Do live reviews, or even fun reviews, exist on NCL?

CruisingNole

I've been wanting to give NCL another shot, but this forum is filled with misery. Mostly complaints about beverage packages. Is there not anything fun or impressive about NCL for cruisers to share? On CCL and RCCL forums there are daily live reviews filled with pictures and day-by-day summaries. Why does that not exist on the NCL forums? Is it because NCL internet is the equivalent of AOL dial-up from the '90s? Or is it because there's simply nothing impressive to write home about?

I thoroughly enjoyed every cruise I have had on NCL ships (Platinum Plus - over a dozen cruises). I think people often don't talk about things unless there is a problem or complaint and overall, I don't really have any SIGNIFICANT complaints. Perhaps there are fewer "onboard" reviews because people are so busy having fun they are not spending time in their rooms typing. I know on the maiden transocean trip of the Bliss some people posted non-stop on cruise critic. We knew almost everything about the ship before we even boarded there was so much discussed and photographed. A cruise, like every other part of life, is what you make it. If you want to have a great time, you will ... Enjoy!!

I don't do any live reviews but I do have several vlogs about my cruises on the Norwegian Jewel (and Princess and Royal Caribbean) on my YouTube. I like to think I cover a wide variety of activities onboard and try to keep my complaints to a minimum. If you want to watch the latest, I'm working on a vlog from our Hawaii cruise right now:

Apologies if this isn't what you're looking for. I just prefer to put things on YouTube since CC threads fade off after a day or two.

As far as the internet is concerned, I had a hard time with it. Could not access a lot of sites from my phone but my iPad worked for social media on NCL

There are quite a few live reviews on this forum. DougOut has just finished another one, and there have been a few others as well lately.

Personally, I have done a few over the years. I’m less inclined to these days, and am probably not going to bother with out POA trip next week because they do have a tendency to get lost amongst all the moaning threads.

I totally disagree that any relative lack of live reviews is because there is nothing good to write about. The biggest problem is that many people who enjoy NCL don’t use this board any more. I know many satisfied NCL cruisers and I am about the only one who still posts here. This board has largely become a place for people who no longer cruise NCL to repeatedly tell everyone about it. That isn’t the target audience for my thoughts on the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been wanting to give NCL another shot, but this forum is filled with misery. Mostly complaints about beverage packages. Is there not anything fun or impressive about NCL for cruisers to share? On CCL and RCCL forums there are daily live reviews filled with pictures and day-by-day summaries. Why does that not exist on the NCL forums? Is it because NCL internet is the equivalent of AOL dial-up from the '90s? Or is it because there's simply nothing impressive to write home about?

Using the "Search Boards" tab (above), and filtering by "LIVE", THREADS, and NCL filters, I found this:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=135665146

Oakman58 has hysterical post-reviews! TheDougOut posts wonderful live reviews!

And each of the others deserve a reading (especially if based on someone's interest in that ship, itinerary, etc.)

Picture those persons who spend more time in line at the service desk than they do on-shore, the ones having hissy fits in check-in lines, the ones who complain about everything and everybody while they're having a per-dinner cocktail, and the ones who scowl at others who are having a good time. They're on every cruise ship and they're on Cruise Critic. I ignore them on-board and ignore them here. The opinions of negative Nelly's here don't matter to me at all because we've enjoyed every one of our many NCL cruises, several of which I've been surprised to see get a negative review here.

This is a very odd thread. The OP is posting on the "Nervous Bliss review" thread being negative saying NCL is not classy and like Carnival. Then the OP develops this thread to accuse people on the NCL board of being negative :o:confused::rolleyes: ?????????????

Originally posted by CruisingNole

It's NCL. Of course it's not classy. It's like Carnival.

IMHO the NCL board is extremely positive. Small number of complaints. There are numerous threads about the beverage program but that is fair game. Lots of questions since NCL has changed it so many times over the last few years. People are trying to get information and sure there are legitimate complaints thrown in as well as compliments.

If someone posts a live review they are always extremely positive. If someone posts a long and photo intensive review, those are always positive too.

I guess maybe I see things differently. If anything, there are numerous NCL cheerleaders who definitely dominate the board:*

Lots of people have lots of fun and don't want to give up their time to do live reviews. Maybe the clientele on other lines aren't having as much fun and need to do live reviews to fill their time.

There are a fair few folk who love a moan though. I tend to ignore the ones who over dramatise their bad experience any offer nothing positive. A balanced opinion is of much more value.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is a very odd thread. The OP is posting on the "Nervous Bliss review" thread being negative saying NCL is not classy and like Carnival. Then the OP develops this thread to accuse people on the NCL board of being negative :o:confused::rolleyes: ?????????????

