Haven Spa Suite In-Room Tub Clean? Is WhirlOut needed?

Forgive me for this rather odd post, but here I go.

Is the in-room whirlpool tub clean in the Haven Spa Suites? I mean the jets, not just the tub itself.

I use WhirlOut jetted tub cleaner at home, but I wasn't sure if the cleaning staff would use such a product onboard.

Last time my husband and I stayed at a nice hotel, we were unable to use the tub because it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. I'd hate for that to be the case on our cruise, since it's our first and such a nice feature of the room we booked.

Thanks.

Forgive me for this rather odd post, but here I go.

Is the in-room whirlpool tub clean in the Haven Spa Suites? I mean the jets, not just the tub itself.

I use WhirlOut jetted tub cleaner at home, but I wasn't sure if the cleaning staff would use such a product onboard.

Last time my husband and I stayed at a nice hotel, we were unable to use the tub because it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. I'd hate for that to be the case on our cruise, since it's our first and such a nice feature of the room we booked.

Thanks.

I wouldn't count on them using anything. Personally I use dish washer soap every once in a while.

I looked at Whirlout, and it is basically a caustic (alkaline) that removes soap scums and scales from the piping/jets. The USPH VSP Operations Manual requires that private whirlpools (those in cabins) be cleaned as per the manufacturer's recommendation and sanitized with a 10ppm chlorine solution, including the recirculation piping and jets, weekly or every change of occupancy, whichever is sooner. They do not specify a cleaning agent, but it must meet the manufacturer's requirements, so it is likely something similar to Whirlout.

It's been a few years, but our Spa Suite tub was full of hairs and dirty when we embarked. The stewards have a lot of cabins to clean and don't necessarily do what they should.

My concerns EXACTLY! How do you clean it? What do you recommend?

If its not clean, then talk to the steward, and if not satisfied, take it up the ladder to the Executive Housekeeper, and the Hotel Director. Ask to see the cleaning log for the hot tub, and then request an additional cleaning and sanitizing.

Amazon is one place to get it...

https://www.amazon.com/Summit-Brands-WhirlOUT-Jetted-Cleaner/dp/B000DZBLJ6

Also, Home Depot, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond...

Do a Google search.

Thank you. I have been looking for something to clean the jets in our whirlpool tub.

It's funny. We have stayed in the spa Haven suite twice and never used the spa in the room except to store wet bathing suits.

Our friends did who stayed next door. They said it took a long time to fill up but did not complain it was not clean.

What am I missing? You started this thread & said you use WhirlOut at home. Why are you now asking how to clean it?

Other than that. I will be flying to Miami, and I wasn't sure if that specific product was allowed with the airlines and/or cruiseline. My husband was telling me that it was not, so I'm hoping to find other alternatives.

Thanks for replying. I appreciate any info any of you can give me. :)

Other than that. I will be flying to Miami, and I wasn't sure if that specific product was allowed with the airlines and/or cruiseline. My husband was telling me that it was not, so I'm hoping to find other alternatives.

Thanks for replying. I appreciate any info any of you can give me. :)

I would check with the cruise line to see if the chemical is allowed, as it is very caustic, and could cause problems in the waste water treatment plant.

When we used ours in the Haven Spa Suite, whenever we let the water out, and left for a few hours, we came back to the cabin and it was all cleaned up. Not sure exactly what the steward did, but I didn't smell anything untoward. It always smelled fresh.

But, you bring up another point....how do they clean the jacuzzis around the ship? They are always in use.

And, the ship's plumbing and wastewater treatment is supposed to be very susceptible to some chemicals and paper products.

When we used ours in the Haven Spa Suite, whenever we let the water out, and left for a few hours, we came back to the cabin and it was all cleaned up. Not sure exactly what the steward did, but I didn't smell anything untoward. It always smelled fresh.

But, you bring up another point....how do they clean the jacuzzis around the ship? They are always in use.

And, the ship's plumbing and wastewater treatment is supposed to be very susceptible to some chemicals and paper products.

The hot tubs around the ship are drained and cleaned, and super-chlorinated at least every 72 hours, but NCL did them every night when I worked there. There is a night crew that takes care of the pool/hot tub sanitation along with cleaning the pool deck.

The had something they put in the tub and then ran the jets. We used the tub and it was always cleaned right after we used it. This was on the Getaway.

That's great to hear! Thanks for posting. :):):)

We too are sailing on Getaway, and I didn't want to be one of those first timers who overpacked or brought something they shouldn't have.

Thank you all for posting to this thread. I appreciate all of your responses. :) I guess if the tub isn't clean I can always ask my room attendant to do something about it. If it's that big of a deal this first time, I'll know to bring something the next time. I doubt this will be my first cruise anyway.

Happy Cruising to All!!