Do you love your beach bag? (Random Question)

wenocancer2

I'm searching for a beach bag to take on our cruise in January. I want something I can just take up to the deck to hold my Sail & Sign, books, earphones, sunglasses, sunscreen etc, etc. But I'd also like it to be something easy to carry off the ship.

Also, I think I would like waterproof (or at least resistant) as the deck is always wet from spilled drinks and wet swimsuits.

Anybody have one they love? We live in Wisconsin so we don't have a huge need for beach bags throughout the year so I'd rather not spend a fortune.

I have a beach bag I use here at home, but I don't take that on a cruise. I use our backpack as a carry-on for the ship and on the ship to take things to the pool, for a beach bag for port days when we go to the beach, and to carry things off the ship. One less thing I have to pack, my beach bag would take up a bit of room and I pack for a week in a small suitcase, so space is precious. The backpack gets a lot of use, and it's much easier to carry than a bag.

I have had several over the years, all of them in brightly colored tropical prints. I was looking for a new one because the one I have seems a bit worn, but then I remembered that it sits on the deck on excursion boats and on the sand at beaches, it sometimes holds damp/sticky items, and I myself can be damp and sticky while carrying it back to the ship. So, I decided to keep it for a few more cruises. I like the one I have because it folds flat in my suitcase but can be used to carry home carved or pottery items from ports (cushioned with dirty clothes). I used to have one with a removable bottom that I would hide money beneath; now I take along a paperback or magazine with single bills hidden between pages (just remember which pages, for instance, on Friday I went to the water park with a $10 bill inserted in page 110).

I got this one from Luglife.com just before our last cruise. I got the black with stars, my sister has the pink camo. she took her on the cruise as her backpack (we only travel carryon) and it is currently on the west coast visiting her youngest. It is water resistant and packs into it's own side pocket.

https://www.luglife.com/products/echo-packable?variant=39481365393

I also have two of these packable totes from Lug, and one has been to HMC and Grand Turk as our beach bag. It packs into it's front pocket:

https://www.luglife.com/products/puddle-jumper-packable-carry-all?variant=12109082361929

Both have the strap on the back that you can slide down over the handle of your rolling carryon. M

I have Thirty-One tote that has pockets on the outside and is water resistant. Bought one for tropical/cruise vacations years ago and it is still going strong. Bought a second one recently for our new home at the beach. Not cheap, but sturdy. I bought both at Thirty-One parties, but I imagine they can be found online somewhere.

I have a small waterfly bag. Smaller than a backpack & has only one adjustable strap to sling over shoulder or cross body. It has 2 zippered compartments for a tightly rolled towel, sunscreen, ipad, etc. The smaller of the 2 compartments has a few slots and one zipper pouch for money, chapstick, etc. There's also a clip inside that could be used for keys. Water bottle pouch is on the outside as well as a pouch on the strap. I usually put my sunglasses in it, but some phones would fit in it, too. I think it may be water resistant, but I've never had it get really wet. I usually have it sitting on my lounger or hanging on it, so it's not sitting on the ground.

We also have a couple of those string backpacks that are rubber coated & take those to the pool a lot if we aren't needing to carry a bunch of different items. Hubby has a good sized backpack that he carries into port if we have to carry towels & clothing changes for various activities. That's not very common, though.

I absolutely love my “kyss bag”, google it. It is a little pricey but has a combo lock on it to secure your items on excursions. Very tough, durable, and secure. Comes in several colors and can customize embroidery designs and personalization also. I actually just purchased another size for different occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm searching for a beach bag to take on our cruise in January. I want something I can just take up to the deck to hold my Sail & Sign, books, earphones, sunglasses, sunscreen etc, etc. But I'd also like it to be something easy to carry off the ship.

Also, I think I would like waterproof (or at least resistant) as the deck is always wet from spilled drinks and wet swimsuits.

Anybody have one they love? We live in Wisconsin so we don't have a huge need for beach bags throughout the year so I'd rather not spend a fortune.

Do a search for a water resistant packable daypack. We used to use a large beach bag for our shore excursions. But with beach towels, sun block, bottles of water, and a couple of other things, it got to be a lot for one person (me) to carry. So, about 4 or 5 cruises ago, I bought each of us a packable daypack from Eddie Bauer (but there are several brands to choose from). Now, we each carry our own stuff, whether it's for a day at the beach or a land based excursion.

We got two from a friendly TA. They are essentially nylon shells with a zipper plus a small zip up pocket. They squeeze close into or palms when empty and weigh nothing. Important for us since we both only travel with carry on.

They are inexpensive to be sure. We just packed one in after 5 years of constant travel. Zipper gave way.

we use free Princess totes for towels and dry clothes, and a bigger tote just like them to carry beach toys and floaties for DS. WE usually put wet swimsuits into a plastic bag inside the tote.

We also started using a Sprouts tote (that's a store in the US) for wet swimsuits, since it's waterproof.

The struggle is real, :p I look every trip and nothing ever trips my trigger. We usually end up with the old standby of a good backpack or the duffle. Our duffle has a few pockets, and a lower zip area for wet water shoes or suits. the handles are large enough so it can be worn like a backpack and it also has a long strap to carry over the shoulder. It also doubles as a carryon/ luggage. BUT...I am always on the look out for the perfect bag, someday I will find it.

This is about as basic as it gets, but this one works perfectly for me and folds away to almost nothing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BJGVV4R/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1S1YL11RR1UT5&psc=1

It replaced an inexpensive black bag from Target that I used for 10 years. Made me sad when it finally wore out. That bag traveled a lot of places with me. :)

honestly i use this on my cruises. it is actually a bag for the back of my bicycle. it has a hard plastic bottom that comes up a few inches, so things dont get wet. and it closes on top. i just take it off my bike for the cruise and then put it back on. they had all sorts of designs at my walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Huffy-Cruisr-Expnd-Rearbag/144568775