Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Just now, TLCOhio said:

Appreciate this helpful reminder about this fun CNN series.  .  Need to check that our digital machine got it captured correctly. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

I really enjoyed it.......there is a segment about the Jewish Ghetto from WWII and the small 

Jewish community left there now and the food----they have some wonderful artichokes😃

• Like 1

While in my home study this afternoon, I looked out to on the patio to see a visitor.  This friendly deer was thirsty and was licking the melting snow.  Need proof or evidence that this really happened?  Below are a couple of photos.  Compared to having a dog or cat, the best thing about this type of "pet" is that there are no trips to the vet, nor need to pay those costly bills.  

CMC_2281.thumb.jpeg.e8fb8af1778dff02567867e1ade87a51.jpeg

CMC_2295.thumb.jpeg.aab82f2322cb4f4d60b7f40092957e28.jpeg

• Like 3

The deer are lovely to watch Terry, but unfortunately we keep attracting a herd that continues crossing through our property over the past several years that has cost us hundreds, perhaps a couple thousand in landscaping.  Think I'll stick to vet bills any day with our indoor cat!

Oh, forgot about the one last year that had to meet me up close and personal at the bottom of the driveway....broken headlight, dented front fender...he ran away, just fine, I headed off to the body shop with my credit card!

2 minutes ago, Condocat said:

The deer are lovely to watch Terry, but unfortunately we keep attracting a herd that continues crossing through our property over the past several years that has cost us hundreds, perhaps a couple thousand in landscaping.  Think I'll stick to vet bills any day with our indoor cat!   Oh, forgot about the one last year that had to meet me up close and personal at the bottom of the driveway....broken headlight, dented front fender...he ran away, just fine, I headed off to the body shop with my credit card!

YES!  YES!!  Sadly agree that these deer can be a big, giant "PAIN" in the you-know-what.  Our hosta have become their "salad bar". . . costly and totally frustrating. It's nice to see these deer at times, especially with snow on the ground.  BUT, our North Carolina neighbor is wise and correct.  We would prefer to have our English Labs, Roxie and Rudy, back home with us.  Even with the vet expenses!!

12 minutes ago, Condocat said:

The deer are lovely to watch Terry, but unfortunately we keep attracting a herd that continues crossing through our property over the past several years that has cost us hundreds, perhaps a couple thousand in landscaping.  Think I'll stick to vet bills any day with our indoor cat!

Oh, forgot about the one last year that had to meet me up close and personal at the bottom of the driveway....broken headlight, dented front fender...he ran away, just fine, I headed off to the body shop with my credit card!

The downside to wild life roaming!  Yes they are cute and yes they can be destructive!  Definitely not a black and white situation!  Sympathy to you Condo!

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

I really enjoyed it.......there is a segment about the Jewish Ghetto from WWII and the small 

Jewish community left there now and the food----they have some wonderful artichokes😃

Lois, I really enjoyed (yesterday's) tonight's episode too. This series so far has been very well-done. Either that, or I am so starved for travel that anything would do, but whatever the case, Chris and I are really loving it so far. 

The pasta recipes were making us crave pasta. The artichokes looked scrumptious and they even made me want to try some tripe! It was cool to see Katie Parla as his tour guide in one of the segments - I heard about her over 10 years ago on the Oceania boards, when a couple recommended her tours. I think it was StanandJim who had toured with her, IIRC.

Loved the spunk of the 80+ year old lady who survived the Nazi occupation as a small child. 

I seriously contemplated cooking something after the show was over, but we decided against it for now. Maybe we will have to pay a visit to Eataly this weekend instead? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lois R said:

Anyone see the "Rome Episode" last night?

I did!  First one I’ve seen.  Loved it.  DW wouldn’t watch.  Too tempting.

We haven’t eaten a “bad” carb in five weeks.  So, I was quite pleased with myself that I didn’t tear into the pantry where said carbs are stored and start cooking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I did!  First one I’ve seen.  Loved it.  DW wouldn’t watch.  Too tempting.

We haven’t eaten a “bad” carb in five weeks.  So, I was quite pleased with myself that I didn’t tear into the pantry where said carbs are stored and start cooking.

Good morning, you can go back and see episode 1 as well (if you want.😃) They are already

showing that first one over again.

I've been watching them online. I have a computer hooked up to my TV so it's super easy.

They stream all their shows at go.cnn.com. You can log in with your cable provider ID/password, and watch for no additional charge.

Only problem is, lots of commercials! DVR has spoiled me. But we are really enjoying the series so far.

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Good to know!  I’ll have to find it, because I thought Rome was the first episode.  Clearly, I didn’t set up my DVR correctly.

Hi, do you have "ON DEMAND"? If so, you can watch on there🙂