IMHO the NCL board is extremely positive. Small number of complaints. There are numerous threads about the beverage program but that is fair game. Lots of questions since NCL has changed it so many times over the last few years. People are trying to get information and sure there are legitimate complaints thrown in as well as compliments.

If someone posts a live review they are always extremely positive. If someone posts a long and photo intensive review, those are always positive too.

I guess maybe I see things differently. If anything, there are numerous NCL cheerleaders who definitely dominate the board:*

Thanks for this. There aren’t many, but every thread for every cruise line seems to have a few who, no matter what, are totally negative. Why cruise on whichever line you don’t like?

CC has a wealth of good information for people who seek it out.

I’ve seen several of the OP’s posts here in NCL. Not sure why, but few, if any, are of any use.

I don’t get it!!!!!!!

I think it's funny when someone poses a question in a post and then doesn't comment again. I have to agree with others comments that maybe we are having too much fun to be giving a live review. I've enjoyed EVERY cruise that I've been on and counting down the days to my next cruise 12/8/18.

I just scrolled the entire first page of threads, and there isn't a single thread about beverage packages. Sure, there are some here and there, but fair enough...people have questions. So I don't know where "mostly complaints about beverage packages" comes from. Most are questions people have to help them on their upcoming trips and make decisions, which is what I think this site is about. The majority of responses are pleasant and helpful. I've gotten a lot of help from this site when I've had questions here and there.

There are also plenty of reviews, so...not sure where the OP is looking. I definitely appreciate the live reviews, but often don't have time to read them in full and feel they are too detailed. But regardless, they are helpful and plentiful on here. Also, I'm sure many people don't want to spend their vacation time sitting with their face in their electronics giving play-by-plays of their entire trip. I agree...some of the ships have so much going on, maybe people are too busy on NCL to post live reviews ;p

I feel like the OP just posted this to stir up drama, given the prior, non-helpful comment of "of course it's not classy." I feel so many on this site, in all forums, post solely for this reason. It's sad, but I, like so many others, still come back since overall I feel CC is very helpful and informative.

Also never had a bad cruise, so...happy cruising ~*:cool:*~

I just scrolled the entire first page of threads, and there isn't a single thread about beverage packages. Sure, there are some here and there, but fair enough...people have questions. So I don't know where "mostly complaints about beverage packages" comes from. Most are questions people have to help them on their upcoming trips and make decisions, which is what I think this site is about. The majority of responses are pleasant and helpful. I've gotten a lot of help from this site when I've had questions here and there.

There are also plenty of reviews, so...not sure where the OP is looking. I definitely appreciate the live reviews, but often don't have time to read them in full and feel they are too detailed. But regardless, they are helpful and plentiful on here. Also, I'm sure many people don't want to spend their vacation time sitting with their face in their electronics giving play-by-plays of their entire trip. I agree...some of the ships have so much going on, maybe people are too busy on NCL to post live reviews ;p

I feel like the OP just posted this to stir up drama, given the prior, non-helpful comment of "of course it's not classy." I feel so many on this site, in all forums, post solely for this reason. It's sad, but I, like so many others, still come back since overall I feel CC is very helpful and informative.

Also never had a bad cruise, so...happy cruising ~*:cool:*~

Well said.

Look at the signatures of the people who post here. Many of them list the trips they've been on, and most of those (on this board at least) list multiple NCL cruises.

There are six big cruise lines that serve the United States: Carnival, Celebrity, Holland America, NCL, Princess, and Royal Caribbean. All of them basically go to the same ports. If NCL was objectively bad, everyone would go to its competitors. The fact they stay with Norwegian means they're enjoying their NCL cruises.

right now, there is a lot of talk about the UDP and yes, there are negatives, but there are positives as well and yes, quite often you will see day to day reviews with pics etc. I think you are looking for the negative too closely. There is not a topic on here that hasn't had positives as well as negatives.

I know we have always stresses the positive and we see a lot of positives about NCL. I am leary of anyone cruise line line with nothing but positives postings

I have noticed when you do post here, it is always in regards to a negative and usually you too add a negative to the comments. The only really positive thing you have ever stressed was the use of a TA and then, not in regards to NCL necessarily. Hope you do give NCL another try with an open mind.

Edited by newmexicoNita

op just sailed NCL a few months ago and didn't have too much positive to say at that time about her booze cruise. I am not sure what her reason for this post is, but hopefully she really does want to see more positives.

It's because people on NCL are having too much fun to take the time to post "live" threads.