Milestone cruises

crows nest club

We did not get breakfast in Sabatinis on our 1000th Princess day cruise. The CC host was not aware of that perk, but we did get flowers, champagne and strawberries. We had already had a bridge tour a few weeks earlier on that same ship, and so didn’t get that either. We were nicely recognized at the CC party and, IIRC, singled out at the Most Traveled Guest cocktail party also.

All in all, we felt very honored and appreciated (if that’s the right word) but I do wish there was some consistency in how (what is supposed to be) a perk is applied across the fleet.

I got a bottle of champagne for being number 3.

Apparently the actual #3 had to disembark part way through the cruise, so I moved up.

I got a congratulations note in my mail box -- addressed to the former number 3.

I got bridge tour, flowers, etc. for hitting 50 cruises.

Since they changed the system, I should be able to hit 500 days shortly.

There's a good chance you'll get the perks again with the 500 milestone recognition, I hit 50 cruises in 2016, and just hit 500 days in June, and received the perks again, except no bridge tour again(?) for the 500 days

We did not get breakfast in Sabatinis on our 1000th Princess day cruise. The CC host was not aware of that perk, but we did get flowers, champagne and strawberries. We had already had a bridge tour a few weeks earlier on that same ship, and so didn’t get that either. We were nicely recognized at the CC party and, IIRC, singled out at the Most Traveled Guest cocktail party also.

All in all, we felt very honored and appreciated (if that’s the right word) but I do wish there was some consistency in how (what is supposed to be) a perk is applied across the fleet.

I agree totally. I hit 500 days on embarkation day of my last cruise. No recognition even though there were OP on this thread who said they were recognized during the cruise when they reached the 500 mark.

I’m on the Crown in Nov so I’m curious if it will happen then. Would only be interested in the bridge tour and the flowers. Not even all that interested in bridge tour. But it’s just that Princess is so inconsistent across the fleet.:o:o

500 days... We won't even hit Elite until the end of next year! If we don't book anything this spring we'll have 154 days after our November 4, 2019 TA from Barcelona to FLL. 500 days seems like a very long way off. I don't think we will ever get there. Ah, well. Congratulations to all who have made that (an other) milestone(s). I am envious but am happy we can cruise at all. :D

I agree totally. I hit 500 days on embarkation day of my last cruise. No recognition even though there were OP on this thread who said they were recognized during the cruise when they reached the 500 mark.

I’m on the Crown in Nov so I’m curious if it will happen then. Would only be interested in the bridge tour and the flowers. Not even all that interested in bridge tour. But it’s just that Princess is so inconsistent across the fleet.:o:o

Since you will not hit a Milestone on your next cruise, I would not expect you to receive any recognition. That should have been on your last cruise

When we reached 500 there was nothing, When we reached our 50th also nothing. 750 days? Uh uh. Then came cruise #75. For that we did get champagne, flowers and breakfast in Sabatini's. 1000 days on the horizon and perhaps I'll fare better than Amarillo/

I think the loyalty OBC is the only thing beyond Elite that is affected by cruise credits.

My understanding is cruise credits will be used as tie breaker if necessary for calculating top 3 and top 40 event if needed

When we reached 500 there was nothing, When we reached our 50th also nothing. 750 days? Uh uh. Then came cruise #75. For that we did get champagne, flowers and breakfast in Sabatini's. 1000 days on the horizon and perhaps I'll fare better than Amarillo/

What is key is the dates you reached these 'milestones', I believe the changeover from cruise credits to number of days was May 2017. If your numbers are the actual sequence being you reach 75th credit after reaching 750 days at sea, and you were recognized with 75th milestone then will you confirm that cruise was prior to May 2017? Thus you would not have gotten recognition for 750 days since the qualification is cruise credits. It has always been one standard, not either or, so when milestone was measured by credits it did not matter how many days which also explains why no recognition at 500 day since the standard was cruise credits. Milestone program is relatively new about same time as 50th anniversary of Princess, so assume you might have reached 50 before program started or circle host did not know. All recognitions are approved by corporate and my understanding is the circle host is usually notified if a passenger will reach a milestone on the current voyage by corporate. Also told the program can be changed, modified, deleted at any time, so when you know you will reach 1000 days, ask the circle host if the milestone program is still active and are you entitled to any 'perks'.

Did you find the flowers to be a little off. We once had some Princess flowers in our cabin & besides smelling strange the dye they used to color them stained the wall of the cabin. :confused:

Yes, our 75th was way prior to 2017. I am aware of when the new system was initiated.

