Decisions Decisions

We are traveling as a family of 4 with two kids 8 & 10 and have a crown loft suite booked on Anthem for January. As far as rates go I think we got a fairly good price for the star class suite.

I made the mistake of pricing other room options and found that after accounting for dining and drink plans I can save approximately $4000 by switching to two adjoining balcony cabins.

Having experienced Star class before I am having an internal conflict if it is really worth $4000 for the experience and nicer room.

Decisions Decisions....

dayum, $4K difference and you are hesitating?

I just booked the inside cabin for the 3 of us, because the $450/week difference between the balcony and the inside isn't worth it to me. I am the only one who uses the balcony on a cruise, and even then - only because Princess ships are boring and have nothing to do for a family with kids. I am planning to be super busy with all the fun activities on the Allure, and won't even have time to relax on the balcony.

$4K? Definitely save it. Heck, our family can do 2 7-night cruises for $4K.

I am in the "less expensive vacations=more frequent vacations" camp. My husband loves the crown loft suites and the suite lounge (we went in one on the Allure), but it was also $4k more than an OV balcony room on the Harmony. With all the dining options on Oasis class I do not think the $4k is anywhere near worth it for a slightly nicer room and the suite lounge. Once I told my husband we could go on 3 cruises for the price of one in a CLS he finally agreed to a balcony room.

It's a ridiculous question as we have no idea how much money your have/make. If you can afford the crown suite then probably $4000 is not that much to you. But only you can answer that question.

Sometimes I think these types of questions are really about showing off. Should I get the Lambo or settle for the BMW?

For me, $4000 is a week's take home pay, so it wouldn't be worth it. (there's an example of showing off!)

Are crown loft suites star class on quantum ships? The crown lofts are sky class on oasis ships.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is where this post confuses me. Star class on Anthem includes: grand loft, owner's loft, and royal loft. There is no CLS on Anthem. There is a Sky loft but it is not Star Class.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a grand loft that we are booked in. Star class.

It's not meant to be a post to show off. I think I was looking for someone to talk me into the suite. At the end of the day we decided to go with 2 balconies. While we can afford it there are too many other ways to allocate and I can't justify $4000 for star class benefits.

It's not meant to be a post to show off. I think I was looking for someone to talk me into the suite. At the end of the day we decided to go with 2 balconies. While we can afford it there are too many other ways to allocate and I can't justify $4000 for star class benefits.

Good for you. Ignore the judgmental people on CC. Show off all you want, wear big gold chains and stick the middle finger out the window of your Lambo.

Don't pay any attention to those that say you are showing off. They are just envious that you can make the choice. We have cruised everything from the Suite Life to the inside "Cheap" cabins and will probably never go back to the Star Class. I had an expectation that my extended family would be treated well enough to justify the cost. It just didn't happen and I had set myself up for disappointment. I am with most everyone else. Use the $4000 to book another cruise.

Personally... If I could afford that, without it affecting any of my savings, future cruises, retirement, debt, etc... I would spend it. I work in a job where all day long I see what happens when people forget, "there is no promise of tomorrow." All the time it's "I should have" done this or that.

You cannot take it with you, so if you have no need for it, enjoy it.

I work in a job where all day long I see what happens when people forget, "there is no promise of tomorrow." All the time it's "I should have" done this or that.

and I am facing a lot of people who have very unexpected medical expenses after taking trips...

There is usually tomorrow, but it's not always what you expect it to be.