Lawn Club Grill on Reflection

lovescarborough

We will be on Reflection for the first time early next year and I'm planning our visits to the Speciality Restaurants. We have been on many Celebrity cruises but somehow missed Reflection and Silhouette out so we have no idea what Lawn Club Grill is like. I've read some Celebrity blurb about being your own chef but my husband hates to cook on a BBQ ( I know he's probably in a minority but he does ! )and I don't go on holiday to cook either. Can someone please tell me what the menu is like and if someone else will cook it for me ! Thanks for your help.

Helping out with the cooking is optional. My friend's husband did it and had a blast while we sat back and enjoyed the show! He was only one of three passengers that I saw helping during the time we were there.

There is a pretty big menu to choose from...different courses...just be sure to leave room for the warm chocolate chip cookie desert...topped with ice cream. That was fabulous!

We will be on Reflection for the first time early next year and I'm planning our visits to the Speciality Restaurants. We have been on many Celebrity cruises but somehow missed Reflection and Silhouette out so we have no idea what Lawn Club Grill is like. I've read some Celebrity blurb about being your own chef but my husband hates to cook on a BBQ ( I know he's probably in a minority but he does ! )and I don't go on holiday to cook either. Can someone please tell me what the menu is like and if someone else will cook it for me ! Thanks for your help.

We dined 3 times at the Lawn Club and never cooked so put that worry behind you. There is a salad bar you help yourself to and then you order a flatbread to share...

After that you order your meat to be cooked. We enjoyed the kebabs more than the steaks but really enjoyed every visit..

Have a great cruise!

You will be eating outside and it can get pretty windy there. And warm if in the sun. As mentioned, you have a make your own salad bar, can order a flatbread pizza, and get grilled items such as fish, scallops, steaks, chicken, lamb, etc. Side items are available as well. Dessert is offered at the end. Depending on the ship, you can help out cooking. It is not an elegant venue but a fun place to dine.

There is an abbreviated menu when open for lunch.

Going against the tide here. We thought it was ok. Maybe the food was not that special for us and we have plenty of opportunities to eat outdoors in Italy and France. Preferred by far Murano. Wanted to love it but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We loved it but the MORE the merrier. It was a superb experience with a big group. A ton of fun. If you aren't traveling with anyone, get a group together on your roll call. We have big one (more than 20) on our Iceland cruise next June.

And save room for that cookie.

Jim

Lawn Club Grille is one of our two favorite restaurants on Celebrity... and no, I don´t do the cooking either. It is not a must.

I love to sit ouside and the Filet Mignon are the best.

Look for a special event called the Ultimate BBQ - fabulous:

089-P1010423.jpg

102-P1010442.jpg

Lawn Club Grille is one of our two favorite restaurants on Celebrity... and no, I don´t do the cooking either. It is not a must.

I love to sit ouside and the Filet Mignon are the best.

Look for a special event called the Ultimate BBQ - fabulous:

089-P1010423.jpg

102-P1010442.jpg

Those lobsters cannot possibly be that large.!! Also can you order both meat and/or fish?

We did the tower last year and it was nice.

Those lobsters cannot possibly be that large.!! Also can you order both meat and/or fish?

You can order as much as you want...

This wasn’t on the regular menu. It was the Ultimate BBQ event.

pricepoint of ultimate BBQ? discounts available? offered several times during cruise/

I think the weak point of the regular menu is the salad bar - it is only OK and I'd rather have some appetizer options if I am paying a premium for the meal. The flatbreads are good - so maybe they are the appetizer. The meats are very good - esp.lamb chops, and the servers usually brought us all the sides to share (table of 6). We enjoyed the experience on a pleasant evening in the Med.

pricepoint of ultimate BBQ? discounts available? offered several times during cruise/

I think the weak point of the regular menu is the salad bar - it is only OK and I'd rather have some appetizer options if I am paying a premium for the meal. The flatbreads are good - so maybe they are the appetizer. The meats are very good - esp.lamb chops, and the servers usually brought us all the sides to share (table of 6). We enjoyed the experience on a pleasant evening in the Med.

It was 89$ including cocktail party and wine etc.

No discounts, offered one time a cruise. The waiter noticed I don’t drink and reduced the price without me saying anything - nice service.

Could this be an actual cold water lobster from the northeast US? The usual are those Caribbean lobsters - no comparison.

Our favorite specialty restaurant. Salad bar, pizza, grilled meats, and don't forget the chocolate chip cookie (I know it sounds plain but it is really not a cookie, its fantastic). You can order all you want. I suggest surf and turf. I know someone above said that it can be windy but we have never found that to be the case as they have roll down windows for that. Also they will hand out blankets if it is chilly.

Could this be an actual cold water lobster from the northeast US? The usual are those Caribbean lobsters - no comparison.

Cold water lobster? Dream on. The lobsters served are the warm water lobsters and often the menu will indicate that.

Cold water lobster? Dream on. The lobsters served are the warm water lobsters and often the menu will indicate that.

In early June on Reflection the speciality restaurants were serving cold water lobster. The menu did indicate the opposite but the waiter confirmed.

In early June on Reflection the speciality restaurants were serving cold water lobster. The menu did indicate the opposite but the waiter confirmed.

Once I had a cold water lobster tail in Murano- but that was an exception.