As for the flowers, they were wonderful. Looked just as fresh after 11 days. In fact, we had friends who boarded the day we disembarked and I left those flowers in their cabin.

:):)

Since you will not hit a Milestone on your next cruise, I would not expect you to receive any recognition. That should have been on your last cruise

I’ll let you all know. Going to try and do a live. I did get all the perks for 50 cruises so I’m really good. :)

:):)

I’ll let you all know. Going to try and do a live. I did get all the perks for 50 cruises so I’m really good. :)

If you think you are due a milestone make it a point to go see the host the first day. Whatever system that is supposed to notify the host can't really be counted on. Our last milestone was reached on a cruise in February. I spoke with the host about it and it was an "ah-ha" moment because there was nothing in the system about it. She contacted the office, it was approved and voila!, we had our milestone celebration.

BTW, the flowers were beautiful and lasted through that cruise, we enjoyed breakfast at Sabatini's a couple of times, and also enjoyed the other goodies.

If you think you are due a milestone make it a point to go see the host the first day. Whatever system that is supposed to notify the host can't really be counted on. Our last milestone was reached on a cruise in February. I spoke with the host about it and it was an "ah-ha" moment because there was nothing in the system about it. She contacted the office, it was approved and voila!, we had our milestone celebration.

BTW, the flowers were beautiful and lasted through that cruise, we enjoyed breakfast at Sabatini's a couple of times, and also enjoyed the other goodies.

I will do that. Thanks so much for listening

I did that on our last cruise when we were hitting 750. She knew about us and we had a card inviting us to Sabatini's for breakfast each day waiting in our cabin when we boarded

Sounds like you had one of the better Capt Circle hosts, for sure.

On our last Royal trip the host wasn't really that great. You had to prompt her for just about any answer to a question.

Even getting her to send out invitations for the MTP was an effort on her part & didn't arrive until a 2 days before the event.

She keep telling us she didn't know the numbers yet. Strange woman.

We had a delay getting the MTP invites. It was because there were two embarkation ports. Most (about 600) boarded in FLL, but about 80 got on 3 days later in NYC. The rep had to wait until we left NYC to be sure of who boarded.

That's the reason she keep giving us.

Guess you can't blame her.

Ours told us that when she was new to the job, she did the MTP invites the second day. A couple of days later a woman came to her complaining that she had a blue card but should be Elite. Tuned out the woman was not only Elite, but was #2 MTP. She was sailing alone, so they just added a chair to the Captain's table for the MTP luncheon.

Ours told us that when she was new to the job, she did the MTP invites the second day. A couple of days later a woman came to her complaining that she had a blue card but should be Elite. Tuned out the woman was not only Elite, but was #2 MTP. She was sailing alone, so they just added a chair to the Captain's table for the MTP luncheon.

What would make it even harder if there were more than a few couples who then qualified & the Capt host then had to notify people that they didn't qualify after sending them an invitation.

That would be embarrassing to say the least.

What would make it even harder if there were more than a few couples who then qualified & the Capt host then had to notify people that they didn't qualify after sending them an invitation.

That would be embarrassing to say the least.

That happens more often than you might think. We've seen the ones that were "disqualified" still included in the cocktail party/luncheon but not given the actual award, i.e. champagne, etc. which would go to the actual MTGs.

I was thinking in terms of receiving an invitation or not.

It would be the same thing. Have never known them to withdraw an invitation to lunch or party. If you received one by mistake you are still included. So the “top 40 becomes the top 41” or however many were mistakenly invited.

This is so strange as I asked Princess about this as we are 500 now and hoped for recognition on the next cruise but got this reply

I have looked into your query if guests sailing over 500 nights receive any extra benefits.

I do apologise but you do only receive your elite benefits and your loyalty onboard credits.

There are no other inclusions.

Regarding breakfast in Sabatinis, that is only for suite guests, so is the speciality dining on embarkation day

I went back to them to ensure he knew what he was saying and then got back the following

I do apologise but we also do have a milestones recognition.

Effective with sailings that begin on or after June 1, 2017 special recognition will be provided to guests sailing on their 500th cruise day with Princess and each 250th cruise day thereafter (750, 1000, 1250, etc.). Note: Prior to June 1, 2017 milestone recognition was given for guests sailing on their 50th cruise and every 25 cruises thereafter.

Rewards for guests celebrating a milestone cruise include a bottle of champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries as well as additional recognition on board.

The rewards given to guests celebrating a milestone cruise are subject to change at any time, without notice.

so now we know :):)