Hotel in Miami for the day before Cruise

dapowel2

Marriott Biscayne Bay. There is a raised monorail (I think it is called the Metro Mover) on

the corner and you can ride it for free to many attractions including Bayside Marketplace.

yes I stayed there 2 weeks ago but next door at Doubletree Inn . I think stayed at Marriot a few years back and liked it better. So the Doubletree Inn had an issues with their shuttle van that charges $7 and so my taxi for 1 1/2 miles ended up being close to 15 dollars.

I like the Pullman near the airport and only the airport hotels have free shuttles from airport. Then if you get a hotel package, the shuttle is $7.

Not so many food options at Pullman so I did like staying in Biscayne area and doing the free metro movers.

But overall my taxi as well as super shuttle to hotel costs me over $30.

One can take a 20 minute walk to a few food places near Pullman but the Pullman does have a restaurant and nice pool.

In the past we have stayed at the Best Western Premier Miami Airport, nice hotel with airport shuttle and a $10 shuttle to the port but dining too expensive.

This time it will be Best Western Plus Miami Airport North that looks a little cheaper.

We are BW Diamond so we tend to use them.

However we have a night between two sets of cruises so rather than go out to the Airport area we intend to use

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell Downtown

which looks as if it will suit us fine; a good deal with Expedia.

Mike

Just returned from a cruise and stayed at Hampton Inn Brickell the night before. I highly recommend it. Nice rooms, small but adequate outdoor pool, very nice breakfast and just a few minutes walk to shopping and restaurants.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell in a couple of occassions now. Very nice hotel with free breakfast. Close to the free metromover. They also run a shuttle to the cruise port which was $8.00 per person when I was there last November

We have stayed several times at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon prior to cruise. Free shuttle from the airport. Has a nice little pool and is across the street from a Publix grocery store, Cuban restaurant and a Burger King. CVS pharmacy one block away. You can sign up for a shuttle to the port at $10 per person. Also has a nice free breakfast.

We have stayed several times at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon prior to cruise. Free shuttle from the airport. Has a nice little pool and is across the street from a Publix grocery store, Cuban restaurant and a Burger King. CVS pharmacy one block away. You can sign up for a shuttle to the port at $10 per person. Also has a nice free breakfast.

Me too! I have stayed there a few times!! Love the convenience!

Holiday Inn and Intercontinental are across the street from each other. One is basic..the other is pricier....both have a view of the port. We do the Intercontinental...but either works! Both are "Holiday" properties, so if you're a member of the club...you get points at either!

The Holiday Inn Port of Miami or the Intercontinental near the port.

That is where I would probably stay if I wanted to be near the pier. The rooms are so/so, and the service also so/so, but it is fun to walk across the street to the dining and shopping center, if you have a room on the port side, you can watch the ships come and go and the price is right.

Our favorite place, but nowhere near the port is the Miami airport Hilton. the Conrad is another great one and Hampton Inns, especially the one at Blue Lagoon (next door almost to the Miami Airport Hilton, is a good bet. Again, not near the port but nice views and a slightly better price.

For us it is always the Intercontinental......close to Bayside Marketplace and good food too. Also just a 5-7 minute taxi ride to the port!

Typical cost of a taxi? Have always driven to the port...going to fly this time...