New Cruise Critic design is too light and hard to read

53 minutes ago, sppunk said:

The font isn’t too light but rather too thin. It’s a poor choice for a forum-based font.  

This is going to quickly spiral out of control.

Being able to customize font colors, size, etc. is a recipe turning into absolute craziness.

2 minutes ago, boulders said:

My eyes are hurting after 5 minutes. The font is awful.   Where's the buttons to increase size or add color? I don't see them. 

Probably depends on device you're using..  On desktop, they are across the top of the compose field.  

@rtkenmore I was going to quote you, but I just thought that it would be mean to other users. :classic_cool:   I'm on a laptop, so I should be able to see everything that's on a desktop. 

The only options to me are bold, italic and underline. This current post is written just in italics and underline. Somehow they make the post more bold. 

Edited by boulders

2 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

PLEASE fix the font!  It's too light and too small.  Those of us with middle-aged eyes can hardly read it.  And it's also making my eyes hurt!! End of pleading.  But seriously!!  

I agree, I have a lot of trouble trying to read this small, light print.  Please make it larger and darker.  Thanks in advance!

3 minutes ago, boulders said:

@rtkenmore I was going to quote you, but I just thought that it would be mean to other users. :classic_cool:   I'm on a laptop, so I should be able to see everything that's on a desktop. 

The only options to me are bold, italic and underline. This current post is written just in italics and underline. Somehow they make the post more bold. 

If you can see the B, I, U for bold/italics/underline...  You should be able to see the size and color options as well.  They are all in the same row of options.

Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikethrough, Link, Quote, Insert Code, Emoji, Bullets, Numbered Lists, Align Left, Align Center, Alilgn Right, Text Color, Text Size and finally Preview.

Screenshot 2018-10-16 11.39.03.png

Edited by rtkenmore

Also, like others I can't see the pictures attached to posts, and I see everybody's long, long signatures with all the cruises they have taken.  I used to have that disabled.  I also use a desktop computer, and I find the new font way too small and light for my eyes.  In addition, the background is super white, making the tiny light gray print even harder to read.

I guess there is no Font choice. I'm using bold. I'm using a character size of 16!

I'm unable to single space. I'd rather have a choice of font rather than strikethrough .

Have a great trip - by copying and pasting, I can change font.

I'm sure things will improve.  :classic_rolleyes:

Fontless Dave

Yes, the font colors are too light on the CC site, and they should be changed via a patch.  Ever device will work differently, and so it's not possible on many devices to change it.  For example, on my LAPTOP (using Windows 7 😞  ), you can only change the background brightness.  That does work but then the screen is so bright that it's hard on the eyes.  

I agree font and size and color is really bad.  

Also would be nice to have the highlighted color back on the threads that we have read.

The sad part is I have seen all this happen before on a Florida Fishing Forum and today that site is a skeleton of what it once was.  

4 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I know how to change the fonts for my posts, but I don't want to have to make changes each time I post. Also, that doesn't solve the problem of reading other people's posts who don't use a different font.

Agreed!

1 minute ago, rtkenmore said:

Oh, now if I can't use an app on my iPad, that's going to really suck.

Just add a link to the Forum to your home screen using the browser, just click on the Share icon, then add link to home screen.  You don't need the app to access it on your iPad.

You might already know how to do that, but just incase you don't or someone else reading doesn't know how.

2 hours ago, rtkenmore said:

If you can see the B, I, U for bold/italics/underline...  You should be able to see the size and color options as well.  They are all in the same row of options.

Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikethrough, Link, Quote, Insert Code, Emoji, Bullets, Numbered Lists, Align Left, Align Center, Alilgn Right, Text Color, Text Size and finally Preview.

Screenshot 2018-10-16 11.39.03.png

Well we can’t. No matter what you say, it ain’t there.  CC gets a big fat 0 for this roll out.  It is absolutely terrible and not user friendly.  What were they thinking?