Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

No mistake here, Spins. That's what we had for dinner yesterday:

The one with prosciutto, arugula and fontina cheese went with a sparkling rosé:

20200419_150648.thumb.jpg.8cd710cb9251d9d48f450317b4f59f40.jpg

This one had peppers, mushrooms, a touch of hot sausage, and fresh mozzarella. It went with a Nero d'Avola.

20200419_152056.thumb.jpg.34a4f7173db21c6df01b501f0f693f43.jpg

No leftovers. And both wine bottles ran dry too. Is there an equivalent term for "accidentally" finishing both bottles? 😊

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

As I have come to  learn that DH and I are in the expendable group,  we are enjoying some great dinners.

But regrettably, I seem to have lost my sense of smell and taste.

JP your food looks stunning.

Edited by spinnaker2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spinnaker2 said:

As I have come to  learn that DH and I are in the expendable group,  we are enjoying some great dinners.

But regrettably, I seem to have lost my sense of smell and taste.

JP ypur food looks stunning.

Hi Spins, have you gotten sick? Those are 2 things I keep hearing about.  Wishing you all the best.

38 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Spins, have you gotten sick? Those are 2 things I keep hearing about.  Wishing you all the best.

Great looking food from J.P.  Hope all is well and healthy for Spins and DH.  For Lois, been seeing on TV about the beaches near Jacksonville opening up.  From the video views, it seems that most people are keeping reasonable distances and not being grouped too closely together.  Right?

Nice and sunny, high of 61F today in Central Ohio.  Enjoyable.  Saw a great-looking red fox right above our patio and waterfall this afternoon.  But, sorry, I was on the phone and could not grab my camera quick enough to capture a picture.  Maybe the next time?  Cute fox!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 87,050 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

12 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Lois

DH had to have surgery last Tuesday.

He's fine now. 

I did not go into hospital.

I am ok other than the wonky loss of taste and smell. 

Thanks for asking.

So sorry to hear that the Spins have had some difficulties.  Wishing both a speedy recovery!  Especially the taste thing Spins!

Hi Spins, I must have missed that post...…...hope he recovers quickly.

Terry, The Government around here (local and state) sucks.  

I have not been sleeping well at all lately....waking up multiple times in the night:classic_sad:......not sure if it is all the stress

or not.  Decided to buy some sleep aid and maybe it will help.  I end up napping 1/2 the day because not very much

at night..….I don't like feeling this way but it has happened multiple times over the past week.

1 minute ago, silkismom said:

I use Tylenol PM, it really helps for me, especially if I take it about an hour before going to bed. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I went to CVS and bought something called ZZZZZZZ by Nyquil.  I have some extra

strength Tylenol in the house but will remember the PM part. The ZZZZZZZZ is a liquid.

8 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I went to CVS and bought something called ZZZZZZZ by Nyquil.  I have some extra

strength Tylenol in the house but will remember the PM part. The ZZZZZZZZ is a liquid.

Both products contain diphenhydramine ( better know as Benadryl).  You could take just the Benadryl (or generic) since it is the drug that helps you sleep and is usually a lot cheaper.  You can always take Tylenol with it is needed. 
PS..pharmacist here!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lois R said:

ZZZZZZZ

Hope it works for you tonight Lois, and that Spins gets a good night's sleep.

I keep Benadryl on the nightstand for when allergies keep me from sleeping, works very well for that.

Understand about the stress & bad dreams, me too.  Hoping the medical workers in scrubs standing up to the protest in Denver will provide comfort to us all.  

40 minutes ago, Wizpharm2 said:

Both products contain diphenhydramine ( better know as Benadryl).  You could take just the Benadryl (or generic) since it is the drug that helps you sleep and is usually a lot cheaper.  You can always take Tylenol with it is needed. 
PS..pharmacist here!

Thank you for the good information. 

17 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Hope it works for you tonight Lois, and that Spins gets a good night's sleep.

I keep Benadryl on the nightstand for when allergies keep me from sleeping, works very well for that.

Understand about the stress & bad dreams, me too.  Hoping the medical workers in scrubs standing up to the protest in Denver will provide comfort to us all.  

Thanks, I hope so too.

I eat pistachio nuts before bed. They taste great and the melatonin is a bonus. Makes me sleep like a baby, unless I"m on call. Benadryl will definitely put you to sleep too, and it's probably cheaper by the pound than pistachios.

Spins, hope that's all the symptoms that you have. Ageusia/anosmia are not specific for Covid-19. Simple congestion from allergies or a common cold can often cause those symptoms. Come to think of it, benadryl might work for that too! 😉

Enjoying a Magellan Gin with Fever Tree Elderflower tonic before bed tonight. The taste and the aroma are delicious. Thinking of splurging for a Hendrick's Midsummer Solstice Gin for my next bottle. Good night all!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Enjoying a Magellan Gin with Fever Tree Elderflower tonic before bed tonight. The taste and the aroma are delicious. Thinking of splurging for a Hendrick's Midsummer Solstice Gin for my next bottle. Good night all!

Myster and I splurged on a bottle of the Midsummer Solstice Gin earlier this year.  We enjoyed it very, very much.  None left and our Ontario Liquor Control Board has 6 bottles left for delivery to our local store.  We may decide to splurge again depending on how we come to losing our minds.  🤪