Upsell Alert

Hello everyone! Just wanted to shares my happiness. Yesterday I got a call from Royal offering an upgrade to a Criwn Loft Suite for $900 total !! We were originally in a Junior Suite and paid $2600 for it. I jumped in the offer as the original rate was $6400 for these rooms. It will be our first time in a full suite and for my 30th birthday!!!! Oh we’re sailing on Allure in September. So excited! I’ll do a quick search about those rooms but if you have any info can you share it!

Congrats ! We celebrated my husband 50th in a Crown Loft. We knew we would most probably not be able to do it again. We enjoyed the suite lounge when we embarked, for a quick latte in the morning, Coastal Kitchen most nights and the bar at the suite lounge before retiring to bed. Used our balcony all the time ...never had to search on deck for loungers...the balcony ones were the more comfy anyway. The service was top notch and we felt spoiled every day. One of the highlights was one of the concierge getting us a chance to do the bridge tour.

Loved the Crown Loft,

Hello everyone! Just wanted to shares my happiness. Yesterday I got a call from Royal offering an upgrade to a Criwn Loft Suite for $900 total ��!! We were originally in a Junior Suite and paid $2600 for it. I jumped in the offer as the original rate was $6400 for these rooms. It will be our first time in a full suite and for my 30th birthday!!!! Oh we’re sailing on Allure in September. So excited! I’ll do a quick search about those rooms but if you have any info can you share it!

Congratulations, When you say "We" is it you and one other? Everytime someone mentions the upsell pricing they have to decide if it is worth it to them. I fell in love with the Crown Lost suites on Allure back in 2013. We had a very active roll call and we organized a cabin crawl as we had someone in almost every class of cabin, so it was very enlightening. I would have jumped on this price for that room on Allure. I hope you have a great time.

I want to add thanks for sharing both your upsell cost and your original cabin cost. Most of the time someone will mention the oost of their upsell but without knowing the original cost it's hard to tell if it's a deal or not.

Once again Congrats!!!!

Congratulations on both. Emerald knocking on Diamond and neither the upgrade or upsell fairies has ever called. OH well. :)

We're Diamond and they have never contacted us either...:loudcry: We have some prime real estate on our upcoming Freedom cruise and I'm hoping we get an upsell call. My sister and I have side-by-side balconies, middle of the hump on 9. Wonder what the chances are??

Congrats I dream of being able to have a crown loft suite, my sailing in October has had the suites marked as sold out for a long time. Not sure if many will open up once final payment is due next month? Though we got what I think was a great price for the boardwalk balcony, I doubt the suites will ever be within a price range we could afford.

It’s myself and my boyfriend sailing on the cruise. We originally booked in March and were in 6248, a half on the hump Junior Suite. Two weeks after final payment I saw another JS on the hump open up and switched to 8640. Then a week later I got called for this upgrade. I’m really excited. The rep did make a mistake and said there was a bathtub in the room but there isn’t. I was a little upset, then I saw the huge shower and decided I can live without a tub for a week. After this cruise, I will be emerald and my boyfriend will be platinum. She did offer one of the rear facing CSL first, but I asked if an ocean view was available and she quickly said yes. So we are in 1706!

Question...has anyone every received an upsell call who was booked through a travel agent? Or do they typically just upsell those booked directly through RCCL? Just curious...

Upsells apply equally to direct and TA bookings, however it might be the TA that RC contacts.

CONGRATS!!

I'm tinkering with upgrading to GS for our 2nd honeymoon cruise in October. Kicking myself that I didn't just go for a Jr suite when I booked last month. I opted for a 4D balcony. I hoped a jr suite would open up after final pymt but it didn't.

ENJOY your CLS!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

You were lucky you answered that call...otherwise they would have moved on to the next on their list...Congrats and enjoy !

What did you're caller ID show on that call ?

Guest maddycat
I should do that for him since he paid for the cruise since it’s a birthday present! The number I got the call from was a 1-866 number. No ID on the phone. I wasn’t going to answer it but I’m sure glad I did.

That's some birthday gift. He's very generous.

Question...has anyone every received an upsell call who was booked through a travel agent? Or do they typically just upsell those booked directly through RCCL? Just curious...

I was booked with a TA and got an upsell call. The TA called and had Royal on hold.

This was on the Allure in 2013.

I originally booked a D8 balcony and paid $2300 total for 2. After final payment, I called the TA and upgraded to a suite guarantee at no extra cost. I was assigned a JS. A few weeks later I received the upsell offer to a CLS for $800. I didn’t take it. I was traveling with family (4 in a room) members. They also upgraded to the suite guarantee but did not get a room assigned until check-in, which was the CLS. Probably the same one I turned down.

The first time I saw a CLS was when I saw their room. I kicked myself for not taking it. Now i now only sail in a CLS.

Final payment is already due for cruises sailing oct 27 or before.

Congrats I dream of being able to have a crown loft suite, my sailing in October has had the suites marked as sold out for a long time. Not sure if many will open up once final payment is due next month? Though we got what I think was a great price for the boardwalk balcony, I doubt the suites will ever be within a price range we could afford.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk