Confused about the new Coffee Cards

Boiler Cruiser

And if we had one more cruise booked before they expire, I would so do that too. If they extend it a year, maybe I will.
Just an FYI: Sailed on Star 9/19-10/1. Used three old cards, one with no writing on it documenting ship and voyage. They never said peep. Just did the punches and never wrote anything on the unmarked card. The cards I used we're from 2013 and 2014.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Forums mobile app

Just an FYI: Sailed on Star 9/19-10/1. Used three old cards, one with no writing on it documenting ship and voyage. They never said peep. Just did the punches and never wrote anything on the unmarked card. The cards I used we're from 2013 and 2014.

The only reason there had been to write anything on the back of was to indicate on which voyage the card was purchased and thus limit the free fresh-brewed to that cruise.

No need to write anything on the back now as any card has to have been from a previous voyage and the unlimited fresh brew would not apply anymore.

This is what I did with 4 of the 5 coffee cards I had left over. Every morning I'd get up a littler than normal go down to the international cafe, get my 16oz. Hot Chocolate and then buy the next 14 peoples morning drink, some people turn me down, they thought it was some kind of scam. I made a whole bunch of new friends and everyone was happy and I was happy that I could give my fellow cruisers a little something to brighten there day. I've got one coffee card left and I intend do the same thing on my next cruise. I can't see why everyone is getting there panties all twisted up over a coffee card.

Well at least Princess didn't get to benefit by your stolen punches.

This is what I did with 4 of the 5 coffee cards I had left over. Every morning I'd get up a littler than normal go down to the international cafe, get my 16oz. Hot Chocolate and then buy the next 14 peoples morning drink, some people turn me down, they thought it was some kind of scam. I made a whole bunch of new friends and everyone was happy and I was happy that I could give my fellow cruisers a little something to brighten there day. I've got one coffee card left and I intend do the same thing on my next cruise. I can't see why everyone is getting there panties all twisted up over a coffee card.

Great idea!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Forums mobile app

Ok, I admit I may be milking this. But since you had an unmarked card, did they give you free brewed coffee or just what one gets with using a punch?

TIA

Just returned from the Emerald and my first experience with the new coffee card system.

It worked ok but you have to ask the barista how many coffees you have left, would be good to show it on your account. In the dining room however our lattes were not taken off our "card" but charged to our account.

I dont like the new system but I can see why they changed it.

Just returned from the Emerald and my first experience with the new coffee card system.

It worked ok but you have to ask the barista how many coffees you have left, would be good to show it on your account. In the dining room however our lattes were not taken off our "card" but charged to our account.

I dont like the new system but I can see why they changed it.

Did you get that corrected?

To enjoy the card order Frozen coffee drinks or Speciality Coffees and buy a liquor to add then enjoy the afternoon.

The coffee cards we had on our March cruise had an expiry date of December 31, 2018. We used them first before our older cards that are undated.

Princess has gone cardless with the soda and drink packages so why not with the coffee. It is all about controlling costs and liabilities. As well, Princess has given you almost a year and a half to use your old cards.

If you still have partial or unused cards now, then you are just going to have to book another cruise. Problem solved.

That's very true and the way it's worded I should be able to use it on one of my next cruises, not necessarily the very next one either since there is no numbering or date on the cards I have remaining.

Certainly reasonable to assume that you could, since that is what Princess was actually allowing. Although that does not mean it was Princess’s intent or is it’s obligation, as you are learning.

The intent is now very clear that the cards will not be good after August 2019.

Certainly reasonable to assume that you could, since that is what Princess was actually allowing. Although that does not mean it was Princess’s intent or is it’s obligation, as you are learning.

The intent is now very clear that the cards will not be good after August 2019.

We've been shortchanged before by Princess but this was the first time I've actually felt screwed because of the way it was described when given to everyone.

Live & learn I guess.

To Caribill: no, I didnt bother since I knew we would go over our fifteen anyway on this 10 day voyage. I am sure it would have been an easy correction but next time I will be sure to alert the waiter to charge it to our "card". Still prefer the old system though.

Another negative though is that Elite (just turned after this voyage) who are non drinkers and want to change out the minibar for two coffee cards will lose out since cards expire at the end of the voyage and it's pretty tough to drink 30 coffees in seven days!

To Caribill: no, I didnt bother since I knew we would go over our fifteen anyway on this 10 day voyage. I am sure it would have been an easy correction but next time I will be sure to alert the waiter to charge it to our "card". Still prefer the old system though.

