Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Happy New Year's Eve Coolers!

May all failures, sorrow, and troubles stay behind in the passing year. And may they leave a lot of room in your life for laughter and happiness. 

With the new year on the horizon, I wish that you embrace it with an open heart and go forward with faith, hope, and courage.

“Congratulations! Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places! You’re off and away! You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss

champagne-glasses-elena-elisseeva.thumb.jpg.d1a88bd27ab2a296c35f89bf9377bbb8.jpg

Have a great safe day all!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Happy New Year to Coolers near and far!

No big plans this year because of Covid, of course. And I'm on call for the Holiday weekend. Guess if I have to be on call for New Year's it may as well be this year...

Hoping that 2021 brings much happiness and good health to all. And at least a few stamps in the passport for good measure!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Happy New Year to Coolers near and far!

No big plans this year because of Covid, of course. And I'm on call for the Holiday weekend. Guess if I have to be on call for New Year's it may as well be this year...

Hoping that 2021 brings much happiness and good health to all. And at least a few stamps in the passport for good measure!

Jpalbny.. I'm sorry to hear that you are having to work but sending my best wishes 💓

I'm so sorry that my husband and I have not been able to cruise this year as having myeloma each year without treatment is a bonus and it's a year ( probably for many) wasted!!! But that said I'm still here & no money issues which unfortunately can not be said for so many ( staff on all cruise lines...) I was  made welcome on this site only this year I think!!! I'm not so interesting as many of you on this site but enjoy reading all the posts 🙂 so once again happy New year to all on the cooler 🍾😷 .xxx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

Jpalbny.. I'm sorry to hear that you are having to work but sending my best wishes 💓

I'm so sorry that my husband and I have not been able to cruise this year as having myeloma each year without treatment is a bonus and it's a year ( probably for many) wasted!!! But that said I'm still here & no money issues which unfortunately can not be said for so many ( staff on all cruise lines...) I was  made welcome on this site only this year I think!!! I'm not so interesting as many of you on this site but enjoy reading all the posts 🙂 so once again happy New year to all on the cooler 🍾😷 .xxx

Lv...there is not index of "interesting" here!   Everyone is welcome to come and play!  We are a congenial crowd that does not take itself too seriously!  The door is always open!  Feel free to come and play!  Happy New Year!

• Like 2

Happy New Year to everyone.
 I’ve enjoyed all the jokes, photos and words from the coolers and hope that we will begin reporting the planning for our travels soon. 

We didn’t see in the new year with partying, but had a quiet celebration.  We enjoyed a seafood feast of oysters, prawns and a crayfish ( lobster).   Have enough left to make a seafood omelette. 
We drank an Australian Riesling. image.thumb.jpeg.02a4c0b00f85b8f1db9ba88033dcac8f.jpeg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, mysty said:

Lv...there is not index of "interesting" here!   Everyone is welcome to come and play!  We are a congenial crowd that does not take itself too seriously!  The door is always open!  Feel free to come and play!  Happy New Year!

Oh dear mysty thank you for your lovely reply.. I remember asking you about the distance from you " my husband's family in Saskatchewan!!! One day we will get to Canada .. health permitting 😷 happy New year from UK🙏🍾

• Like 1

My turn----Wishing all of you a MUCH better 2021 and thanks for being

here. I have had my share of issues this year for sure and thankfully have come

through them ok.  I appreciate all of you😀 and I know we are all glad to see the

end of 2020!!!!!!  Happy New Year everyone.🙂

image.jpeg.02b9fbc37b5052cef7c21d0d7ba560d4.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jillyf said:

We enjoyed a seafood feast of oysters, prawns and a crayfish ( lobster).

Jilly, the food and the appropriate platter look lovely.

We are preparing to have dinner at home now; dijon tarragon crusted rack of lamb, with mashed potatoes and turnips, and French green beans, and a nice red wine.

In the past, we have made elaborate New Year's Eve dinners for up to 16 friends, with wine pairings and printed menus.  Attached are two of the menus.  We have not done this for some years but, after this past year, it would be worth the effort to have a party with friends again!

We wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Scan 2020-12-30 17.51.40.pdf

Scan 2020-12-30 18.50.43.pdf

Edited by FlyingScotSailors
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

In the past, we have made elaborate New Year's Eve dinners for up to 16 friends, with wine pairings and printed menus.  Attached are two of the menus.  We have not done this for some years but, after this past year, it would be worth the effort to have a party with friends again!

Some impressive menu! We would sign up...

King crab for dinner. These legs are insanely big! Have to fold them up to fit them in the pot.

20201231_200808.thumb.jpg.f2631f519aeeeca58caf941a5c037473.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bye bye 2020 hello 2021 let's hope that we can start to move forward from these last 9 months and get back to a semblance of normality.

I’m not a big contributor to the cooler but I am a regular spectator. Following your banter and jokes, helps to keep me grounded at times so thank you all for your info, wit, wisdom, recipees and opinions.

Like many Our NYE was low key, a simple menu of fois gras with a Gewürztraminer, magret de canard with a raspberry sauce baked rice with parmesan and cream, yellow beans with a Gamaret/Garanoir blend followed by îles flottantes and a very nice Swiss brut sparkling wine*. 

*There is a village in Switzerland called Champagne where wine has been made for 100’s of years but due to European trade laws the Champagne region of France is a protected trademark so since 2004 the wine produced in champagne (Switzerland) can no longer be associated with that name.

I think there is a similar story with Halloumi cheese being a protected trademark of Cyprus? 

• Like 3