Confused about the new Coffee Cards

Boiler Cruiser

I have seen so many threads and comments about the new coffee cards on Princess that I am now thoroughly confused...so please forgive me for any unintended redundancy.

I have a few questions:

1. I understand that the new "coffee card" is not a card at all, rather an account added to your cruise card. Correct?

2. Does the new coffee card get you unlimited cups of brewed coffee during your cruise?

3. Can I use the new coffee card to get 2 cups of brewed coffee (ie at the International Café) at one time?

4. Where on the ship will I need the new coffee card to get a cup of brewed coffee?

5. Will my wife and I each have to get a "coffee card", or will one suffice? Under the old system we used to get just one card and use it for both of us.

Thanks. Your responses will help me, and perhaps others, who might be confused, understand the new coffee cards better and how they can be used.

get the coffee package in the name of the person who will drink the most brewed coffee..

two brewed coffees at the same time, on one card, will cost you one of your 15 allowed...maybe...;p

depends on the ship

Just to clarify, I'm not concerned about the 15 Specialty Coffees that are allowed on one card. We do not use those much, if at all.

I am talking about the unlimited brewed coffees you get with the purchase of a "coffee card".

I have seen so many threads and comments about the new coffee cards on Princess that I am now thoroughly confused...so please forgive me for any unintended redundancy.

I have a few questions:

1. I understand that the new "coffee card" is not a card at all, rather an account added to your cruise card. Correct?

Correct

2. Does the new coffee card get you unlimited cups of brewed coffee during your cruise?

Yes, for the card holder only

3. Can I use the new coffee card to get 2 cups of brewed coffee (ie at the International Café) at one time?

Probably not since it is for the card holder only.

4. Where on the ship will I need the new coffee card to get a cup of brewed coffee?

International Cafe on most ships, maybe some other locations on some other ships

5. Will my wife and I each have to get a "coffee card", or will one suffice? Under the old system we used to get just one card and use it for both of us.

The 15 specialty coffee drinks can be shared, the unlimited coffee is for the card holder only. Unused specialty coffees expire when you disembark.

Thanks. Your responses will help me, and perhaps others, who might be confused, understand the new coffee cards better and how they can be used.

See above

In case you are unaware, Royal Class ships have free brewed coffee from grounds in the buffet area. The quality of the grounds is not quite as good as the grounds used in the International Cafe, but try it out, you may like it.

The coffee package is for the person who purchased it.

You can let anyone get a coffee/specialty drink with one of the 15 free specialty drinks included with the package.

You could get a brewed coffee and your wife could use a punch for the other brewed coffee.

Thats how it is supposed to work. Can it be handled differently while onboard? Yes.

However, I don't think they would prevent the cardholder from getting one brewed coffee, taking it to a table, then getting back in line for another "unlimited" brew. With the old coffee card, on multiple ships, I've never had a problem with getting two brewed coffees at a time...

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Forums mobile app

However, I don't think they would prevent the cardholder from getting one brewed coffee, taking it to a table, then getting back in line for another "unlimited" brew. With the old coffee card, on multiple ships, I've never had a problem with getting two brewed coffees at a time...

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Forums mobile app

The coffee package is now like the soda and more package and the premium beverage package. The terms and conditions specifically state “Pre-purchased specialty coffees may be shared, but complementary brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate continue to be limited to the purchaser.”

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The coffee package is now like the soda and more package and the premium beverage package. The terms and conditions specifically state “Pre-purchased specialty coffees may be shared, but complementary brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate continue to be limited to the purchaser.
Don't know how much clearer Princess could make it.

Yes, Princess is very clear, but the staff is still unclear.

Wife orders a tea and the staff almost always ask if I want my regular brewed coffee or another tea. Only once or twice has any staff member ever picked up the card or now even scanned the cruise card. It seems once they know a passenger has a package they don’t want to bother with the few passengers who will complain or jump in line again for a second freebie. OR It might be because I’m sooooo good looking ?

Edited by neverbeenhere

I have a few questions:

Answers

1st, don’t call it a coffee card, they are gone. It’s a coffee package.

1. Yes, it’s a credit on your cruise card account.

2. Yes, unlimited brewed coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, but only for the person that bought the package. Brewed coffee, tea, and hot chocolate can not be shared with another passenger.

3. Not sure, but my guess is no. I see someone said the. 2nd coffee will go against the 15 coffee count but I don’t know. The other thing is if you both have cards and you brewed coffee you both have to go get it. One of you can’t go down to the cafe and get a coffee for both of you. Maybe if you get friendly with the guys at the cafe.

4. You need the coffee package anywhere coffee is sold. So not in the MDR or buffet. It’s needed in the International Cafe or any bar that brews coffee.

5. It depends, if you both drink a lot of brewed coffee, tea, and hot chocolate then yes. But if one of you wants just a special coffee, including espresso and limits them to a total 15 specialty drink, then one package will do. How long is your cruise?

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The other thing is if you both have cards and you brewed coffee you both have to go get it. One of you can’t go down to the cafe and get a coffee for both of you.

Only one person has to go, but needs to take both cruise cards that have the package on them. After the staff recognizes that person, probably can get two coffees without showing any cruise card.

One thing to consider, if you're getting it for the brewed, is how much you will really drink. I think a large is (last time I looked) either 1.75 or 2.00. If so, you'd need to drink over 15 across the cruise to make it worth it. I don't know how much you drink, or how long the cruise is, but make sure that you'll drink the cost of the card.

Also note that early in the early mornings they usually provide brewed coffee at the IC to anyone even without a coffee package or card.

Never knew that.

In the past we used to need two cruises to use up card so for second cruise just automatically went up to Horizon for coffee.

Will have to give that a try on our next cruise

Hi,

I have the old paper coffee card purchased 11/2016. I still have 10 cups available, can I use the card for my 11/2018 cruise

Punches are valid providing your card meets the following conditions as mentioned under Princess Beverages Packages. https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/

• Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.

• 2 weeks later...
Punches are valid providing your card meets the following conditions as mentioned under Princess Beverages Packages. https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/

• Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.

That totally bites....I have 10 punches left on my card & my next Princess Cruise isn't until Sept. 16, 2019

That totally bites....I have 10 punches left on my card & my next Princess Cruise isn't until Sept. 16, 2019

We also have several cards with punches. I’m hoping that once people start complaining that Princess took what they paid for there will some kind of compensation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also have several cards with punches. I’m hoping that once people start complaining that Princess took what they paid for there will some kind of compensation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not that I don't agree with you but I feel it'll never happen. :(

I doubt that they would even let you turn them in for a few bottles of water.

We have purchased coffee packages for our up coming 14 night cruise (Ocean Medallion boat). Supposing I drank all 15 specialty coffees in 12 days, does anyone know if I could still get free brewed coffee for the last 2 days or would my account be voided? Thanks for any help.

Another question -

Next year we are booked on a back-to-back that is only sold as two separate cruises. If we buy the cards for the first cruise, will the unused punches expire at the end of that segment, or carry on to the next segment? The first segment is only 6 days and the second is 14. We would not be able to use all the punches during the first segment.

Thanks

Don