Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

18 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

It was about 50 days for our upcoming cruise.

I think it also depends on when the agency releases the funds to the cruise line (for those where payment is made to the agency which is virtually all UK and European passengers) 

On 9/4/2022 at 12:04 PM, RummyB said:

On an upcoming Azamara cruise, we have Complimentary WIFI (Per Cabin).  Does that mean just one device, or do each of us in the same cabin have Wifi?  If only one device, is it better to book Wifi pre-cruise or just wait until we are on board?

We found it much easier to use our cell phones for internet use on our previous Onward cruise vs the complimentary wifi - after trying to load yahoo, and after 8 minutes and the page only being half loaded, I gave up and went to my phone where it instantly connected.  Obviously only good when in port.

Bandwidth and speed on the ship internet won't improve under the current system. I found the best internet access was early morning when most cruisers were sleeping. Royal Carib

https://www.royalcaribbeangroup.com/ is upgrading their ships to https://www.starlink.com/maritime but it is an investment that Azamara hasn't committed to yet. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

Any ideas how to attach the tiny printed labels that Azamara emailed along with the docs?

The ones we’ve received with our cruise docs on past cruises were not tiny, and fitted nicely in the plastic cruise luggage tag holders sold by Amazon and similar. If they are truly minuscule, don’t worry, you can get tags to write on and apply, at the pier. 

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 2

On 8/20/2022 at 1:48 AM, federalexpress said:

That is odd. I'm in the UK. Mine shows where I referred to top right, next to cart, in sterling. Not sure why it would be different. I booked through a UK TA and the $1000 OBC was part of the offer from them, specifically to match what Azamara were offering direct. I went with the TA because they were actually a little cheaper on the base price. My strong impression was that Azamara were quite happy for me to go with the TA rather than direct, in fact they helpfully pointed me in the direction of one to talk to.

Mine shows up too - but it is an Azamara promotion OBC not from a travel agent.  They have had many promotions recently where they have been offering either $500 plus a discount or $1000 OBC.  I booked during a $1000 OBC promotion and it appears as yours does in the top right hand corner.  I am able to use this OBC to purchase shore excursions before I sail and for anything else such as specialty dining, drink packages etc...  There have also been promotions offering OBC for shore excursions specifically.  I believe this OBC needs to be used onboard only.

Edited by Janet&Carl

Plant based menu.

Apologies if this has already been covered & I understand if I am the only one interested...

The recently introduced plant based menu is excellent although it seems to be a bit of a secret on board. It is available in Discoveries, Aqualina and Prime C. BUT you have to order 24 hours in advance. I did this through the Head Waiter in Discoveries.

There is also a vegan station in Windows at breakfast and plenty of non meat/fish options in Windows and The Patio during the day. Strangely the only thing not marked as veggie or not is the cheese.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, trebor111 said:

Plant based menu.

Apologies if this has already been covered & I understand if I am the only one interested...

The recently introduced plant based menu is excellent although it seems to be a bit of a secret on board. It is available in Discoveries, Aqualina and Prime C. BUT you have to order 24 hours in advance. I did this through the Head Waiter in Discoveries.

There is also a vegan station in Windows at breakfast and plenty of non meat/fish options in Windows and The Patio during the day. Strangely the only thing not marked as veggie or not is the cheese.

Thanks for this, there was already some information in the spreadsheet but I have added to it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trebor111 said:

Plant based menu.

We are interested as well. Did you enjoy many of the choices on the menu? Did others in your party as well? The menu does look wonderful but we're wondering how much of it people enjoy. Thanks!

On 10/9/2022 at 7:32 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

Just been pointed out in the topic on Experience More packages that the three table tour dining package is now $85, with individual bookings still at $30, so the package saving is less than it used to be. 

And just had it confirmed by uktog who is on Journey now that the price is now $35 a head.

• Thanks 1

I rec'd the below email from Celebrity:

HOW WILL THE SALE OF AZAMARA AFFECT MY CAPTAIN’S CLUB AND AZAMARA CIRCLE ACCOUNT?

• Points and status earned in either program on or before February 1, 2023, will not be impacted.
  • For Azamara sailings that conclude on or before February 1, 2023, members will continue to earn both Captain’s Club and Azamara Circle points. For Azamara sailings that conclude after February 1, 2023, members will only earn Azamara Circle points.
  • For Celebrity Cruises sailings that conclude on or before February 1, 2023, members will continue to earn Captain’s Club points and Azamara Circle points, if they have at least one Azamara sailing. For Celebrity Cruises sailings that conclude after February 1, 2023, members will only earn Captain’s Club points.

