Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Actually the Pursuit app existed three years ago. It did not work, we tried to use it onboard it was a nightmare. It still comes up on some app searches but I understood they were going to start again once they had all the new tech in place 

Ive had the Azamara app for some time.  I’m not sure what it ever did but I’m guessing if they expanded it for the Pursuit, when it launched, it was indeed a mess. 

28 minutes ago, Dudeljo said:

Hi, we were in a suite and we are Discoverer members (being Elite at Celebrity). For Discoverer members you get 50% off from a wifi package. For suite guests there is also a 50% discount for a wifi package. That makes 100% so wifi is free onboard for suite AND discoverer guests. No minute limits, free the whole cruise. 

Yep, I just never researched wifi packages, just used minutes or the all included.  We always had minutes left over even when I had a closing that was happening, supposedly, while I was away.  at that time I think we got 90 minutes pp. we however were not paying bills online at the time.  It takes a bit more time for that.  And, now with the secondary authentication we suspect we will not be able to pay bills online anymore as my iPad doesn’t accept texts or phone calls! 

5 hours ago, Chot50s said:

@Benthayer Gonbak, to answer your question from a few days ago, our voyage is on the Onward in January with an Eastern Caribbean itinerary. We’re also doing Celebrity’s cruise in late May which I think you may also be on.

Thanks, I’ve wanted to find some of the Caribbean voyages again.  Some used to go to the Amazon.  Thanks.

And yes we are on the Summit late May.  We go to Morocco in June, with a group.  

15 hours ago, JM0115 said:

Thanks for all the comments. Hopefully someone will be on a ship soon to measure 😀. It’s not that important but I was just wondering because Viking says their beds are “king” and they are quite spacious!

As I posted above I am onboard. I haven’t got a tape measure, but I’m about 5foot 9 inched (69 inches). I laid across the bed and just about exactly fitted from one side to the other, so the bed is 69 inches wide give or take an inch.

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2022 at 7:13 PM, Chot50s said:

I have Discoverer status due to my points with Royal Caribbean plus a few Azamara Circle points points from Celebrity—but not enough for the Discoverer status level. I called Azamara Circle’s desk and specifically asked if I would retain my Discoverer status if I complete an Azamara voyage prior to February 1, 2023. The person at Azamara said yes (after checking with someone else). 

That surprises me.  Currently Azamara acknowledges your Celebrity level only, not your Royal level.  Once you complete your next AZ cruise, those points will be added on to your Celebrity points and you will retain that level in the future.

There has already been about a year of reciprocal status by the new AZ owners.  They have now set a final date for passengers to take an Azamara cruise to retain that status.  I can’t see another extension being given.

11 hours ago, Port Power said:

That surprises me.  Currently Azamara acknowledges your Celebrity level only, not your Royal level.  Once you complete your next AZ cruise, those points will be added on to your Celebrity points and you will retain that level in the future.

There has already been about a year of reciprocal status by the new AZ owners.  They have now set a final date for passengers to take an Azamara cruise to retain that status.  I can’t see another extension being given.

Azamara and Celebrity share cruise points (e.g., points on Celebrity are also Azamara points and vice versa). But there is also reciprocal recognition of loyalty levels across all three cruise lines.

image.thumb.png.4cc13f7fb9bcdb7659a887cbeeeea204.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Was on the Pursuit in August in a  veranda cabin on deck 7. Used an extension cord to plug in across the room to my cpap. There is a USB outlet to charge cell phones on the bottom of the light sconses on both sides of the bed but no electric  outlet

OK thanks, I thought I saw a youtube video that showed an electric outlet on the side of the bed. Must have been something else. Do you know if there is a UK outlet anywhere in the room and did you bring an extension lead or can you get one onboard?

24 minutes ago, federalexpress said:

OK thanks, I thought I saw a youtube video that showed an electric outlet on the side of the bed. Must have been something else. Do you know if there is a UK outlet anywhere in the room and did you bring an extension lead or can you get one onboard?

In previous years we brought our own extension lead.  However, if you email Azamara the “special request” form asking for distilled water and a lead, they will provide in your cabin.  We just found it easier to bring our own.  I always take adapters for US points, but UK cruisers might have better information.

