Confused about the new Coffee Cards

Boiler Cruiser

I stopped reading all the posts somewhere on page 2. My comment is that this is why cruising becomes less and less of a vacation draw for us. They have managed to make something as simple as coffee necessitate pages of comments. Almost need a how too or coffee's for dummies manual. 1984, brewed coffee just was how coffee was done. Speciality coffee was paid for at bar made fresh with whatever you wanted. Later alongs comes coffee card simple punch system, card carries on to next cruise no expiration. Now getting a real cup of coffee or a speciality coffee need instructions? Expires at end? On card for that person can't just give wife card to go get herself one of the 15? What a pain in the a.. all over coffee. How I long for you just went on board and didn't need primers and have to fight upsell, etc etc and simply cruised and relaxed.

Can someone scan a copy of their old card(s) and post them here? I’m hearing all these clams with no proof. Also can they post their Passenger Contract for the cruise during which they received (purchased or given)?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here is a picture of the card we got last year on the Coral. They didn't write a date or voyage on the back of it. We are on the CB in two weeks, and going to take it along and hopefully use the punches for brewed coffee as before, when taking a card from one trip to another. We don't much drink specialy coffee's. I don't have a passenger contract from that far back.

31181554828_3a485c673c_o.jpgCCard by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

Here is a picture of the card we got last year on the Coral. They didn't write a date or voyage on the back of it. We are on the CB in two weeks, and going to take it along and hopefully use the punches for brewed coffee as before, when taking a card from one trip to another. We don't much drink specialy coffee's. I don't have a passenger contract from that far back.

Thanks, that helps.

I don’t see anywhere that the Coffee Card Expires at the end of August 2019. Someone is being untruthful. :mad:

The Coffee Card Rebellion Continues,

Tony

You obviously have never read the back of the cards where it plainly says "Unused specialty coffees redeemable on the next voyage"

I interpret that in only one way & anything else is dishonest once the item is sold. The promo packages you're referring to never indicated they would be OK to use on subsequent trips.

If they wanted to be honest and truthful about it they would have let the old cards circulate out of existence instead of just stealing our money.

Agree.

So all of your unused cards have that statement? I have read that many do not.

It also says the next voyage and not every voyage thereafter. But to some there is apparently no difference.

It does seem unusual that so many people would actual purchase more than one card at a time. It is more likely that more people were given free cards that were not used for many years.

If you are on a 25-28 day or longer cruise it would not be hard to use up two coffee cards if both of us use them, which we do. And yes, we have purchased two cards as I am sure others have.

Mine were actually purchased, and if Princess can't figure out which were purchased and which were free, then they should assume all were purchased.

They opened themselves up to a lot of problems with the way they implemented the entire coffee card thing. But why are we now paying for that?

I agree...what does it matter anyway. Those who got them "free" by trading out thier mini bars or those who purchased them, all believed the cards had value and got them in good faith.

They could have just stopped selling them, but still honored any out there in the same way as before. After a while there wouldn't be any out there, but it would have been nice to let it play out.

I don’t see anywhere that the Coffee Card Expires at the end of August 2019. Someone is being untruthful. :mad:

Tony

Well that is a "new rule" that Princess put out there.

BTW, that is not the newest version of the coffee card. The newer one has a green strip on the top that says "premium coffee card", and below that it says "New Grounds"....not that it makes a difference, the old one should still be good.

However, my newer card has the same blurb on the back as the poster above.

BTW, that is not the newest version of the coffee card. The newer one has a green strip on the top that says "premium coffee card", and below that it says "New Grounds"....not that it makes a difference, the old one should still be good.

However, my newer card has the same blurb on the back as the poster above.

I think we still have some of the old playing card style cards.

However, my newer card has the same blurb on the back as the poster above.[/quote

This is what is printed on the back of my cards from my last cruise in January 2018.

