Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

55 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Given these difficult times, I wanted to gift my DW (for Xmas/Festivus/Kwanzai/etc.) something to express how happy I am she is soldiering through them with me, and has been doing so for 38 years.  Our wedding had a sort of "tickled pink" theme, in which pink plastic flamingos played a role.  I asked my friend to make a little memento, and this is what came today - maybe it will brighten your day, too!  

IMG_3701.jpeg

And there's even a yellow Corona Virus top center!  How apropos for 2021 🤣

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Good morning Coolers!

The view this morning out of my ski room door 🙂 Look at how much snow is on top of my barbecue. Christmas has arrived here in the mountains of Colorado. Guess what I will be doing this morning?

2F9E4259-F88B-4114-9400-18D61F41862C.jpeg

Enjoy Truly! 

26 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

About time, right?  Fingers crossed for next Wednesday too.

Front range is still hurting, though.  Only 2” in the JeffCo foothills.

Yes, it is about time. I went out and there is 16 inches and up to my knees. I like 6 to 8 at most for me to handle and this was heavy snow and I could hardly plow thru it. It was a nightmare for me and not worth it because upper runs are still not open. Hopefully tomorrow. DH of course continued on.

Still snowing and blowing hard. Exhausting LOL!

• Like 2

Every year I add wishes to the NYE Wishing Wall for family and friends.  "Your wishes will be added to the confetti that flutters down in the heart of Times Square on New Year's Eve! Each year, people from around the planet include their wishes for the new year on pieces of official Times Square New Year's Eve confetti, either digitally or in person."

If you are interested here is the link....

https://www.timessquarenyc.org/whats-happening/nye-wishing-wall#wish

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Every year I add wishes to the NYE Wishing Wall for family and friends.  "Your wishes will be added to the confetti that flutters down in the heart of Times Square on New Year's Eve! Each year, people from around the planet include their wishes for the new year on pieces of official Times Square New Year's Eve confetti, either digitally or in person."

If you are interested here is the link....

https://www.timessquarenyc.org/whats-happening/nye-wishing-wall#wish

Interesting idea - but - if I put some of my thoughts/wishes onto this website I would never be allowed into the US again!

• Haha 2

Well I’ve finally gone and done it! Crystal Symphony, 8th Jan Miami RT, that’s 3 weeks today. Going solo on this one.  Been watching it for 2 months waiting for a verandah to come free and had no luck until 6.00 yesterday morning (insomnia does occasionally have its advantages) but unfortunately they closed the UK office yesterday to all start  working from home again so a bit of a faff but to make sure I didn’t miss out I booked it on the US site and they have now transferred the booking to the UK office. 

I’ve managed to find better flights too. Virgin upper class to ATL then Delta first to FLL so a longer leg in Upper and only 2 hours ATL to FLL. Rtn is via JFK. A Couple of nights in the Versace Mansion too shouldn’t be too shabby. Caribbean here I come!

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Well I’ve finally gone and done it! Crystal Symphony, 8th Jan Miami RT, that’s 3 weeks today. Going solo on this one.  Been watching it for 2 months waiting for a verandah to come free and had no luck until 6.00 yesterday morning (insomnia does occasionally have its advantages) but unfortunately they closed the UK office yesterday to all start  working from home again so a bit of a faff but to make sure I didn’t miss out I booked it on the US site and they have now transferred the booking to the UK office. 

I’ve managed to find better flights too. Virgin upper class to ATL then Delta first to FLL so a longer leg in Upper and only 2 hours ATL to FLL. Rtn is via JFK. A Couple of nights in the Versace Mansion too shouldn’t be too shabby. Caribbean here I come!

Have a glorious sail DW!  🥰

A couple of weeks ago I bumped into a friend who has the same breed dog I had before but I hadn't seen her for over 18 months so I told her the sad news of losing my two boys. She was very sad about the news. A couple of hours later she came to my house to let us know she had been told about a breeder who had Jap Spitz puppies he was about to put up for sale. So we had to go and look. After a few days hesitation we couldn't resist.

Our Finn arrived on Monday. He is 10 weeks old.

IMG_5550.thumb.jpeg.f62646cb8dc1c7747e62e35bf08c4acb.jpeg

He has been learning quickly and I am getting used to waking a couple of times at night for toileting. He is worth the tiredness and I know it won't last long.

Edited by frantic36
  • Like 11

51 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

A couple of weeks ago I bumped into a friend who has the same breed dog I had before but I hadn't seen her for over 18 months so I told her the sad news of losing my two boys. She was very sad about the news. A couple of hours later she came to my house to let us know she had been told about a breeder who had Jap Spitz puppies he was about to put up for sale. So we had to go and look. After a few days hesitation we couldn't resist.

He has been learning quickly and I am getting used to waking a couple of times at night for toileting. He is worth the tiredness and I know it won't last long.

Finn is beautiful!  Enjoy! 🥰

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, frantic36 said:

What an absolute beauty. My nan had a spitz, great breed. May you be blessed with many happy years together. 

• Thanks 1

Met an old schoolmate yesterday. Showed him a photo of my wife. "Isn't she a good looking woman?" I asked. 

"If you think she's good looking you should see my wife"

"Why?", I asked. "Is she a real stunner?" 

"No. She's an optician." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5