Choice air - low one way prices to/from Europe..GONE?

ghstudio

Pricing is also very route sensitive. In May we returned from a T/Q with additional ten days in Switzerland. I searched many options for the return. Settled on a great EZAir option from ZRH to FLL via JFK. It was $500 less each than similar flights from Munich, Frankfurt, Geneva, etc., back to FLL via NYC. Routing makes a huge difference. Also check code shares at the code share airline itself. Year and a half ago we flew to Ushuaia for an Antarctic cruise departing Miami via Buenos Aires. Delta's price was triple (yes, 3 times) what Aerolineas Argentinas was asking for the same seat on the same flight/airplane.

Happy.....I called Choice Air and was able to arrange my one way ticket

next May. I got the exact business class ticket I wanted for the price I wanted. If you haven’t talked to them directly...give it a try. The pricing on line is really strange.

Happy.....I called Choice Air and was able to arrange my one way ticket

next May. I got the exact business class ticket I wanted for the price I wanted. If you haven’t talked to them directly...give it a try. The pricing on line is really strange.

Good to hear. Do you mind sharing what the price for your flight was on the website vs the price you got by calling them?

Could this be a case of IT strikes again?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I kinda hope so. It would mean that low cost business class airfare is still the norm. Funny how I've just assumed that good fares would be available when booking cruises (and they always have been in the past). This news really concerned me as non-discounted business class airfare can easily exceed the cost of the cruise itself.

Don’t give up. Call choice air. If you are quoted fares that seem too high, call again to speak to another rep. Based on prices I was seeing on the choice air website, I was prepared to cancel our Edge TA. There was no way I was going to book economy air tickets that cost more than our cruise fare! Knowing which flights I wanted, and knowing the prices on both the airline sites & the choice air site, I called choice air. The first rep quoted me a price of over $4k per person for economy, which I declined! Thankfully, the second rep had experience with repositioning cruises, and quoted me an economy fare of just under $1k for the two of us. I then had to go to the United site to upgrade our long flight to economy plus for $300. We have IAD to FLL in economy, and LHR to IAD in economy plus for $1,300 total. These are nonstop flights.

Edited by Silkroad