Golden and Star moving to P&O Australia

chamima

We've sailed twice on Star but never on Golden. It's good that we have a cruise booked on Golden for next May. It's only a 7 day cruise (sigh...) but it's the southbound portion of a 15 day connoisseur cruise tour. I just wish the cruise portion was longer. 10 days is really the minimum for a decent cruise. At least we will get to sail Golden before she goes away to P&O.

We have sailed on both ships in the past. It appears as though we will be on the Star for the last time next year. Personally we prefer the Ruby/Emerald and the later Royal/Regal ships better. We were not that enamored by Skywalkers hung over the stern shading the lido deck below.

We have sailed on both ships in the past. It appears as though we will be on the Star for the last time next year. Personally we prefer the Ruby/Emerald and the later Royal/Regal ships better. We were not that enamored by Skywalkers hung over the stern shading the lido deck below.

Taking a dip during a fierce thunderstorm at Nha Trang while being protected by the Skywalker was a highlight for me.

Ummm... What Skywalk? I think you may have your ships confused. (But then I am often confused so it could be me...)

Edit: Oh! Did you mean Skywalker's? If so it's on plenty of other ships.

Yes, that Skywalker thingie. :D

Diamond and Caribbean also have it I think? My only Princess cruise was years ago on Island, before her butchering. :loudcry:

Golden was my first cruise, Star was my last Princess cruise (until we get on the Pacific Princess in December). The Star to Hawaii was my favorite cruise yet (4 Princess/4 Royal Caribbean cruises under my belt) because of the itinerary, the captain and the ship itself. DH and I were wondering how we were going to celebrate our 30th anniversary and after learning that the Star was leaving the fleet, we decided to book a Pacific Wine Cruise in April 2020 and splurge on a Penthouse Suite for the very first time! Seems the proper way to say goodbye (to the ship, not the hubby!!).

Yes, that Skywalker thingie. :D

Diamond and Caribbean also have it I think? My only Princess cruise was years ago on Island, before her butchering. :loudcry:

Diamond and Caribbean both have a skywalkers. It was not eliminated until they built the Royal and then her sister ships. However it is also not on the panamax ships and small ships.

For my part they can send the Grand in the Golden's place but then even P&O does not want her. The Grand was our first two cruises before they had to remove Skywalkers.

I would take the Sapphire and Diamond over the Star and Grand any day of the week.

Absolutely. Although we had a great cruise on the Star on her inaugural voyage. Didn’t really like the Golden when we sailed her.

Diamond and Sapphire are our favorites. Second are the Regal and Royal

We've had 3 Princess cruises. Our first, and still favorite among all our cruises, was on the Star, a Baltic cruise. Our second Princess cruise was on the Golden in Alaska. And our third was on the Ocean Princess, long since sold, in the British Isles.

I guess they will all be gone soon.

Edited by ontheweb
punctuation

Diamond and Caribbean both have a skywalkers. It was not eliminated until they built the Royal and then her sister ships. However it is also not on the panamax ships and small ships.

For my part they can send the Grand in the Golden's place but then even P&O does not want her. The Grand was our first two cruises before they had to remove Skywalkers.

I have read in many posts people don't like Grand or Star that much and Sapphire on the other hand seems very well liked. Are they very different other than the Skywalkers? I thought all Grand class ships were more or less the same?