls to RCI, they emailed me the APIS passenger form for my entire party.  How far along can I get through check in process with those APIS form?  Just to the checkin desk, or will it get me all the way through like a setsail pass (that's what the rci phone rep told me...??)  SOTS, Port of Miami.

2 hours ago, mayleeman said:

@SRV FAN Take a screen shot of the sail pass on the app. You can crop off the other stuff, then save it. Then it is on the phone, and you can print it if you want a hard copy like any other picture.

I sometimes email things to myself in case I lose my phone so I can just pull it off my email web site if nec. (I have not set up Cloud storage yet but you can save it there, too, if you have one.)

The issue is I “want to see” my set sail pass to see if my cabin # has been issued. 

19 minutes ago, SRV FAN said:

The issue is I “want to see” my set sail pass to see if my cabin # has been issued. 

Your stateroom number (if assigned) should show up when you look at your reservation details on RC's website.

Alternatively, you can get a copy of your booking confirmation from this automated number:  866-562-7625, press #4

This subject “Royal Caribbean Website Pain” was first posted in Sept 2017 and it is still very active almost 2 years later with 823 responses!   Users have a multitude of different issues with booking cruises, accessing accounts, printing passes, viewing itineraries, you name it.  It’s ridiculous that the RCCL website continues to have these problems and that anyone should have to clear cache, switch browsers, log out and in from a different page, wear a chicken suit or whatever else to hope it works.

Here’s my plan: I stopped cruising with RCCL. I just booked a cruise with Crystal and the website was fast, intuitive and so easy to maneuver around.  It was a joy.  

Now I need to figure out how to stop getting notifications from this thread because it’s obviously never going to end. 

2 minutes ago, Cruise-y said:

Now I need to figure out how to stop getting notifications from this thread because it’s obviously never going to end.

Click on your name in the upper right and choose "Magage Followed Content".

8 minutes ago, Cruise-y said:

This subject “Royal Caribbean Website Pain” was first posted in Sept 2017 and it is still very active almost 2 years later with 823 responses!   Users have a multitude of different issues with booking cruises, accessing accounts, printing passes, viewing itineraries, you name it.  It’s ridiculous that the RCCL website continues to have these problems and that anyone should have to clear cache, switch browsers, log out and in from a different page, wear a chicken suit or whatever else to hope it works.

Here’s my plan: I stopped cruising with RCCL. I just booked a cruise with Crystal and the website was fast, intuitive and so easy to maneuver around.  It was a joy.  

Gotta tell you, your " chicken suit " comment made me laugh soooo hard! I agree with a lot of what you said but don't give up.

Have fun cruising !

Here's my story.  Several weeks ago I did online check in for DH and I on my phone.  I took his picture, but didn't take mine (bad hair day, lol 🤣).  I figured I could add it later.  I can't find a way to edit the set sail pass on my phone.  Is there a way?  Next thing I did was look at online check in on the computer.  I could edit it and saw a place to add my photo, but this time I was in my PJs with no make up on 😲, so I figured I'd add it later.  So, a few weeks pass and I was going to edit online check in today on the computer to add my photo. I get an "oops there is a problem, please try again later" message.  I've received it all day. I noticed that my edocs are available.  Does this mean that I can't edit anymore or is there really a glitch? I sail in a month.  The edocs don't have a set sail pass, but we have them on our phones.  I prefer a paper copy so I don't have to mess with my phone at check in.  Am I out of luck?  Thanks for the help!