Move up process

andymattmom

I actually wonder if the Move Up emails actually relate to actual availability but instead are an automatic random selection mail for each sailing nearer to sail date. Then if they need to fill such a category, for some unforeseen reason, they have some 'offers' on standby to pluck from.

I sail in less than three weeks, looking at my cruise online it has shown sold out on all cabins for a while but I have now received two Move Up email which listed just about every cabin offered that was higher than mine. So, if I was to bid and not get the offer accepted, I would be thinking it wasn't likely due to my bid but instead due perhaps not even having such availability. I know they (and travel agents) may hold rooms back but at this late date I wouldn't think anything would have suddenly opened/released.

It was nice to get the email though, first time ever, to see what it was that others were receiving.

I actually wonder if the Move Up emails actually relate to actual availability but instead are an automatic random selection mail for each sailing nearer to sail date. Then if they need to fill such a category, for some unforeseen reason, they have some 'offers' on standby to pluck from.

I sail in less than three weeks, looking at my cruise online it has shown sold out on all cabins for a while but I have now received two Move Up email which listed just about every cabin offered that was higher than mine. So, if I was to bid and not get the offer accepted, I would be thinking it wasn't likely due to my bid but instead due perhaps not even having such availability. I know they (and travel agents) may hold rooms back but at this late date I wouldn't think anything would have suddenly opened/released.

It was nice to get the email though, first time ever, to see what it was that others were receiving.

Your experience was similar to mine.

I received two Move Up emails with options to bid on all the cabins in a higher category...and the website was showing 'sold out' in every single one. The minimum bids were also crazy high, in my opinion.

We are in an aft concierge room on the Summit, deck 8 - so very deep balcony in a great location. The minimum bid to move up to a suite was $1000pp...and the suites (when available) were offered for only $700pp more than what we paid for our C1. The pricing seemed off, and of course I saw no availability.

I let the opportunity pass...

Your experience was similar to mine.

I received two Move Up emails with options to bid on all the cabins in a higher category...and the website was showing 'sold out' in every single one. The minimum bids were also crazy high, in my opinion.

We are in an aft concierge room on the Summit, deck 8 - so very deep balcony in a great location. The minimum bid to move up to a suite was $1000pp...and the suites (when available) were offered for only $700pp more than what we paid for our C1. The pricing seemed off, and of course I saw no availability.

I let the opportunity pass...

Ironically the first email offer all the rooms were relatively high all the way up to penthouse, I am in a balcony. Second offer again high but I had to take a second look when I noticed the Penthouse offer started at $200 CAD pp and think the highest end was $600. Hahahahahaha, clearly a mistake as a balcony to penthouse for that little .. as if. All the others below that catebory were 1000 and up. How many penthouse rooms are there anyway and as if one would be sitting available this late. Funny. Oh and it's a 10 night sailing!

Still laughing.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app