Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Before things get extremely busy in the run-up to the holiday season I would like to send my best wishes for a glorious celebration of joy and good will.  I wish the Cooler Denizens, the Cooler Peepers and the Cooler Riff Raff a bright and sparkling New Year! 🥰

DSC00005rEV.jpg.a4d4b4c0403cfb3d6f95f7875ece1277.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

oops - pressed the wrong button.  (Just had two glasses of rioja),  To continue.... as  soon as possible, and in the meantime spending Christmas with my daughter and her husband and my grandson, which means good food and drink, and lovely company.

I hope everyone here will have a good Christmas and New Year, and indeed that we will all have a better New Year.

Lola

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

While usually not an issue, tonight my beautiful wife wanted white, and I was determined to try a French red I'd picked up.  An easy solution occurred to me - here's your bottle and here's mine - cheers!

We also wish the best to all for the holiday season, whether home alone, or with that special someone, or with extended family, or on board, on the road, or flying off to the UK.... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 12/18/2022 at 4:21 PM, Daveywavey70 said:

Thanks for that Terry, I'll be at the new Raffles Palm Dubai and the restaurant choice isn't anything particularly inspiring or edgy tbh for such a beautiful hotel. An MDR that serves sliders and burgers isn't really the experience I'm looking for and why would I go to the Emirates to eat Japanese food?

Hi Davey!!  That Raffles Palm Dubai resort looks spectacular and I am surprised they do not have some better, more unique dining options at this location. Below is a picture of this hotel that I captured when there in late 2018.  Very dramatic design and style.  Impressive!!  

From that NY Times profile, there are clearly many, many other dining options to consider, including in and around this massive Palm development.  It's just a matter of the logistics and timing as to what is handy and reasonably easy to reach.  Dubai is big and sprawling.  Not everything is close, quick and easy to reach.  Keep us posted as to what works out and how things are these days in Dubai. 

YES!!  Happy holidays to all.  For those in and around the Midwest, a big, KILLER BLIZZARD storm is coming in the next few days.  Lots of snow, high winds hitting Missouri, Illinois, parts of Indiana, Ohio, etc.   

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

image.thumb.jpeg.1cf85f08297ee74be7fb41b73e8f48c5.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

Hi Davey!!  That Raffles Palm Dubai resort looks spectacular and I am surprised they do not have some better, more unique dining options at this location. Below is a picture of this hotel that I captured when there in late 2018.  Very dramatic design and style.  Impressive!!  

From that NY Times profile, there are clearly many, many other dining options to consider, including in and around this massive Palm development.  It's just a matter of the logistics and timing as to what is handy and reasonably easy to reach.  Dubai is big and sprawling.  Not everything is close, quick and easy to reach.  Keep us posted as to what works out and how things are these days in Dubai. 

YES!!  Happy holidays to all.  For those in and around the Midwest, a big, KILLER BLIZZARD storm is coming in the next few days.  Lots of snow, high winds hitting Missouri, Illinois, parts of Indiana, Ohio, etc.   

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

image.thumb.jpeg.1cf85f08297ee74be7fb41b73e8f48c5.jpeg

Yes that's the one Terry. I Assume this photo was taken before it opened? It looks beautiful inside. I'm leaning towards Ossiano at the Atlantis for Dinner, Chef Gregoire seems to produce some amazing dishes. Seems to be my best option without having to stray too far from the hotel. Anyone been there? The tasting menu looks incredible but I'm not sure about the Jellyfish! Still nothing ventured.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cototraveler said:

Can someone say if a tux or suit is required for me on formal nights on SS?  Is a sport coat and slacks enough or will that be frowned upon?

Thanks, Don

It appears a sport coat will do with any kind of tie.

• Haha 1

Whisper update:

Covid down to 2%. No more crew masks. 
Wrist braces, skinned knees, elbows and shin abrasions appearing.

Out of red peppers. No Leffe Blond since Valparaiso.

David left on the 16th. 107 (rest home bodies) staying on, ship will be almost full to Auckland. Even fuller after.

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Tell us more of what you mean by the above sentence.

Just people slipping or loosing there grip.

There is a large older group aboard.

People were advised to use the hand rails often.

Plus some of the tours were on dicey surfaces.

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

London weather looks nicer than what's predicted for home. T-30 hours and counting! 

We're getting heavy rain right now, south of you – but the weather map shows that you're going to get snow soon.  I hope you get out ok!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1