Steakhouse Price Increase

Luckysll

You missed the point. Fish and Chips was included in the fare. It no longer exists.

The Steakhouse has always been an optional, for-fee venue. Nothing lost by increasing the optional fee.

I bet some people would eat dirt if it was included.

Fish and Chips was replaced with a different included venue. Still the same number of included venues. Some people miss that point.

Seafood Shack is a different venue that also happens to serve a better fish and chips, has an expanded menu, is open longer hours... Some people miss that point.

The closest I'll come to the Steakhouse is the one time I ordered the Filet Mignon off of the MDR menu. DW doesn't like beef all that much and would choose the chicken and I'm not paying that much for chicken. I might order another a la carte steak one day, though.

I'm totally fine with this. (Especially since we already have our reservation for Nov and it says the old price would be honored! But seriously, I'm fine with it on a going-forward basis too.)

Even better is the return of the cheesecake! It's not the best dessert onboard by any means, but I did think it was the best dessert in the steakhouse. I was looking forward to trying some of the appetizers on the new menu, but none of the desserts really appealed to me. Looks like I'll be getting the cheesecake in Nov!

I reservations for Nov also, I am looking at the confirmation and it does not show the price, where did you see that it says old price will be honored?

I reservations for Nov also, I am looking at the confirmation and it does not show the price, where did you see that it says old price will be honored?

John Heald's announcement stated the old price would be honored for existing bookings. From the first post in this thread:

"I’m told by the beards that the new prices will go into effect for the Steakhouse around September 20 but bookings will be honored at the existing price."

John Heald's announcement stated the old price would be honored for existing bookings. From the first post in this thread:

"I’m told by the beards that the new prices will go into effect for the Steakhouse around September 20 but bookings will be honored at the existing price."

Oh ok, John said it I thought it was written somewhere. Thank you

I wouldn't mind the price if it was an adults only restaurant. The last time we went a two-year-old was seated next to us, and it just ruined the ambiance for us. Eating late enough to avoid children isn't an option for us, so we haven't been to the steakhouse in several years.

This kind of thinking boggles the mind. So one time there is an annoying kid, you will NEVER eat there again. You are now assuming every time you go to the Steakhouse there will be a crying 2 year old seated next to you. What about land based restaurants, never seen an adult only restaurant.

Doesn't affect us, you'd have to pay us to eat that garbage again! Don't understand how people complain about the MDR and rave about that place. Missing chromosomes or taste buds or both I guess!

Lol, well that is an answer, another one would be everyone else is correct. That said, it is your cruise to enjoy as you see fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Doesn't affect us, you'd have to pay us to eat that garbage again! Don't understand how people complain about the MDR and rave about that place. Missing chromosomes or taste buds or both I guess!

So..do you want to expand on that comment, or just leave it hanging as the outrageous statement it appears to be?

Why didn't you like it? Beef not cooked to your liking? You are vegan and didn't like their vegetable-based offerings? Shrimp/lobster bad? People next to you were having fun and dammit that can't happen?

Hmmm, there are a good number of posters that say the steakhouse rivals some of the finest steakhouses on land, but that's no reason to insult them.

We love the steak house and a $3 increase is reasonable. Most of our cruises are on ships that do not have steak houses. What I would like to see is the "Steak House Selections" offer the rubbed rib eye steak instead of the New York strip. That would surely be worth $3! How about it, John?:D

I’m also fine with this change. We visited the steakhouse for my son’s 15thbirthday on the Vista, we went early evening so that my 5 year old daughterwould not become cranky mid-way through dinner service. Because we were soearly the venue was almost empty. The ambiance, the décor, the attention todetail, and the 5-star white glove service that is offered makes it worth themoney. The quality of the food was amazing, each course was remarkable.

I reside in Los Angeles, and if you were towalk into any noteworthy steakhouse here, you would pay well over $100.00 perperson for dinner service. I would rank the Vista steakhouse in the samecategory as Morton’s, G. Barton’s, or Flemming’s.

An additional $3.00 is not worth crying over.

So..do you want to expand on that comment, or just leave it hanging as the outrageous statement it appears to be?

Why didn't you like it? Beef not cooked to your liking? You are vegan and didn't like their vegetable-based offerings? Shrimp/lobster bad? People next to you were having fun and dammit that can't happen?

I've ate a ton of lobster in my day, all types, many types of preparations and the stuff they served us was the 4 worst servings I've ever seen in my life. Hubby got the lamb and said it was pretty good but the rest of us had surf and turf and I've honestly had better stuff at Red Lobster. The steak wasn't bad per se, but don't understand why it had an upcharge because the stuff they have in the MDR is just fine and the brunch is pretty good.

I don't want to come off like a snob for saying this, but I used to eat at a lot of steakhouses for work and hubby still has to at least monthly for his job (we'd maybe go a few times per decade on our own dime) and I've got to put it bottom 2 or 3 I've ever had. The sides were not quality, in my opinion which is rare for a steakhouse. I do remember the Caesar Salad was really good but I imagine no one is going to a steakhouse for that. The desserts were fine as well but again, that's not why people go to a steakhouse.

Had a steakhouse selection once in the MDR, got the Ribeye. It was cooked really well but the seasoning ruined a good cut of meat.

There were only 2 or 3 groups there that night and we were having the most fun despite the fish bait in front of us ;)

Posted from John Heald on FB today (Sept 11/18):

So then, let’s talk about our brilliant Steakhouses.

I know one thing people who read this page of ours don’t like is surprises, so I wanted to share that we are making a small adjustment to prices on our Steakhouse specialty dining menu to reflect higher food costs, most especially prime beef prices.

I should mention that this is the first increase in more than five years……….yep, 5 years . .

Prime beef prices, do they in fact use USDA Prime beef?

Last cruise we did not have a steakhouse but we did not miss it. The MDR food was great and I doubt we could have justified the $76+ tip, not to mention giving up whatever the MDR meal was worth.

I do agree that for people who would drop $150 at home on a prime steak dinner for two, it is quite a bargain from that angle... but I gave up fancy expensive steakhouses in my 30's. Been there, done that.

yes, it's Prime and excellent, definitely on par with top steakhouses. Also the Lobster in the Steakhouse is Maine Lobster and Caribbean Spiny lobster is served in the MDR.There is nothing to compare to the MDR because the Steakhouse has the only open flamed broiler on the ship , learned in Behind the Scenes Tour. The MDR bakes 100's of steak, yes bakes. To anyone with any culinary experience, the Steakhouse is far superior to the MDR.