New Drink Packages coming to Celebrity?

chamima

Having more flexible “build your own” packages would be nice IF it meant the possibility of lower prices if you don’t take all options. I don’t drink beer, wine or coffee, so the perfect package for me would just be liquor, water and soft drinks. Some only drink wine, some only beer. More options is a good thing. Although honestly in the bigger scheme of things just making all drinks included across the board and binding into the pricing ongoing would be the best thing. Same goes for Internet. So tired of all the add-on extras and “free” perks gimmicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While I was completing the survey, I often came back to the phrase "Captain's Club Beverage Pkg"....the Bev. Pkg. perk is one offered with your cruise booking and for which you pay more than base price. I'd really like to know why the survey refers to CClub in many questions. It couldn't have been referring to the CC happy hour as the survey mentioned 'upgrading to premium beverage pkg', etc. Do you think they're considering replacing the cruise perk with one which will be offered at a reduced price to CC members and perhaps priced according to level of membership?

While I was completing the survey, I often came back to the phrase "Captain's Club Beverage Pkg"....the Bev. Pkg. perk is one offered with your cruise booking and for which you pay more than base price. I'd really like to know why the survey refers to CClub in many questions. It couldn't have been referring to the CC happy hour as the survey mentioned 'upgrading to premium beverage pkg', etc. Do you think they're considering replacing the cruise perk with one which will be offered at a reduced price to CC members and perhaps priced according to level of membership?

That's exactly what I was thinking and why I started this thread.

One question was what would we be willing to pay for a drink package - I wish I could do the answer to that one over again if it was referring to a Captain's Club benefit.

Not sure if it applies to all their itineraries but my TA provided me with pricing the other day for Hawaii that included with or without perks. So baseline pricing was available for that cruise. Doing the math, for us, the perks were a very good deal.

But the perks were not free, as =X= advertises. They are included if you pay more.

I assume they are thinking that many Elites and above do not get a package because they get free drinks before dinner. So maybe a reduced price for packages to increase their revenue. If people think they’re getting a deal over everybody else they’ll probably buy it.

But the perks were not free, as =X= advertises. They are included if you pay more.

Does anyone actually believe they’re free? The difference in price, though, was considerably less than the perks’ actual worth so for us a good deal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are elite and don't drink alcohol until happy hour. We don't want the expensive drink package that inflates the overall price. Also, we don't buy bottled water, soda or expensive coffee.

Celebrity, please allow baseline pricing again. Your prices are becoming highly inflated. Even your formerly inexpensive transatlantic cruises have become so expensive.

The big box stores offer prices on almost all Celebrity cruises without a package. Hope this helps

I have tried that option with the cruises that I have booked in recent years and the option doesn't work for me. I am a veteran, elite, Senior, it just doesn't happen on those cruises. What we find is that Repo or TransAtlantic cruises were not bundled and we got some good prices.

Unfortunately, checking TransAtlantics for the future, prices have really gone up. Celebrity is becoming non-competitive.

Celebrity is not the only cruise-line that has raised their prices. They all have. I am not loyal to any cruise-line, I go for itinerary and price point. I usually cruise SOLO and I like Celebrity. But... I am in my mid fifties and retired and have a lot catching up to do. So I need to watch my bottom line.

For what it’s worth, those of you that have reached Elite and higher... you deserve every perk you can get. You have payed for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what it’s worth, those of you that have reached Elite and higher... you deserve every perk you can get. You have payed for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Although I have to admit that some past cruisers had it easy with getting loyalty points. If you could cruise 4 or 5 day cruises, at one point you got as many points as someone on a 10 day cruise. It was too easy to get to Elite.

Now Celebrity has done a 180 and it seems very hard to me (unless you can afford suites) to get to Elite.

We got the majority of our points sailing in inside cabins. So even though it took us a while back then, it was still easier than it would be now.

Thankfully when they did the conversion we ended up in Elite+.

The big box stores offer prices on almost all Celebrity cruises without a package. Hope this helps

I just checked and that is true, However, depending on the length of the cruise, the package can be a better deal. I did a test on my 14 night Asia cruise in 2020 and they will deduct $170 per person if I book without any perks. However, tips alone would be worth more than that (plus Celebrity is currently offering 2 perks, so just take OBC if you don't want the drink package). On the other hand, I checked a 7 night Caribbean cruise for next year (not on Edge) and they wanted another $250 per person, which is not a good deal if you're only getting one perk.

I just checked and that is true, However, depending on the length of the cruise, the package can be a better deal. I did a test on my 14 night Asia cruise in 2020 and they will deduct $170 per person if I book without any perks. However, tips alone would be worth more than that (plus Celebrity is currently offering 2 perks, so just take OBC if you don't want the drink package). On the other hand, I checked a 7 night Caribbean cruise for next year (not on Edge) and they wanted another $250 per person, which is not a good deal if you're only getting one perk.

I agree, for us, we've been booking with the perks & upgrading to Best. We only take a big trip every 18 months or so, although we occasionally throw in a short 7 or 8 night holiday cruise. So when we do go, we like it to be all inclusive. The thing is, I see a lot of complaints about being forced into perk pricing, & I just wanted to point out that non perk pricing is available, if you look around. :)

I agree, for us, we've been booking with the perks & upgrading to Best. We only take a big trip every 18 months or so, although we occasionally throw in a short 7 or 8 night holiday cruise. So when we do go, we like it to be all inclusive. The thing is, I see a lot of complaints about being forced into perk pricing, & I just wanted to point out that non perk pricing is available, if you look around. :)

Non perk pricing: do a dummy booking. On the perk page ie go better, go best look toward the bottom right corner and there is a link that says “no thanks” click on that to get the no perk pricing.

Non perk pricing: do a dummy booking. On the perk page ie go better, go best look toward the bottom right corner and there is a link that says “no thanks” click on that to get the no perk pricing.

Not true for all cruises on Celebrity's website. If the cruise and category you select is offering , two free perks for a balcony the price is the same whether you select "add to stateroom" or "no thanks" .

Back to the survey, I wonder if this might be a consideration for a level between Elite Plus and Zenith. Either way, it'll be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

Hope so..... wonder where the points divider will be.

I looked up Celebrity's ship history and if they ever do introduce a new level, I think it would be nice to choose a name for it like Meridian (X's first ship) or Horizon (X's first newbuild). Those are lovely sea-themed names with a Celebrity history.....and then maybe they could choose one of them to rename Elite Plus. :D

Survey

Got a 2nd notice to complete the bev pkg survey, so did. We have gotten both the classic and premiums as "perks", but I only go for the packages after doing the math-usually choose prepaid grats for a longer cruise and the OBC for a shorter one + the classic. On our TA last fall we did fall for the Premium package during a half-price sale- definitely convenient to have a package, but for our upcoming repo cruise from Chile to San Diego we have no package.

Do not want to have Celeb eliminate the Elite happy hour and let them know that as firmly as possible. On that TA we had coupons for the 1st time and loved being able to enjoy happy hour in the Sky Lounge with great people we'd met who were and were not Elite. We also bring wine aboard as it is great to have it in our cabin to enjoy whenever.

I like being able to have premium coffees, virgin marys, an occasional beer and a Baileys or Grand Marnier. Oh and wine of course.