HAL bread is not very interesting

SeaBands

We had some excellent tasting tomato basil bread at dinner last night aboard Nieuw Amsterdam.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.[/quot

Tomato Basil Bread sounds delicious! I don't recall seeing that offered previously.

We had some excellent tasting tomato basil bread at dinner last night aboard Nieuw Amsterdam.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.[/quot

Tomato Basil Bread sounds delicious! I don't recall seeing that offered previously.

Been a while since we have seen this one, but it is excellent. Lots of basil. I do wish HAL would bake up more breads like that one!

For breakfast, I love the Raisin buns in the Dining Room and choose Raisin bread if eating in the Lido (less crust area). Both are fabulous.

OTOH, at dinner I will often ask for the plain white rolls or preferably french bread (less crust area) if available. It isn't that I don't like seeds and nuts, but between diverticulitis and dental plates and bridges, I consider them "inedible" as a former poster described them.

Another plus is the white bread goes better with fine red wine;p

I can't believe that there were 8 pages of comments about bread. Most I ever had to a comment I made. We recently sailed on Seabourn and Oceania and felt that they had a more interesting selection incl/ crispy slices of a real French style baguette.Princess seemed to have more variety. As a kid in NY my class visited the Wonder Bread factory and left with a mini loaf. When I found real crispy bread I never bought that again. I like bread sticks in the Italian restaurant and the flat bread in Pinnacle. Living in central Florida the best we can get is Panera.

I can't believe that there were 8 pages of comments about bread. Most I ever had to a comment I made. We recently sailed on Seabourn and Oceania and felt that they had a more interesting selection incl/ crispy slices of a real French style baguette.Princess seemed to have more variety. As a kid in NY my class visited the Wonder Bread factory and left with a mini loaf. When I found real crispy bread I never bought that again. I like bread sticks in the Italian restaurant and the flat bread in Pinnacle. Living in central Florida the best we can get is Panera.

Were you also surprised how positive the comments were about HAL bread choices? And how off the mark your first comments turned out to be. HAL breads are wonderful and not all bread has to be "crisp" crusted.

Were you also surprised how positive the comments were about HAL bread choices? And how off the mark your first comments turned out to be. HAL breads are wonderful and not all bread has to be "crisp" crusted.

Are you the resident bread authority? If someone likes a crisp crust, that's just their preference. To say that they're off the mark is just your opinion, of which you seem to have many.

Roz

Are you the resident bread authority? If someone likes a crisp crust, that's just their preference. To say that they're off the mark is just your opinion, of which you seem to have many.

Roz

Don't we all have ...... opinions here. Yours too are duly noted. Now explain why saying ...not all bread has to be crisp crusted" disses her preference for what appears to be only crisp crusted choices. That should add a few dozen more pages to this thread.

after a lot of serious reflection, i have put "bread rolls" on my list of priorities when considering future cruise choices ... It comes in as my 157th most important consideration ;p

lol :) :')

I can't believe that there were 8 pages of comments about bread.

Well, you started it. By implying that the bread on a HAL (or any cruiseline) for that matter is actually an important factor in the grand scheme of things, when determining which cruise to select.

Many folks took exception to that, and you are witnessing the results of your comment.:rolleyes:

Now explain why saying ...not all bread has to be crisp crusted" disses her preference for what appears to be only crisp crusted choices.

Ummmm, because it clearly does. End of discussion.:rolleyes:

Have you tried real New Zealand butter? :):D:)

I get New Zealand butter imported in Australian grocery stores. I really can't tell a difference between NZ butter and locally produced butter.

I've never had bad butter on any of my cruises. But all these food-related posts show is I am not nearly as picky about the food as others are. I'm old-school when it comes to food, preferring peasant dishes (soups, stews, casseroles, cuts of meat that require low, slow, long cooking, etc.) to the art project dishes the likes of MasterChef and Top Chef are making trendy. HALs food for the most part fits with my preferences.

No, and cannot say that I've ever seen it. Is there a brand here in the US I can look for?

My Australian groceries carry Westgold and Mainland Dairy as the main New Zealand diary imports. I'm sure there are other brands, but those are the most readily available I've seen.