This card is valid for 15 specialty coffees & unlimited complimentary coffee/tea at International Cafe & Amuleto. Present this card to be punched when ordering specialty coffee.

*****Unused specialty coffees Redeemable on next voyage.*****

Complimentary coffee / tea only applicable to voyage of purchase.

Old or New Coffee Cards What I highlighted is what is stated (Redeemable On NEXT Voyage)

To me that’s it end of story.

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

Tony

Any coffee card that doesn't specify a date will expire in Aug 2019.

I agree...what does it matter anyway. Those who got them "free" by trading out thier mini bars or those who purchased them, all believed the cards had value and got them in good faith.

They could have just stopped selling them, but still honored any out there in the same way as before. After a while there wouldn't be any out there, but it would have been nice to let it play out.

I agree except that it wouldn't work because of people counterfeiting the cards. They could continue to produce & sell an unlimited supply forever.

Not to say that this practice has been done but it sure would be a simple process with just about any decent color printer & the right card stock.

Any coffee card that doesn't specify a date will expire in Aug 2019.

I agree except that it wouldn't work because of people counterfeiting the cards. They could continue to produce & sell an unlimited supply forever.

Not to say that this practice has been done but it sure would be a simple process with just about any decent color printer & the right card stock.

You have been watching to much TV people counterfeiting the coffee cards. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Tony

You have been watching to much TV people counterfeiting the coffee cards. Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Tony

I continue to ask about your Passenger Contract. A Coffee Card was purchased from Princess Cruise Lines during or as part of a Cruise. Therefore they were purchased under the auspices of the contract you entered into with Princess. What does that contract say about cruise purchases?

I do believe that Princess screwed up when the Coffee Card did not state that the cards were subject to additional terms and conditions. But Princess has a get out of jail free card with the contract you agreed to when you purchased the cruise. It’s not something they want you to know, but it’s there.

This is what is printed on the back of my cards from my last cruise in January 2018.

This card is valid for 15 specialty coffees & unlimited complimentary coffee/tea at International Cafe & Amuleto. Present this card to be punched when ordering specialty coffee.

*****Unused specialty coffees Redeemable on next voyage.*****

Complimentary coffee / tea only applicable to voyage of purchase.

Old or New Coffee Cards What I highlighted is what is stated (Redeemable On NEXT Voyage)

To me that’s it end of story.

Tony

how they got around it on the British Isles Royal Cruise in July was that they crossed out the previous ship's number and wrote theirs in. Never punched card. So I've still got 5 punches on 1 and 15 on the other. Should be amble for a 10 day cruise. Esp if I pick a fav in IC because they usually don't ask for the card for cocoa or drip, just long blacks

I wonder if ebay prompted the change? Trade mini bar for 2, sell online after free use on ship

Anyway, I spend about $30 a week between Sbux & Peets so trading for $35 @ IC is not bad but this time I want Chardonnay

Mine were actually purchased, and if Princess can't figure out which were purchased and which were free, then they should assume all were purchased.

They opened themselves up to a lot of problems with the way they implemented the entire coffee card thing. But why are we now paying for that?

Hopefully you can use your 5 or 20 punches by August 2019 and all will be good.

Not that it makes any difference how any one acquired their cards but we had lots of nonrefundable OBC & decided to purchase the cards since we were told that they would be good on our next cruise.

Since this is no longer the case they should be refunding my money for all my unused cards.

I am not convinced that it was Princess’s intent to allow you and others to try and cheat the gifted nonrefundable OBC system by purchasing 15 coffee cards to sell for profit, transfer, or use forever.

Changing to a digital system is a great improvement.

People tried to “game” (successfully) the previously system. The resultant changes due to the cheating unfortunately potentially hurt some people that had no intention of cheating.

If Princess is generous enough to give you a minibar set up and allow you to trade it in for a couple of coffee cards, then use them on the cruise or just say-no thank you. Same with nonrefundable OBC.

You should realize that I am just having some fun with you and the Rebellion.

