Embarkation lunch in MDR

jimpod

Boarding the Royal Princess on Friday. Does anyone know which restaurant is open for lunch?

For my cruises on the Royal it’s been in one of the midship dining rooms...Symphony or Concerto.

The location isn’t always listed in the Patter & when asking crew they will direct you to the buffet. Instead I’ll go to both restaurants between noon & 1:30 to discover which one is open for lunch.

The Deck 6 midship dining room. (Which is pretty much the answer on every Princess ship).

When I boarded Royal Princess last November in Ft Lauderdale the Club Class entrance was the only one open, sorting out both Club and non-Club passengers. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Thanks everyone. We have been on the Royal before but never tried the MDR on embarkation day. We have been

to Alfredo’s on past cruises and will probably eat there at some point during the cruise. Off to pack now as we leave tomorrow morning.

skip the mdr - go to Alfredo's for sit down, waiter served pizza, anti-pasta, pasta, salads

thank me now...;p

and you'll go back there again during your cruise

thank me then...

http://www.beyondships2.com/royal-princess-alfredos.html

Talk about not answering the OP's question. We have found Alfredos not that great and rarely go there.

We also go the MDR on embarkation we don't like Alfredo's on embarkation day to many people walking around getting familiarized with the ship. We definitely don't go to the buffet the first day for lunch to crazy!. The MDR is nice and quiet it is a nice start to the cruise. We do go to Alfredo's another day.

The MDR lunch menu for embarktion day has changed and not for the better. It's still more civilized then the buffet because the buffet has the entire ship except the few who know about the MDR.

I agree. Not many choices to choose from. I was not happy with it on our March Regal cruise.

What was on the menu?

Searching this forum for embarkation lunch menu resulted in numerous discussions about the menu & here’s one from late March on the Royal. Recently someone posted a photo of a more limited menu & my experiences throughout the years have primarily been this menu but occasionally its been a limited menu. Whatever the menu options it’s our most relaxing way to begin our cruise.

I will have to list what our embarkation menu was on the Royal on March 10, 2018. Haven't learned how to put pics on here! Most times I don't feel old technology wise- this is not one of those times!

Starters, Soup & Salad:

Anitpasta of Dry-Cured Salami and Roasted Vegetables

Tuscan-Style Chickpea Soup

Avocado and Bay Shrimp

Limestone and Baby Oak Leaves with Cucumber Carrot and Red Onion

Burgers and Fries:

Princess Homemade Hamburger, Cheeseburger or Bacon Burger with Fries

Veggie Burger

Large Plate of French Fries

Signature Pasta:

Spinach and Ricotta Cheese Ravioli

Mains:

Broiled Salmon with Lemon and Dill Sauce, seasonal veggies and parsley potatoes

Cacciatore-Style Chicken with tagliarini pasta

Grilled Herb-spiced Beef Tenderloin with veggies, red bliss potatoes

Vegetarian Fried Rice(broccoli, green peas, tomatoes, and eggs)

Desserts:

Apple Tart Tatin

Orange Souffle

Sherry Trifle

Ice Cream

Hope this helps.

Pooh

Searching this forum for embarkation lunch menu resulted in numerous discussions about the menu & here’s one from late March on the Royal. Recently someone posted a photo of a more limited menu & my experiences throughout the years have primarily been this menu but occasionally its been a limited menu. Whatever the menu options it’s our most relaxing way to begin our cruise.

That is not the menu that we had in March. Cacciatore-Style Chicken was missing. I all ways ordered that. I don't remember what the choices were, but I do remember the menu being reduced.

I always go to the mdr for lunch a nice martini …..its quiet and very few go there.....when our room is ready we go unpack sit on balcony have a drink....then depending on weather go on top for sail away party or stay on our balcony …..then get ready for dinner and stroll the shp before dinner