Confused about the new Coffee Cards

Boiler Cruiser

We have purchased coffee packages for our up coming 14 night cruise (Ocean Medallion boat). Supposing I drank all 15 specialty coffees in 12 days, does anyone know if I could still get free brewed coffee for the last 2 days or would my account be voided? Thanks for any help.

The Terms and Conditions of the Coffee Package states: “The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, AS WELL AS complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.” ‘AS WELL AS’ means ‘in addition to’, so you can continue to purchase brewed coffee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another question -

Next year we are booked on a back-to-back that is only sold as two separate cruises. If we buy the cards for the first cruise, will the unused punches expire at the end of that segment, or carry on to the next segment? The first segment is only 6 days and the second is 14. We would not be able to use all the punches during the first segment.

Thanks

Don

The Terms and Conditions of the Coffee Package states: “The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) DURING THE VOYAGE OF PURCHASE, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.” It goes on to state, “The coffee package is valid only on the voyage for which it is purchased. If the maximum number of coffees pre-purchased are not used during the voyage, the remaining value will NOT be credited or refunded and is NOT transferable for any purpose.”

If the cruises are only sold separately than you CANNOT use the 1st card. But before you decide, remember that specialty coffee can be shared, and the coffee package only costs $31 plus gratuities. Can you drink more than $31 worth of coffee etc in 6 days?

OK, how much per punch?

There are a couple ways to do it. If it's 15 punches for 35.00 then the the value is about 2.33 per punch left, so 23.30

That would follow California gift card rules. (In CA, which btw, is where Princess is HQed, gift cards can't expire).

I supposed if they wanted to used the amount paid, rather than the value of the punches, you'd take the average value of the drinks. So let's say it's 2.50 per drink. The person with 10 punches has used 5*2.50 = 12.5. 35-12.5= 22.5

Either way would be fine with me.

Since we bought 15, and are only getting part of that, Princess has stolen our money.

At this point, we're not sailing Princess for about 6 months after they expire, and by then I'm sure either there will be a class action suit, or someone will have taken it to a consumer advocate.

There are a couple ways to do it. If it's 15 punches for 35.00 then the the value is about 2.33 per punch left, so 23.30

That would follow California gift card rules. (In CA, which btw, is where Princess is HQed, gift cards can't expire).

I supposed if they wanted to used the amount paid, rather than the value of the punches, you'd take the average value of the drinks. So let's say it's 2.50 per drink. The person with 10 punches has used 5*2.50 = 12.5. 35-12.5= 22.5

Either way would be fine with me.

Since we bought 15, and are only getting part of that, Princess has stolen our money.

At this point, we're not sailing Princess for about 6 months after they expire, and by then I'm sure either there will be a class action suit, or someone will have taken it to a consumer advocate.

Princess may have it’s headquarters in California, but the ship is no registered in America and sails under a different flag. Also once outside the USA limits, Maritime Laws apply. You could not operate a duty free shop if ruled by California law.

How can you suit when the agreement you signed allows Princess to change the rules at any time? Read your Contract of Passage and the Terms and Conditions of your coffee agreement.

Princess may have it’s headquarters in California, but the ship is no registered in America and sails under a different flag. Also once outside the USA limits, Maritime Laws apply. You could not operate a duty free shop if ruled by California law.

How can you suit when the agreement you signed allows Princess to change the rules at any time? Read your Contract of Passage and the Terms and Conditions of your coffee agreement.

The terms and conditions were changed already on most of the cards, I get that. (as far as brewed coffee goes)The T&C of my beverage package were changed. However, saying you're going to change a program is not the same as saying you're not going to honor a purchase.

And I don't know exactly if buying a card falls under maritime or CA law. I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV.

Does anyone know how this new policy will affect those of us who are Elite and choose to change out the mini bar for 2 coffee cards (in the past)?

Thanks,

msk1

They load the package onto your cruise card(s). I believe if there are two of you in the cabin, you each get one "coffee card" loaded onto your account.

The terms and conditions were changed already on most of the cards, I get that. (as far as brewed coffee goes)The T&C of my beverage package were changed. However, saying you're going to change a program is not the same as saying you're not going to honor a purchase.

And I don't know exactly if buying a card falls under maritime or CA law. I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV.

IMO.......Nothing to do with CA.

That totally bites....I have 10 punches left on my card & my next Princess Cruise isn't until Sept. 16, 2019

Princess LIED to everyone when they said your Coffee Card was going to be good on your next cruise.

I wonder how much money Princess is going to make on this?? There has to be a LOT of coffee cards out there with punches on them. Thanks again Princess for taking good care of your loyal passengers.:mad:

The Coffee Card Rebellion Continues,

Tony

Does anyone know how this new policy will affect those of us who are Elite and choose to change out the mini bar for 2 coffee cards (in the past)?

Thanks,

msk1

I can tell you exactly how it worked 3 weeks ago when we boarded the Regal. Once I was in our cabin I simply telephoned Room Service (they actually answered) and asked to swap out our mini-bar for coffee cards. The Room Service person asked me for our "Folio Numbers" which is a 4 digit number on each cruise card. Once I gave him the numbers he said that the coffee card benefit would be added to our accounts that same day and somebody would stop by the cabin to clean our our mini-bar. Could not have been easier.

With the new system I am not so sure I would actually buy a coffee card/credit package if we were paying real money. The mini-bar is no big deal for us, so trading it is fine.

Hank

We have purchased coffee packages for our up coming 14 night cruise (Ocean Medallion boat). Supposing I drank all 15 specialty coffees in 12 days, does anyone know if I could still get free brewed coffee for the last 2 days or would my account be voided? Thanks for any help.����

Yes, the free brewed coffee is available even if all of the "punches" are used up.

Another question -

Next year we are booked on a back-to-back that is only sold as two separate cruises. If we buy the cards for the first cruise, will the unused punches expire at the end of that segment, or carry on to the next segment? The first segment is only 6 days and the second is 14. We would not be able to use all the punches during the first segment.

I assume that your two bookings are linked so Princess computers know you will be on for two segments. Usually your on-board account is carried over from the first segment to the second segment. (Verify at the Purser's Desk that this will be done for you. Don't bother asking about the coffee "card" at the Purser's Desk as I am 99% sure they have no idea how it works in your situation.)

There has been a post from someone who had the same situation you are having and found that since her on-board account was carried over, so was the coffee "card" and the fresh brewed as well as unused punches were available for the second segment. Your experience may not turn out to be the same, but it very well could be. When the second segment starts, any place that serves coffee can read your cruise card and can tell you if the coffee "card" is still there.

With Princess now deciding to steal our money from unused coffee cards it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they stopped giving out the unlimited brewed coffee once all the 15 Specialty coffees were used up. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

They aren't stealing anything. Just like promos or packages you purchased, princess has the right to change or end at anytime and I am pretty sure that it was stated somewhere when purchased. Once purchased, it is on the consumer to use the card completely before it may end.

They aren't stealing anything. Just like promos or packages you purchased, princess has the right to change or end at anytime and I am pretty sure that it was stated somewhere when purchased. Once purchased, it is on the consumer to use the card completely before it may end.

You obviously have never read the back of the cards where it plainly says "Unused specialty coffees redeemable on the next voyage"

I interpret that in only one way & anything else is dishonest once the item is sold. The promo packages you're referring to never indicated they would be OK to use on subsequent trips.

If they wanted to be honest and truthful about it they would have let the old cards circulate out of existence instead of just stealing our money.

New to Princess and following this Coffee package thread, the main point I come up with, I take it there aren't any coffee makers in any rooms or suites on Princess cruises.

Your correct there aren’t any coffee makers in any rooms or suites on Princess Cruise.

Tony

You obviously have never read the back of the cards where it plainly says "Unused specialty coffees redeemable on the next voyage"

I interpret that in only one way & anything else is dishonest once the item is sold. The promo packages you're referring to never indicated they would be OK to use on subsequent trips.

If they wanted to be honest and truthful about it they would have let the old cards circulate out of existence instead of just stealing our money.

So all of your unused cards have that statement? I have read that many do not.

It also says the next voyage and not every voyage thereafter. But to some there is apparently no difference.

It does seem unusual that so many people would actual purchase more than one card at a time. It is more likely that more people were given free cards that were not used for many years.

So all of your unused cards have that statement? I have read that many do not.

It also says the next voyage and not every voyage thereafter. But to some there is apparently no difference.

It does seem unusual that so many people would actual purchase more than one card at a time. It is more likely that more people were given free cards that were not used for many years.

First, since the cards don't have your name on it, I think most are correct in thinking next can mean subsequent.

Here's how we have several partially punched cards. Once in a while, forgetting to bring them.

On longer cruises, I drink the brewed, DH drinks the specialty. We get one card - he uses the specialty I drink brewed, so a new card. (And it's NOT the same thing as sharing a beverage package - one brewed at a time).

Since it's a price for a specific number of things, they should honor the number of things. Or do some sort of refund. We paid for 15 coffees, and now they are telling us we can only get the 5 we already used. How is that fair?

And, as mentioned, most of these cards were purchased before they limited the brewed to the voyage purchased on, so the terms were changed. But punches are not the same.

First, since the cards don't have your name on it, I think most are correct in thinking next can mean subsequent.

Here's how we have several partially punched cards. Once in a while, forgetting to bring them.

On longer cruises, I drink the brewed, DH drinks the specialty. We get one card - he uses the specialty I drink brewed, so a new card. (And it's NOT the same thing as sharing a beverage package - one brewed at a time).

Since it's a price for a specific number of things, they should honor the number of things. Or do some sort of refund. We paid for 15 coffees, and now they are telling us we can only get the 5 we already used. How is that fair?

And, as mentioned, most of these cards were purchased before they limited the brewed to the voyage purchased on, so the terms were changed. But punches are not the same.

Very logical if the cards were actually purchased. It does not seem fair.

But I still believe that a vast majority of the unused cards were not purchased at all and they were a free gift.

But I still believe that a vast majority of the unused cards were not purchased at all and they were a free gift.

Mine were actually purchased, and if Princess can't figure out which were purchased and which were free, then they should assume all were purchased.

They opened themselves up to a lot of problems with the way they implemented the entire coffee card thing. But why are we now paying for that?

Not that it makes any difference how any one acquired their cards but we had lots of nonrefundable OBC & decided to purchase the cards since we were told that they would be good on our next cruise.

Since this is no longer the case they should be refunding my money for all my unused cards.

Can someone scan a copy of their old card(s) and post them here? I’m hearing all these clams with no proof. Also can they post their Passenger Contract for the cruise during which they received (purchased or given)?

Hi Fred,

I don’t know how to post a picture of my Coffee Card.

This is what is printed on the back on my cards from my last cruise in January.

This card is valid for 15 specialty coffees & unlimited complimentary coffee/tea at International Cafe & Amuleto. Present this card to be punched when ordering specialty coffee.

Unused specialty coffees Redeemable on next voyage.

Complimentary coffee / tea only applicable to voyage of purchase.

Tony