By the way, the back of the coffee card posted earlier clearly does not say the the card is good on all future cruises. I would think a statement that says the next cruise means just one other cruise. I am very confident that it was never Princess’s intent to create a system to enable people to do what you and others have done.

I am not convinced that it was Princess’s intent to allow you and others to try and cheat the gifted nonrefundable OBC system by purchasing 15 coffee cards to sell for profit, transfer, or use forever.

People tried to “game” (successfully) the previously system. The resultant changes due to the cheating unfortunately potentially hurt some people that had no intention of cheating.

If Princess is generous enough to give you a minibar set up and allow you to trade it in for a couple of coffee cards, then use them on the cruise or just say-no thank you. Same with nonrefundable OBC.

By the way, the back of the coffee card posted earlier clearly does not say the the card is good on all future cruises. I would think a statement that says the next cruise means just one other cruise. I am very confident that it was never Princess’s intent to create a system to enable people to do what you and others have done.

Since the card doesn't have your name on, they have no way of knowing when you use it the second time if it isn't or isn't your next cruise.

Tony

OK, I'll give you a break.....but your old cards are still no good after 8/21/19.

Feel better. ;p

I continue to ask about your Passenger Contract. A Coffee Card was purchased from Princess Cruise Lines during or as part of a Cruise. Therefore they were purchased under the auspices of the contract you entered into with Princess. What does that contract say about cruise purchases?

I do believe that Princess screwed up when the Coffee Card did not state that the cards were subject to additional terms and conditions. But Princess has a get out of jail free card with the contract you agreed to when you purchased the cruise. It’s not something they want you to know, but it’s there.

Ok, so Princess is also sneaky in addition to being a thief.

I can accept the new electronic coffee cards since I know the rules up front and they expire at the end of the cruise.

If playing by the old rules which are in the fine print, I guess they can recall even the electronic punches in a matter of say 3 or 4 days, if they so choose or if they want just raise the price to 2 punches per cup of coffee.

It's their ship so they make the rules.

That's very true and the way it's worded I should be able to use it on one of my next cruises, not necessarily the very next one either since there is no numbering or date on the cards I have remaining.

OK guys. You've convinced me. I would never EVER continue utilizing a company that systematically ripped me off by not clearly enough stating that terms can change on gifted prior received / unused loyalty perks or onboard purchased benefits. So now that you're bailing from Princess, where are you going? Who else gives free specialty coffee (frappes, long blacks, lattes, capacinos) as a loyalty perk?

FWIW: I'm fine. I'll use up the 20 punches on the Sapphire 11/28/18-12/8/18 and enjoying my free bottle of Chardonnay. Not trying to take an open bottle off the ship even if I don't finish it all :bottle-pop:

Edited by Ombud

This is what I did with 4 of the 5 coffee cards I had left over. Every morning I'd get up a littler than normal go down to the international cafe, get my 16oz. Hot Chocolate and then buy the next 14 peoples morning drink, some people turn me down, they thought it was some kind of scam. I made a whole bunch of new friends and everyone was happy and I was happy that I could give my fellow cruisers a little something to brighten there day. I've got one coffee card left and I intend do the same thing on my next cruise. I can't see why everyone is getting there panties all twisted up over a coffee card.

This is what I did with 4 of the 5 coffee cards I had left over. Every morning I'd get up a littler than normal go down to the international cafe, get my 16oz. Hot Chocolate and then buy the next 14 peoples morning drink, some people turn me down, they thought it was some kind of scam. I made a whole bunch of new friends and everyone was happy and I was happy that I could give my fellow cruisers a little something to brighten there day. I've got one coffee card left and I intend do the same thing on my next cruise. I can't see why everyone is getting there panties all twisted up over a coffee card.
:hearteyes: love it!!

:hearteyes: love it!!

And if we had one more cruise booked before they expire, I would so do that too. If they extend it a year, maybe I will.