Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

15 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

Just got back from 2 weeks in the Galápagos and have discovered the joys of Ecuadorean chocolate and coffee.  So glad I was able to bring some home.

My thoughts are with all those who mourn the Queen.

Has anyone heard from Cruising Pashmina who lives in Sanibel?

I just heard from her daughter who said her house is uninhabitable and she is staying with a friend but she's OK.  I've tried to contact her directly but of course no luck.  Will keep you informed Victoria if I hear more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 9/30/2022 at 8:49 PM, Stumblefoot said:

Very cool!  What did you think of the new Silver Origin?

The ship is magnificent.  We used our two free weeks and then upgraded to the Royal Suite.  What an incredible treat.  By far the nicest suite we have ever had.  Great floor plan and the wrap around veranda was party central.  The crew is very good.  Although the menu was limited, we enjoyed the food very much.  We really enjoyed Pablo at the piano.  Of course the itinerary is great.  Be aware, donations to the crew welfare fund must be done in cash and there is no acknowledgement of the donation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

The ship is magnificent.  We used our two free weeks and then upgraded to the Royal Suite.  What an incredible treat.  By far the nicest suite we have ever had.  Great floor plan and the wrap around veranda was party central.  The crew is very good.  Although the menu was limited, we enjoyed the food very much.  We really enjoyed Pablo at the piano.  Of course the itinerary is great.  Be aware, donations to the crew welfare fund must be done in cash and there is no acknowledgement of the donation.

We certainly got acknowledgement of our donation to the crew fund 7 weeks ago on the Dawn signed by the Captain and Human Resources Manager. as well as verbal recognition from several crew.

On the other hand Silversea know me too well. signed up for an excursion in the Middle East to go dune bashing. It was listed as suitable for those UP to the age of 4. Fits my mental age perfectly.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

In contributing to the crew fund, is an additional individual tip also done?

I think it is a personal choice.   On our long cruises we do if service warranted.   Not a given!

• Like 3

Bless you, Mysty.  Will do, but I am aware that I tend to 'witter', or 'go on', as my mother used to say, so will post if I think it might be of interest to others.  Nothing worse than a bore.  

As you can see, I am still popping in here and elsewhere for a read and look at all the funnies.

Lola

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Bless you, Mysty.  Will do, but I am aware that I tend to 'witter', or 'go on', as my mother used to say, so will post if I think it might be of interest to others.  Nothing worse than a bore.  

As you can see, I am still popping in here and elsewhere for a read and look at all the funnies.

Lola

Lola, there is no such thing as "wittering" in the Cooler Bar.   One person's idea of a "witter" is another person's idea of joyful social interaction.   That's why the original bylaws for the Cooler did not include any mention on a maximum word count in any dialogue.  Please feel free to witter to your heart's content! 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Lola

It hasn’t seems to have held back some others 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

OK, here goes.  I love a simple recipe, being naturally lazy.  My latest love is (you probably all have done it anyway), to heat the firm type of goat's cheese in the oven, cut the top and spread with something like red onion marmalade, and have it as a starter or lunch dish, with some crusty bread.  The important thing is that it does not melt, just gets softer.  Tried it in our local very good pub a while ago, which prices it, including a nice chopped salad, at £6.50 as a starter.    Living in the sticks has some advantages, even Giles Coren is finding good places to eat which are cheap in the provinces.

I do love more elaborate meals as well of course - but unlike many of you, do not cook them myself.

Lola

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, lincslady said:

OK, here goes.  I love a simple recipe, being naturally lazy.  My latest love is (you probably all have done it anyway), to heat the firm type of goat's cheese in the oven, cut the top and spread with something like red onion marmalade, and have it as a starter or lunch dish, with some crusty bread.  The important thing is that it does not melt, just gets softer.  Tried it in our local very good pub a while ago, which prices it, including a nice chopped salad, at £6.50 as a starter.    Living in the sticks has some advantages, even Giles Coren is finding good places to eat which are cheap in the provinces.

I do love more elaborate meals as well of course - but unlike many of you, do not cook them myself.

Lola

I'm going to pass this idea on to Myster!  😁  I don't cook any of the meals myself now Lola!  🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Lola

I love to cook; however, as I am mostly cooking for just myself now, I find I like simple things that can go in the oven or simmer on the stove.  Your goat cheese recipe will be an addition to my charcuterie board dinner for sure!

• Like 2

I hope you like it - I am cooking just for one, and there is a bit less incentive to do a meal with lots of ingredients.  Still try to find things which taste good and are (reasonably) nourishing and healthy.  The odd glass of wine helps it all down, of course.

Lola

• Like 2
  • Haha 3