Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

Realistically, there is no waiting to get into the main dining room, Windows or the Patio. There are always seats available for the shows, but some people have their favorite viewing places. A line often forms about 15 minutes before the show just before the doors open. I haven't been on Onward yet but access to the various bars is easy on the other ships. I have only seen the Den crowded when there was afternoon trivia. But that only happens on cruises with lots of sea days. Even on cruises that have been booked full, you can always find your own space.

• Like 7

I noticed that online checkin is now available for our cruise! We selected a 2-2:30 arrival time. Can we arrive earlier than 2 pm to drop off luggage and perhaps get onboard? Also, what dining options are available onboard Quest at around 2 pm? This is getting real... only 46 days until embarkation!

28 minutes ago, luvtocruise923 said:

I noticed that online checkin is now available for our cruise! We selected a 2-2:30 arrival time. Can we arrive earlier than 2 pm to drop off luggage and perhaps get onboard? Also, what dining options are available onboard Quest at around 2 pm? This is getting real... only 46 days until embarkation!

Some of your question can only be answered depending in which city you are boarding.  You can drop your luggage off very early most place; we often do, and then go walkabout for a few hours.  However, if you arrive half an hour early, you can usually still check in eventually but will have to wait around for quite a bit.

Edited by Port Power

22 minutes ago, luvtocruise923 said:

2pm has been the earliest boarding time since pandemic restart (they deep clean the ship between all disembarking passengers getting off by 9am latest and new guests arriving) there was a report of suite guests being offered 1pm and someone said they managed to get onboard at 1:45pm

Food put on in Windows from 2pm on arrival day

7 minutes ago, Scots Caz said:

2pm has been the earliest boarding time since pandemic restart (they deep clean the ship between all disembarking passengers getting off by 9am latest and new guests arriving) there was a report of suite guests being offered 1pm and someone said they managed to get onboard at 1:45pm

Food put on in Windows from 2pm on arrival day

13 minutes ago, Port Power said:

Some of your question can only be answered depending in which city you are boarding.  You can drop your luggage off very early most place; we often do, and then go walkabout for a few hours.  However, if you arrive half an hour early, you can usually still check in eventually but might have to wait around for a bit.

Thank you, Scots Caz and Port Power, for your replies.   I meant to post my question on my roll call...my mistake but thanks for answering my questions.

I am reposting the link to the spreadsheet from time to time to save people having to search through the forum to find it. It comes with a health warning that much of it was compiled pre COVID and pre Sycamore. It’s only as good as the people who post here, so do please post any changes you come across.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

I've booked a guarantee for a December 12, 2022 sailing.  When can I expect to receive my cabin assignment?

On my last sailing in May, I received it 4 days before the departure. It depends on the sales in your category. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, islandwoman said:

Where on the Azamara website can I see my OBC?

Sign into your account using the link at the top of the website. If you haven’t already registered on the website, you will need to create an account first and then add your cruise to it.Once in your account, look at your cruises and click on Plan my Voyage for your cruise. At the top you will see your OBC, so long as it is non refundable OBC provided by Azamara. Travel Agent OBC will probably not show up until embarkation day. 
Azamara provided OBC should also show on your Azamara invoice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2022 at 8:48 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

I am reposting the link to the spreadsheet from time to time to save people having to search through the forum to find it. It comes with a health warning that much of it was compiled pre COVID and pre Sycamore. It’s only as good as the people who post here, so do please post any changes you come across.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

Thank you for your big work. «No charge access to the deck in front of the spa (Deck 9) with a thalassotherapy pool & loungers for those in suites». This Benefit changed. It is for continental suites not available. In June and July on the Onward we had no more access.

1 hour ago, Andromea said:

Thank you for your big work. «No charge access to the deck in front of the spa (Deck 9) with a thalassotherapy pool & loungers for those in suites». This Benefit changed. It is for continental suites not available. In June and July on the Onward we had no more access.

Thanks for this, I have deleted it from the spreadsheet. 

3 hours ago, Tom47 said:

I like this, but are the showers any bigger?  People who complained when I posted about this said that shower doors would mean less space in the shower.

When Oceania made this change, the reports were that the glass doors make the showers even more constricting – the glass door doesn't expand when your elbow hits it [ouch!]  I also read reports that Azamara upgraded the shower curtains to a nicer fabric that doesn't cling so much.  It sounds to me like Azamara has made the best of the (unchangeable) shower layout.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Scots Caz said:

I was in Veranda in June and it was curtains then...

Yes, I am sure we had a white curtain in our balcony cabin in May on Onward. In August on Pursuit, we had a heavier beige curtain, less likely to cling (although we had no cling problems with the lighter Onward curtain).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lisiamc said:

we had no cling problems with the lighter Onward curtain

Good to know.  Thanks for easing the clingy shower curtain angst that I have been encountering.  I still wonder if they will change them to the heavier beige ones that are on Pursuit before December.