Premier Drink Package

Jaylie

can someone explain what us included in this. Thanks!

THE PREMIER BEVERAGE PACKAGE

Terms & Conditions 2018

What is Included

• The package includes all beer, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $16.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The package includes all bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Gong Cha items, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one liter bottles of water, canned soda and bottled juices.
  • The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to each venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.
  • If dining at a specialty dining venue, a large bottle of water (one liter) of still or sparkling is covered by the package.

Package Details and Qualifications

• Age restrictions apply for purchases of the Premier Beverage Package.
  • The Premier Beverage Package is US $59.99 per day plus 15% service charge (totaling $68.99 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. For all Australian-based vessels, the package is AUD $86.99 per day which includes a service charge. You will be charged the full amount for the complete voyage at the time of purchase. The package is not available for pre-purchase for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The Premier Beverage Package must be purchased for every day a passenger is sailing. Partial / pro-rated packages or purchase for segments of a guest’s voyage are NOT accepted.
  • The package may be pre-purchased up to four days prior to boarding the vessel.
  • The package is offered onboard on embarkation day, and is NOT sold after embarkation day.
  • The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within three days of sailing.
  • The package is NOT available for voyages under seven nights for Australian-based itineraries, or voyages two nights or under for all other itineraries.
  • The package is NOT refundable or transferable once purchased onboard, and for advance purchased packages, NOT refundable or transferable within three days of sailing.

Exclusions and Limitations

• Does NOT apply to bottled spirits or bottled wine or any items offered in retail venues or shops onboard.
  • Can NOT be used for Room Service or Mini-Bar items. Additionally, the package cannot offset the cost of, or be a substitution for, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar. Please contact Group Onboard Services for additional details or clarification.
  • Souvenir Glassware is excluded but is available for the additional charge of the glass only.
  • Excludes beverages offered via self-service or vending machines.
  • Excludes and is not combinable with other Programs, Promotions, Onboard Specials, or Events such as Wine Tastings, Chef’s Table, Buckets of Beer, Buy One Get One type Offers, Specialty Dining cover charges, or food items for sale such as ice cream, etc.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented without notice.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice and for vessels designated in a foreign currency, packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.

Terms and Conditions

• Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices.
  • Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation nor do they count toward this maximum.
  • Only one beverage is allowed per passenger per order (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).
  • Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16 .00 AUD price are charged at full menu price.
  • Packages may NOT be shared, are NON-transferable and NON-refundable.
  • Shipboard management reserves the right to add additional restrictions and revoke or cancel the Premier Beverage Package at any point during a guest’s voyage for any reason with or without a prorated refund. Additional actions may be taken if guests:
    • Become intoxicated
    • Provide beverages to other guests or do NOT comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package
    • Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate, a safety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to other cruise guests or staff
    • Exceed, or attempt to circumvent, the daily limits and service limitations outlined

Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the terms and conditions of our beverage packages at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply.

If you are a wine drinker, you may be a little disappointed with the options available under the PBP. They are decent wines, don't get me wrong, just limited in selection and equivalent to wines you can buy at your grocery store for about $10 a bottle.

If you are a wine drinker, you may be a little disappointed with the options available under the PBP. They are decent wines, don't get me wrong, just limited in selection and equivalent to wines you can buy at your grocery store for about $10 a bottle.

We got most of our wine at Vines. The selection in MDR wasn't all that great although one night the "suggested" wine was one we often drank in Vines. Of course it tasted better in Vines. The glass really does make a difference.

Let us know where you can get a Silverado Cab for $10 a bottle. I thought they had a nice selection in the Vines.

Let us know where you can get a Silverado Cab for $10 a bottle. I thought they had a nice selection in the Vines.
The PBP only includes wine by the glass, not by the bottle. The wines by the glass on the MDR menu are the lower priced wines ($7-$8 a glass) and does not include the Silverado Cab ($12 a glass). The Silverado is just within the new PBP limit and you can bring a glass from Vines to the MDR to enjoy.

If you are are in CC dining they use the same Riedel glasses as in Vines [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

“Only one beverage is allowed per passenger per order”...Does that mean I can’t order a double Jack Daniels?

Many bartenders will pour you a double and then ring it up as 2 drinks with a 5 minute delay - but it will count as 2 drinks against your 15 for the day

“Only one beverage is allowed per passenger per order”...Does that mean I can’t order a double Jack Daniels?

By the second day of our last two cruises the bartenders were pouring me doubles. I often drink Scotch straight up. They said it was at their discretion whether or not they will pour doubles and they quickly determined that I wasn't "sharing" drinks. I often drink Talisker and my wife can't even stand the smell of the stuff and we also both had the beverage package from the Sip and Sail. I'm sure some bartenders won't pour doubles - especially if they suspect sharing - but, depending on who you are and on the bartender, doubles definitely can be had.

We got most of our wine at Vines. The selection in MDR wasn't all that great although one night the "suggested" wine was one we often drank in Vines. Of course it tasted better in Vines. The glass really does make a difference.

Do you mean wine isn't served in a glass in the main dining room?

If you don't have the PBP and are paying as you go, what size of a drink do you get when ordering wine? Is it 5 oz. 6oz, 8oz? If it's only 5 or 6 oz it might be worth it to get the PBP.

The PBP only includes wine by the glass, not by the bottle. The wines by the glass on the MDR menu are the lower priced wines ($7-$8 a glass) and does not include the Silverado Cab ($12 a glass). The Silverado is just within the new PBP limit and you can bring a glass from Vines to the MDR to enjoy.

If you are are in CC dining they use the same Riedel glasses as in Vines [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I know. I was responding to the comment that the Princess wines covered within the package could be purchased for $10 a bottle at home. The Silverado Cab cannot be purchased for anyway near $10 a bottle at any store.

Yes, it will be in a glass, but at Vines they may use a glass that is more traditionally appropriate for the type of wine you order.

Yes, it will be in a glass, but at Vines they may use a glass that is more traditionally appropriate for the type of wine you order.

If you compare the taste of wine in a MDR glass vs the same wine in a Vines glass you will (or at least should be able to) taste the difference. It may seem odd but the shape and structure of the glass does make a difference. We are not wine snobs or connoisseurs by any means (although we are beer snobs) but even a low class schlub like me can tell the difference.

The problem with that was Vines was hardly ever open during our sailing AND, they had an extremely limited selection of wines by the glass. We even checked the menu and over half of the wines that we wanted to try were 'out of stock'. It was the one and only time we've had the beverage package on Princess and we were very disappointed in their selections and availability.

Oh, and yes, I am a true believer on the glass making a big difference. At Vines, Club Class dining and the specialty restaurants, we had very nice (maybe even Riedel) wine glasses. What was odd was that we would get a glass a wine before dinner and be served our wine in a nice glass, when going to dinner, they had to pour it into a sturdy glass and then at dinner, they poured it from the sturdy glass into a nice wine glass again. It was a minor annoyance that they wouldn't just let us take the glass a few steps away into the dining room. They are protective of their glasses in Vines, that's for sure. I get it, sort of!!

If you don't have the PBP and are paying as you go, what size of a drink do you get when ordering wine? Is it 5 oz. 6oz, 8oz? If it's only 5 or 6 oz it might be worth it to get the PBP.

It is 6 oz at best ... closer to 5 oz., actually, certainly not 8 oz. They definitely get more than 4.5 glasses out of their 750 ml bottles from what I saw with their pours.