30 minutes ago, luv2travel90266 said:

There is across the room at the desk 3 sockets, European, UK and US lug type. If you bring adapters you can use all 3 with your UK electrical gadgets. They don’t allow powerstrips from the US on any cruise line I have been on. 

Yes, I remember the three different points on the desk now.  It has been a few years, but I’ll be back on AZ next month.

We are talking about an one-plug extension cord, not a power board.  The lead is to ensure the CPAP machine can be plugged in across the room at the desk. 

On 11/7/2022 at 2:59 PM, JM0115 said:

Thanks for all the comments. Hopefully someone will be on a ship soon to measure 😀. It’s not that important but I was just wondering because Viking says their beds are “king” and they are quite spacious!

Ok, I brought my tape measure on board! It looks like the bed is about 172 cm, or approximately 68 inches from edge to edge.

5FED13AF-DAC6-4B21-A65D-ADD1B44090BD.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 11/12/2022 at 10:04 AM, luv2travel90266 said:

There is across the room at the desk 3 sockets, European, UK and US lug type. If you bring adapters you can use all 3 with your UK electrical gadgets. They don’t allow powerstrips from the US on any cruise line I have been on. 

Interesting, although we purchased our power strip in the US it actually has a European plug on it!  I had wondered why less and less was being said about it in my luggage.  

While traveling from Australia we had our US strip we were using on land confiscated, however when we turned out to need it onboard they were able to have the electrician check it and certify it was acceptable to let us use.  They tried to substitute an Australian strip but it wouldn’t take our US plugs and we didn’t have enough adapters.  I’ve forgotten all of our configuration challenges on that cruise, but when they suggested we wait to see if we could purchase what we needed, in the shops, I lost it!  If I can buy what I need, why can’t I use what I brought!  

we did learn to put the strip in our luggage after Miami took our strip and left it on land!  This all happened when the rules were changing.  The strip in Miami had been approved in Australia and was subsequently.  We now prefer the European strip as its shorter and has helped in all sorts of situations like needing two extension cords and being given two that would require them to be tripping hazards!  

What are Azamara's shore excursions like? 

DH and I are booked on Azamara's "Greece &  Turkey Voyage"  that includes a port stop in Kusadasi.  We are considering taking the "Ultimate Ephesus" shore excursion.  I'm wondering how crowded we can expect the bus to be, how large the touring group would be, how much time will be allotted to touring the ruins as opposed to shopping and anything else you'd like to mention. A comparison with shore excursions of other cruise lines might be helpful too.    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, islandwoman said:

DH and I are booked on Azamara's "Greece &  Turkey Voyage"  that includes a port stop in Kusadasi.  We are considering taking the "Ultimate Ephesus" shore excursion.  I'm wondering how crowded we can expect the bus to be, how large the touring group would be, how much time will be allotted to touring the ruins as opposed to shopping and anything else you'd like to mention. A comparison with shore excursions of other cruise lines might be helpful too.    

We did a private tour in June. It was perfect and our guide took us to exactly what we wanted and no shops. I’m in Lisbon now, waiting to board Onward on Sunday, but let me know if you want his contact info and I can look it up when we get home. He was excellent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having been to Kusadasi and Ephesus several time, I would definitely recommend looking for a private tour.  You will make better use of your time and the cost may be less that the Azamara tour, if you find a few others to come with you.  We were on the May Greek intensive on the Quest and took several cruise tours, since we had more onboard credit than we could otherwise use.  We mostly found them less than thrilling and, in the future, will stick to our usual of arranging private tours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2022 at 11:55 AM, islandwoman said:

We did a private tour through Viatour and recommend them.  Our guide took us to places in the ruins before the crowds got there and even took photos of us at some of the buildings..

• Thanks 1

There is a different range of charged cocktails served in each bar, with the Onward Atlas Bar cocktails being served in the Den on the other ships. If you have the Ultimate beverage package these cocktails are included. My favourite was the Berry Berry Gin served in the living room (gin, chambord, lemon juice & sugar syrup),

• Like 1