Steakhouse Price Increase

Luckysll

Posted from John Heald on FB today (Sept 11/18):

So then, let’s talk about our brilliant Steakhouses.

I know one thing people who read this page of ours don’t like is surprises, so I wanted to share that we are making a small adjustment to prices on our Steakhouse specialty dining menu to reflect higher food costs, most especially prime beef prices.

I should mention that this is the first increase in more than five years……….yep, 5 years

Dinner at the Steakhouse will be $38 per person.

That price includes an appetizer, salad, entrée with a choice of sauces, a selection of side dishes and dessert (or cheese plate) and coffee/tea.

And talking about desserts I am happy to say " yippeeeeee the cheesecake is back on the steakhouse menu! "

Yep, you read that correctly, the best cheesecake at sea is back! The beards listened to what you wrote to me about this epic dessert and so ………….it’s back.

There is a children’s menu available for children ages 11 and under at $12.

Family Harbor guest children 11 and under are free.

I have no qualms in saying that a sensational full prime steak dinner with all of the trimmings for $38 is still a brilliant deal and the $3 price increase is very modest.

And of course, specialty dining is an option some of our guests choose, but we serve amazing choices each night in the main dining rooms that are inclusive of the cruise fare. By the way, the Steakhouse selections we offer in the dining rooms remain unchanged at $20

I’m told by the beards that the new prices will go into effect for the Steakhouse around September 20 but bookings will be honored at the existing price.

So there you go.

OMG!! This unacceptable!!! Flailing arms emoji!!!

I keed, I keed...

Yeah, I'm OK with this - less than 10% increase for something after 5 years is well within normal, and if their prices for beef are increasing, then I completely understand.

And I do look forward to the Cheesecake!

We have a Steakhouse reservation for the first night of our upcoming Dec cruise.

I'm totally fine with this. (Especially since we already have our reservation for Nov and it says the old price would be honored! But seriously, I'm fine with it on a going-forward basis too.)

Even better is the return of the cheesecake! It's not the best dessert onboard by any means, but I did think it was the best dessert in the steakhouse. I was looking forward to trying some of the appetizers on the new menu, but none of the desserts really appealed to me. Looks like I'll be getting the cheesecake in Nov!

Even that increase,a good option value.

Most non chain steak houses will charge this for just the steak alone. You add the other items mentioned the same meal equals over double and more.

Willing to bet still going to be someone complaining about the cost of why dine there. Its an option. There were sailings I didn't bother and other like my upcoming cruise I will dine more than one night.

Most non chain steak houses will charge this for just the steak alone. You add the other items mentioned the same meal equals over double and more.

Willing to bet still going to be someone complaining about the cost of why dine there. Its an option. There were sailings I didn't bother and other like my upcoming cruise I will dine more than one night.

Don't forget to add the value of the inclusive meal you would have eaten elsewhere on the ship. I always figured a dinner in the MDR would be about $30 (at least given the appetizers and dessert) on the economy, so that would put the "cost" of the steakhouse dinner to be at least $68.

Even though i don''t eat at the steakhouse (I would rather take that $35 and go for a lunch at the local Brazilian Steakhouse a few months after the cruise), seems like a fair deal and the $3 increase is nothing.

I will not go back to the steakhouse. Last May we went and it was not worth $20.00. We have always gone at least once or twice on every cruise (platinum) but after our last time we will not go back

So does that mean you are ok with the increase or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

there's the spirit.

I will not go back to the steakhouse. Last May we went and it was not worth $20.00. We have always gone at least once or twice on every cruise (platinum) but after our last time we will not go back

I'm assuming you don't eat out often.

I would think they don't care either way since they won't be back.

I'm OK with it. We get stockholder's OBC and in time the OBC will pay for one visit to the steakhouse and that's it. I wonder if, since everything else is going up, will the OBC go up as well? :')

It was my subtle attempt to keep it on topic. We are ok with the increase as well. Still the best at sea imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some things Carnival does truly bother me, eg replacing the decent, included Fish and Chips with the for-fee Seafood Shack, and marketing it as enhanced options. Yeah, right.

This, however, is a straightforward price increase. No loss, just a price increase on an optional item, plenty of warning, and grandfathering anyone with an existing reservation.

Much the same as a price increase for FTTF. No one loses anything, those who are willing pay a little more.

I wouldn't mind the price if it was an adults only restaurant. The last time we went a two-year-old was seated next to us, and it just ruined the ambiance for us. Eating late enough to avoid children isn't an option for us, so we haven't been to the steakhouse in several years.