Elite Coffee House and Cocktail Lounge

Lady Arwen

We've not sailed with Celebrity since receiving our Elite status. Since then I believe the daily complimentary drink coupons have been replaced with the Coffee House/Cocktail Lounge. I assume it's the same room that used for both. Do we receive a complimentary cocktail in the evening with canapes or is it a pay bar? Is the coffee house also complimentary espresso drinks, such as cappuccino? Appreciate any advice you may have regarding our Elite benefits.

Edited by Lady Arwen
spelling

So far the daily drink coupons have only been used when the number of Elites was too great for one venue to host. So the "norm" is to have the two hour cocktail party from 5 - 7 each night except the night of embarkation and the night of the Senior Officers' Party. There have been some reports that Celebrity is now loading three drink coupons on your SeaPass card so you can utilize them elsewhere than the cocktail hour venue. On Solstice Class ships this is in the Sky Lounge. The Sky Lounge event is not a pay bar unless you want a drink other than the Elite cocktails listed on a sheet. The Elite Breakfast is held in Tuscan Grille and espresso etc drinks are complimentary as well as Bloody Marys and Mimosas.

Do a search of Cruise Critic and you can find photos of the menus for each event. The main thing to remember is to consult the instructions you will receive in your stateroom where the locations, hours, and restrictions of all Elite functions will be spelled out.

So far the daily drink coupons have only been used when the number of Elites was too great for one venue to host. So the "norm" is to have the two hour cocktail party from 5 - 7 each night except the night of embarkation and the night of the Senior Officers' Party. There have been some reports that Celebrity is now loading three drink coupons on your SeaPass card so you can utilize them elsewhere than the cocktail hour venue. On Solstice Class ships this is in the Sky Lounge. The Sky Lounge event is not a pay bar unless you want a drink other than the Elite cocktails listed on a sheet. The Elite Breakfast is held in Tuscan Grille and espresso etc drinks are complimentary as well as Bloody Marys and Mimosas.

Well said. We have never had the drink coupons loaded on the SeaPass card. We show up to the Sky Lounge (as mentioned) between 5 and 7 most evenings. The Elite Breakfast and the Elite Cocktail Hour are held in different locations.

Thanks everyone! Exactly the information I was looking for. We're not big drinkers, so wondering if we would be allowed to have one glass of wine each and take it to the MDR with us. If not, we'll just have it in the lounge.

Thanks everyone! Exactly the information I was looking for. We're not big drinkers, so wondering if we would be allowed to have one glass of wine each and take it to the MDR with us. If not, we'll just have it in the lounge.

I have seen others carry out drinks from the Elite HH. But who's to say they didn't purchase the drink or get one using their BP at the bar in the Sky Lounge.

We are not drinkers so I take my coupons to the bar close to the elevators between 5 PM and 8 PM and give them to the bartender and he/she gives me my 3 waters and 3 Cokes and I take them back to my cabin and put them in the fridge for later use.

J.

P.S. I also just did this on Royal at Christmas where they loaded the info on my card

We've not sailed with Celebrity since receiving our Elite status. Since then I believe the daily complimentary drink coupons have been replaced with the Coffee House/Cocktail Lounge. I assume it's the same room that used for both. Do we receive a complimentary cocktail in the evening with canapes or is it a pay bar? Is the coffee house also complimentary espresso drinks, such as cappuccino? Appreciate any advice you may have regarding our Elite benefits.

You actually have it backwards, the Cocktail llounge has been in opation since they started the program. It has always been the default. The coupons were added a couple years ago when there are too many Elites on board, now they are loaded on your card when there too many elites.

If you have one of the various drink packages, the three drink coupon for Elites and above or the 5-7PM cocktails in the Sky Lounge lose some of their allure. That is unless you really enjoy the socialization aspect of the cocktail hour which many do really appreciate.

What has happened to Hubby and me is that we no longer attend the cocktail hour because the drink package really kind of over rides the benefit. The drink package allows you to drink where you want when you want. Of course you do pay for the drink package or get it as a perk for some bookings.

As I say though, many do still very much enjoy the social aspect of the free cocktails with other Captain's Club members.

You actually have it backwards, the Cocktail llounge has been in opation since they started the program. It has always been the default. The coupons were added a couple years ago when there are too many Elites on board, now they are loaded on your card when there too many elites.
Got it, thanks for the update. Last time on Celebrity Solstice, we had the drink package and we obtained our Elite status on that cruise, so nice to know that we can still enjoy a complimentary glass of wine before dinner.

I was on a trans-Atlantic last April (the Reflection), because of the large amount of Elites & Elite +s 3 drinks were loaded on the card. For this cruise you had the option of getting drinks at any bar except one bar, I think that was the World Class Bar. Included was getting wine by the glass in the MDR which we did for our last drink. We had really nice sommelier who would always top us off when going by. For first 2 drinks we always went to to Sky Lounge, it is a good relaxed area to meet folks.

Edited by Banjo

Not much in the way of snacks, lite bites , tidbits, etc. are offered at the evening Elite hour...unless it's a special event like Sr Ofcrs party. Not anything like the Diamond mini buffet at the party on Oasis!

Back in the "good old days " when the Elite late afternoon/evening get together was in Michaels Club great tidbits were served generously, often samples from Specialty dining rms....now that perk goes to Suite and Zenith guests...

but you can stil get drinks and some bar snacks

That hasn’t been our experience. This year on Silhouette and Equinox there were several passed trays of hors d’oeuvres both cold and hot. Salami wrapped around a cocktail onion, meatballs, salmon mousse on cucumbers, tomato and mozzarella skewers, samosas, egg rolls.... I agree it is not the Buffet spread Royal puts out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That hasn’t been our experience. This year on Silhouette and Equinox there were several passed trays of hors d’oeuvres both cold and hot. Salami wrapped around a cocktail onion, meatballs, salmon mousse on cucumbers, tomato and mozzarella skewers, samosas, egg rolls.... I agree it is not the Buffet spread Royal puts out.

Our experience as well on our last three cruises.

We agree that even with a beverage package, the Sky Lounge event is hard to beat for sailaway (well, almost as good as the Sunset Bar).

You were asking about the locations. The Sky Lounge is where the Elite happy hour normally occurs, even if you get coupons they can be used in Sky Lounge. Tuscan Grille is where the morning coffee break normally occurs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our experience as well on our last three cruises.

We agree that even with a beverage package, the Sky Lounge event is hard to beat for sailaway (well, almost as good as the Sunset Bar).

I like to watch the lines being cast off; hard to see from Sunset Bar. And the lure of air conditioning and nearby restrooms... But The Sunset Bar is my favorite spot otherwise!!

I like to watch the lines being cast off; hard to see from Sunset Bar. And the lure of air conditioning and nearby restrooms... But The Sunset Bar is my favorite spot otherwise!!

Very easy to watch the lines being cast off from the Sunset Bar. I do it all the time. There are both aft and bow lines.

Generally for the Elite Cocktail drinks to be offered at most bars there has to be at least 500 Elite and above Captains Club members aboard. This just about always occurs on transatlantics, but our recent experience is that it is rare on other cruises. However we were able to get our Elite cocktails as early as early as 4:30pm on our most recent transatlantic.