Steakhouse Price Increase

Luckysll

You're absolutely right, it was the Pine Club. Haven't been to most of these places in ages, they just stand out as having the best food. I had a pretty big region covering 12 states and Western Ohio/Indian always had the best steakhouses for some reason. Always liked going near Lexington, Kentucky as well. Would put some of these places against the best in New York, Chicago or DC.

I just looked up the Golden Lamb, I'm so happy to see that it is still in existence. It looks like it has changed a bit since we used to go there but the atmosphere and history was always part of the draw. Probably went there 10-15 times in the 80s and 90s and I think we saw Pete Rose there 5 times! Didn't see the turtle soup on the menu, don't know whic was better, that soup or their prime rib!

Prime Rib for sure. I am filet girl but Prime Rib at the Golden Lamb was/is a celebration meal since I was a little kid. Fond memories of my Dad full and happy and my Mom going on about the History.

Never had the pleasure of a NY or DC steak house but its nice to know our local places add up.

That would be a death knell for that type of establishment, they're supposed to get it right every time.

It happens...

googlelogo_62x24_with_2_stroke_color_66x26dp.png

Stables Steakhouse

939 Poplar St, Terre Haute, IN 47807

Steak

PLACE DETAILS

Sonni X

2 years ago

It was our first trip to this restaurant and it will be our last. It took 15 minutes for someone to come and ask us what we waned to drink. The water man did come around and filled our water glasses 3 times in those 15 minutes though. I ordered their ribeye and my husband ordered the filet mignon. The steaks were nice and cooked correctly, but it took an hour and a half to get them. Once we did we only had 20 minutes before they were closing. The table next to us was extremely loud. Which I know they couldnt necessary control, but when our waitress has to yell at us for us to hear her and we have to ask more than once what she said it seems like someone should had politely asked them to settle. Unfortunately we wont be returning. The price for meals are much too expensive to give a second chance on.

It happens...

googlelogo_62x24_with_2_stroke_color_66x26dp.png

Stables Steakhouse

939 Poplar St, Terre Haute, IN 47807

Steak

PLACE DETAILS

Sonni X

2 years ago

It was our first trip to this restaurant and it will be our last. It took 15 minutes for someone to come and ask us what we waned to drink. The water man did come around and filled our water glasses 3 times in those 15 minutes though. I ordered their ribeye and my husband ordered the filet mignon. The steaks were nice and cooked correctly, but it took an hour and a half to get them. Once we did we only had 20 minutes before they were closing. The table next to us was extremely loud. Which I know they couldnt necessary control, but when our waitress has to yell at us for us to hear her and we have to ask more than once what she said it seems like someone should had politely asked them to settle. Unfortunately we wont be returning. The price for meals are much too expensive to give a second chance on.

Sorry, slow service does not mean a bad meal, it means slow service.