Room service breakfast - does this happen to anyone else?

Croose

Requested time + or - 10/20 minutes is not the same. but our math is different I guess. You request 7 a.m. they arrive at 6:40 am that is still only 20 minutes. You request 6:30 and they arrive at 6:50 that is still only 20 minutes. But why quibble.

It's a quibble because that's not how room service works. You don't say "I want my breakfast at 7am" and accept a +/- 30 min window for it. You say "I would like my breakfast in the 7-7.30 window". If they deliver 20 mins before that window then they haven't met your request just the same as if they delivered 20 mins after. They have delivered your breakfast in an entirely different delivery window.

Ah....so I'm not the only one!

For several cruises, I'd been pleasantly surprised that my RS b'fast was delivered within the first 5 min. of the time slot I'd marked -- e.g., 8:30-9:00 & arriving at 8:35.

Great! I was up & in my robe.

Earlier this month, on the Sapphire in Norway, my b'fast always came 5-20 min. earlier than ordered! Even when I set my alarm for a few minutes earlier, it was the knock on the door that woke me! And a repeated call of "Room Service! Breakfast!" as I tried to grab my robe & stumble to the door.

I always told the server that they were too early, but got "we have many deliveries to make." Of course they do, but why then have a time slot offered.

Yes, I detailed this on my post-cruise survey. I really don't expect a change. I may go to calling the morning of -- after I awake.

Ah....so I'm not the only one!

For several cruises, I'd been pleasantly surprised that my RS b'fast was delivered within the first 5 min. of the time slot I'd marked -- e.g., 8:30-9:00 & arriving at 8:35.

Great! I was up & in my robe.

Earlier this month, on the Sapphire in Norway, my b'fast always came 5-20 min. earlier than ordered! Even when I set my alarm for a few minutes earlier, it was the knock on the door that woke me! And a repeated call of "Room Service! Breakfast!" as I tried to grab my robe & stumble to the door.

I always told the server that they were too early, but got "we have many deliveries to make." Of course they do, but why then have a time slot offered.

Yes, I detailed this on my post-cruise survey. I really don't expect a change. I may go to calling the morning of -- after I awake.

You get enough people answering in the buff and they might consider changing to delivery in the window.:)

On our last cruise we must have order room service for breakfast 15 times out of a 19 day cruise.

We would pick the 6:30 - 7:00 delivery time. We usually had the same guy (a real sweetheart).

We are early risers so if the food was delivered before 6:30 (and a few times it was) we were okay with that.

I think once the delivery was a few minutes late and he apologized.

I do not like being late and I do not like other's being late for an appointed time.

We would be up by 6:15 ready for the food. For me COFFEE first then the food.

If we had a late night then we would move it to 7:00 - 7:30 am. Funny how the room service delivery person was aware that we changed out delivery time and would ask if all was okay. Yep! Too much fun last night ;)

I am grateful for the room service. Can't wait to do it on the next cruise!

Whether it is a Carnival, Princess, or HAL cruise I am on, my Room Service Breakfast order almost always arrives just before my requested delivery time. And, if not then, well within the 30 minute time frame set on the order card.

Only once, on a Carnival cruise, did my breakfast not arrive. After waiting for too long of a time, I called Room Service and they had no record of my order. (I assumed someone had removed the order card from my door knob before it was picked up.)

We mostly use Breakfast service for a wake up call on a port day. We don't set an alarm until the end of the time slot in case they don't show, but have never had one missed. I, as someone else pointed out, dive under the covers and my DW, who sleeps in a nightie, answers the door. If it was served early, I never noticed. Almost like coffee in bed!:confused:

You get enough people answering in the buff and they might consider changing to delivery in the window.:)

Or they might start charging people with indecent exposure or with the wrong server sexual assault.

I don't order anything until I'm ready to eat or drink it. Sometimes we get room service within 15 minutes of ordering. We both make sure we're up and ready for room service. Don't forget to take the Do Not Disturb sign off your door!

Had room service breakfast for most of our recent 14 cruise. Always delivered within the window. One morning it was late, had to call the service desk only to find out we forgot to change our clocks. We were early, they were on time. I also found it easy to order breakfast on line rather than using the door hangers.

The breakfast windows are in half an hour slots EG. 7 to half 7, half 7 to 8.

Regardless which slot which chose, our breakfast was ALWAYS delivered 10 mins before the slot we selected, sometimes 15 mins.

Some of you might be saying great, but it meant us having to either select a later slot or set our alarm half an hour early, just so as we weren't woken up by the room service itself and us being totally unprepared for it.

I know this is a bit of a first-world problem! But was this normal? And if so, why?!

Yes, that is usually the case, so we plan accordingly when choosing the time.

I have my robe out and ready and my tip handy for when they show up early!

I answer the door in the buff, the next day they show-up at the scheduled time. ;p

LOL!

I might try that, but I doubt they would have the nerve to come back the next day!! Maybe 35 years ago, it would be ok...but not now!!

The breakfast windows are in half an hour slots EG. 7 to half 7, half 7 to 8.

Regardless which slot which chose, our breakfast was ALWAYS delivered 10 mins before the slot we selected, sometimes 15 mins.

Some of you might be saying great, but it meant us having to either select a later slot or set our alarm half an hour early, just so as we weren't woken up by the room service itself and us being totally unprepared for it.

I know this is a bit of a first-world problem! But was this normal? And if so, why?!

FYI...Here’s something I tried that worked. On the card I circled 7 am & the food arrived usually at 7 am. I also added things to the menu like Eggs Benedict & they arrived. I learned that you could add things not on the card & they arrived.

Tom😎

Whether it is a Carnival, Princess, or HAL cruise I am on, my Room Service Breakfast order almost always arrives just before my requested delivery time. And, if not then, well within the 30 minute time frame set on the order card.

Only once, on a Carnival cruise, did my breakfast not arrive. After waiting for too long of a time, I called Room Service and they had no record of my order. (I assumed someone had removed the order card from my door knob before it was picked up.)

That reminds me, on Sapphire end of May, doing Scandinavia, there were 600 kids on board, mostly Brits as it was half term holiday. Lots of running up and down the corridors, more than a few breakfast order cards went missing, including ours a couple of times on early shorex days.

I was not amused.:evilsmile:

Most of our orders have come early - none ever arrived AFTER the window. We figure that if we point that out, we will have the already so-so mcMuffins just be cold. Solution: a cabin near the rear elevator, travel mugs that hook on your belt - and a very attentive waiter (me) - ends with a nice, hot meal. A second upside down plate serves the second person - and tools either grabbed the evening before, or stowed in a pocket.

We've always done that.Never use room service just for morning cuppa.Always book high deck aft for HC.Even on our last 29 day cruise on the CORAL,DOH!,at least it kept me fit every morning,lol.

We have had the same experience. We just ask for the next later time slot, unless it interferes with planned activities (if it were to come "on time.")

FYI...Here’s something I tried that worked. On the card I circled 7 am & the food arrived usually at 7 am. I also added things to the menu like Eggs Benedict & they arrived. I learned that you could add things not on the card & they arrived.

Tom😎

My DD and I sailed on the Caribbean Princess in May...her first Princess cruise and she was all about room service for breakfast and loved sitting on the balcony with our coffee! She's vegetarian, so she ordered the breakfast sandwich without the bacon and on a bagel instead of the dry english muffin...it was really good! That's when I realized you could tweek the breakfast choices. Next cruise we're going to try to add the Eggs Benedict...DH's favorite!!