AS A CAPTAIN’S CLUB MEMBER, WILL I HAVE STATUS AND POINTS WITH AZAMARA IF I HAVE ONLY EVER SAILED WITH CELEBRITY AS OF FEBRUARY 1, 2023?

No. To have had status or points with Azamara, you must have at least one past sailing with Azamara as of February 1, 2023.

WILL THE RECIPROCITY BENEFITS BETWEEN CELEBRITY CAPTAIN’S CLUB AND ROYAL CARIBBEAN CROWN & ANCHOR SOCIETY CONTINUE?

Yes. There will be no change to the reciprocal benefits between Captain’s Club and Crown & Anchor Society.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Tom47 said:

I rec'd the below email from Celebrity:

HOW WILL THE SALE OF AZAMARA AFFECT MY CAPTAIN’S CLUB AND AZAMARA CIRCLE ACCOUNT?

• Points and status earned in either program on or before February 1, 2023, will not be impacted.
  • For Azamara sailings that conclude on or before February 1, 2023, members will continue to earn both Captain’s Club and Azamara Circle points. For Azamara sailings that conclude after February 1, 2023, members will only earn Azamara Circle points.
  • For Celebrity Cruises sailings that conclude on or before February 1, 2023, members will continue to earn Captain’s Club points and Azamara Circle points, if they have at least one Azamara sailing. For Celebrity Cruises sailings that conclude after February 1, 2023, members will only earn Captain’s Club points.

AS A CAPTAIN’S CLUB MEMBER, WILL I HAVE STATUS AND POINTS WITH AZAMARA IF I HAVE ONLY EVER SAILED WITH CELEBRITY AS OF FEBRUARY 1, 2023?

No. To have had status or points with Azamara, you must have at least one past sailing with Azamara as of February 1, 2023.

WILL THE RECIPROCITY BENEFITS BETWEEN CELEBRITY CAPTAIN’S CLUB AND ROYAL CARIBBEAN CROWN & ANCHOR SOCIETY CONTINUE?

Yes. There will be no change to the reciprocal benefits between Captain’s Club and Crown & Anchor Society.

Something similar has been on the Azamara website for a little over a month.

https://www.azamara.com/loyalty/azamara-circle/transition

• Like 1

Question about the Guest Special Needs Form

We printed out our check-in forms. We'll be on board on Friday October 21. It's quite a big package of paper. Among those papers is a Guest Special Needs Form. One of the things you can fill out is bringing a CPAP or BIPAP machine for sleep apnea. My husband travels with such a machine. We like to let Azamara know, but how? 

Do we fill out the form on paper and hand it over when we embark? Or do we have to mail it to Azamara? Or do we just tell our butler so he/she can provide an extension cord and distilled water?

Anyone with experiences?

Greetings, Jo

5 minutes ago, pmm0317 said:

Quote from Azamara website:

• Select standard spirits, international beers and wine

does standard spirits include a glass of champagne or a glass of mimosa??

There is a fizz (not champagne, but sparkling) in the included wine, and they can/will mix it with fruit juice.

Edited by lisiamc

4 hours ago, Dudeljo said:

Question about the Guest Special Needs Form

We printed out our check-in forms. We'll be on board on Friday October 21. It's quite a big package of paper. Among those papers is a Guest Special Needs Form. One of the things you can fill out is bringing a CPAP or BIPAP machine for sleep apnea. My husband travels with such a machine. We like to let Azamara know, but how? 

Do we fill out the form on paper and hand it over when we embark? Or do we have to mail it to Azamara? Or do we just tell our butler so he/she can provide an extension cord and distilled water?

Anyone with experiences?

Greetings, Jo

Just completed a trip in August on the Pursuit. Had an extension cord and a 1/2 gallon of distilled water waiting for me in my room when I checked in. Just sent them an email to Special_Needs@AzamaraClubCruises.com with the request indicating I use a CPAP and for distilled water and an extension cord if there was no plug near the bed (which there is not in a veranda room). They have a form if other items might be needed that is the link

https://www.azamara.com/life-onboard/accessible-cruising

Edited by luv2travel90266
additional info
  • Thanks 4