Another negative though is that Elite (just turned after this voyage) who are non drinkers and want to change out the minibar for two coffee cards will lose out since cards expire at the end of the voyage and it's pretty tough to drink 30 coffees in seven days!

Two people can’t drink $62.00 worth of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and speciality drinks in 7 days? That’s what the coffee card is worth. And it’s free to an Elite. It’s a free perk. Get over it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Two people can’t drink $62.00 worth of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and speciality drinks in 7 days? That’s what the coffee card is worth. And it’s free to an Elite. It’s a free perk. Get over it.

You keep indicating that it's free when in fact you've paid dearly for those coffee's.

Is the food they serve you in the DR & buffet free? Are the towels free? What about the lotion & soap?

When they begin to charge individually for everything on the ship and give you 2 coffee cards without any charge then I'll consider it free.

You keep indicating that it's free when in fact you've paid dearly for those coffee's.

Is the food they serve you in the DR & buffet free? Are the towels free? What about the lotion & soap?

When they begin to charge individually for everything on the ship and give you 2 coffee cards without any charge then I'll consider it free.

Please read the quoted post I was responding to. The commenter was discussing Elite passengers that can opt to take a coffee card in lieu of a free liquor bar set up. They don’t pay extra of it, it’s a perk of being an elite passenger. That said, the idea is the same. You claim you paid dearly for the cards, how so? The question is: can you drink $31 (per passenger) worth of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and specialty coffees during a cruise. The ‘15’ is the upper limit of speciality coffees that you may receive. The new coffee package nor the old coffee cards never guaranteed that you would get 15 speciality coffees.

If you are not happy with it, try to sue Princess or try another cruise line.

You could always change it to an unlimited soda card if you're into sodas and/or hot chocolate.

Tom

I suppose that you also feel that airlines reward flights (with the exception of taxes and misc. charges) are not free?

Or the buy five of something and get one free specials offered by coffee shops or fast food restaurants? How about buy one/get one free?

You can always change your “complimentary mini bar set up” for all water or all soda.

Bottom line is that you paid nothing for the benefit that the cruise lines decided to offer to repeat guests. You get it and most other people paying the same price for their cruise do not.

As you know the free benefits associated with the program can be be changed without any notice, for any reason, at anytime, to anything, by Princess.

Does all this really bother you? Too bad because it just might affect your enjoyment. You can be confident that any Princess changes are not personally directed at you.

Agree.

It’s interesting how some of those who are most upset by the change are also the ones who boast about using rum runners to smuggle booze onboard & carrying glasses of wine to the dining room from fee free bottles to avoid paying corkage. :rolleyes:

Both of these violate Princess rules & they see no problem with doing it but get incensed when Princess changes a policy. :confused:

Edited by Astro Flyer

It’s interesting how some of those who are most upset by the change are also the ones who boast about using rum runners to smuggle booze onboard & carrying glasses of wine to the dining room from fee free bottles to avoid paying corkage. :rolleyes:

Both of these violate Princess rules & they see no problem with doing it but get incensed when Princess changes a policy. :confused:

Astro Flyer,

I don’t smuggle booze onboard & carrying glasses of wine to the DR from fee free bottles to to avoid paying corkage!! I don’t drink liquor at all. But I think it’s wrong what Princess is doing. People paid for a coffee card

That says. “ The punches on your card will be good for your next cruise”. Well your next cruise may not be until after August 2019. So to me Princess lied and are cheating people out of their money. I don’t think you should be calling people Smugglers!!! Just because they are complaining about being Cheated and Lied to.

The Coffee Card Rebellion Continues,

Tony

Astro Flyer,

I don’t smuggle booze onboard & carrying glasses of wine to the DR from fee free bottles to to avoid paying corkage!! I don’t drink liquor at all. But I think it’s wrong what Princess is doing. People paid for a coffee card

That says. “ The punches on your card will be good for your next cruise”. Well your next cruise may not be until after August 2019. So to me Princess lied and are cheating people out of their money. I don’t think you should be calling people Smugglers!!! Just because they are complaining about being Cheated and Lied to.

The Coffee Card Rebellion Continues,

Tony

Thanks Tony but I only wrote that some who are unhappy about the change are smugglers which certainly doesn’t apply to you. I respect your opinion even though I feel differently.

But some who repeatedly brag about smuggling booze & carrying glasses of wine to the dining room are very upset about the coffee card change...but that’s not you.

Edited by Astro Flyer