Michaels Club

crash3x

32 minutes ago, iSailor said:

I like the idea Michael's Club only open to Zenith members of the Captain's club once they revolutionize the Solstice Class ship.

That will prevent over crowding by the Zeniths in the Suite Lounge.

I have heard complain from poster mentioning over crowding in MC was caused by Zeniths.

Well if you want to single anyone out, then historically speaking it was allowing Sky Suites access to the lounge a while back that is the cause of any overcrowding.  

Phil

49 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Well if you want to single anyone out, then historically speaking it was allowing Sky Suites access to the lounge a while back that is the cause of any overcrowding.  

Phil

There was a suite passenger on RCL Bashing the Top Tier saying they were over crowding the Suite lounge on Symphony Of The Sea last month.

I hope this never happen to Celebrity Ship.

I think after the revolution the name Michael's Club goes away.  There will only be a Suite Lounge allowing all suite guests and Zenith CC members.  On most ships that lounge is speculated by some to be located in the current Sky Observation Lounge with the current Michael's Club space being converted to something else.  Not a given at this point-just an often discussed speculation.  The new Edge Class ships are going to have a Suite Lounge (no Michael's Club) in the Retreat area in a similar space to the Sky Lounge fueling the speculation.  

On 10/20/2018 at 8:06 PM, Northern Aurora said:

We have had access to MC when in Sky and Celebrity Suites, and now that we turned Zenith use this venue frequently.  For example, we just returned home last night from 28 nights on the Millennium, and were in MC at least three times daily during that time onboard.  I have never been told, on any ship,  that we could not take a beverage (for us) out of MC, and see folks doing so almost every time we are there.  MC is very different from the Elite and Elite+ nightly cocktail gathering.

Northern Aurora congrats on making Zenith!  We met you last year on Summit (Canada/NE).  You were in the cabin next door to our cabin on Deck 6.

14 minutes ago, iSailor said:

There was a suite passenger on RCL Bashing the Top Tier saying they were over crowding the Suite lounge on Symphony Of The Sea last month.

I hope this never happen to Celebrity Ship.

That was on the RCCL President's Cruise on Harmony of the Seas which has 6000 passengers and that particular cruise had a very large number of Pinnacle members (similar to Zenith level on Celebrity).  I believe that regular cruises on Oasis class ships with a suite lounge don't normally have this issue.  If Pinnacle members sail Celebrity I do not believe they get Zenith status. They would only have access to the Suite amenities if they booked a suite.

I find it interesting that only one person ever posted that they were denied removing a drink from MC and that has been taken by some as the rule. Its not! It was one isolated case!

Also one person hears a person complain about top tier passengers on RCCL and that information is taken as Gospel. Do some complain about Zeniths? I'm sure some do. Have I ever heard anyone complain? No! Most people I have encountered are very interested in the Zenith program and often ask about cruise destinations I would recommend. A number of folks who always take Suites, including Celebrity Suites and above have recently become Zenith. I don't know if its much of a reach to claim that their conversations with Zenith in MC put them on that tract. Some people will always be envious and jealous of what others may have, but that's their problem. 

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

That was on the RCCL President's Cruise on Harmony of the Seas which has 6000 passengers and that particular cruise had a very large number of Pinnacle members (similar to Zenith level on Celebrity).  I believe that regular cruises on Oasis class ships with a suite lounge don't normally have this issue.  If Pinnacle members sail Celebrity I do not believe they get Zenith status. They would only have access to the Suite amenities if they booked a suite.

There was also a thread the pinnacle members would like the reciprocity with Celebrity as Zenith to solve their over crowding.

That was even mention recently by Michael Bailey during the President's cruise and approved the idea.

I've said this before so excuse the repeat of information. Royal Caribbean initially wanted to match all Loyalty levels, but Celebrity refused cited as the reason that they would be overwhelmed by the number a Pinnacle members. The cost would have been high for Celebrity both in terms of dollars and service. I wonder how Pinnacles receiving Zenith benefits would "solve the overcrowding" problem on Royal?  I guess that some might believe that since the Zenith benefits are so superior to Pinnable benefits large swarms of loyal Royals would make their way to Celebrity. I see no evidence that that is happening now. 

49 minutes ago, Orator said:

Most people I have encountered are very interested in the Zenith program and often ask about cruise destinations I would recommend. A number of folks who always take Suites, including Celebrity Suites and above have recently become Zenith. 

How would people even know what Captain's Club level you are unless you told them or they saw your room key?  It’s just never been a topic of conversation as far as I’m concerned which is why it’s odd when others complain there are Zeniths overcrowding Michael’s.  How would they know?  It’s not as if Zeniths wear badges like Pinnacle members do (and don’t even start me on what I think of that).

phil

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

How would people even know what Captain's Club level you are unless you told them or they saw your room key?  It’s just never been a topic of conversation as far as I’m concerned which is why it’s odd when others complain there are Zeniths overcrowding Michael’s.  How would they know?  It’s not as if Zeniths wear badges like Pinnacle members do (and don’t even start me on what I think of that).

phil

You are correct when you say that very few Zeniths wear pins. Very few Zeniths show their cards as well  Zenith members are often introduced at Captain's Club Celebrations and become known. 

There are still fewer than 350 Zeniths.  Even a cruise popular with Captain’s Club members, like the current Reflection transatlantic,  has only 24 Zeniths. The previous cruise had 11.  Most have two-four.  They are not likely to be the cause of overcrowding in Michael’s Clubs 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

There are still fewer than 350 Zeniths.  Even a cruise popular with Captain’s Club members, like the current Reflection transatlantic,  has only 24 Zeniths. The previous cruise had 11.  Most have two-four.  They are not likely to be the cause of overcrowding in Michael’s Clubs 

It's a complete red herring probably born out of jealousy.  I still don't know how they would know who was Zenith.

Anyway, Celebrity sure have made a good decision to include all the suites in Michael's now.  You can just look at the price they charge for Sky Suites to realise how much value people seem to attach to having their own private club.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

1 hour ago, Orator said:

You are correct when you say that very few Zeniths wear pins. Very few Zeniths show their cards as well  Zenith members are often introduced at Captain's Club Celebrations and become known. 

34 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It's a complete red herring probably born out of jealousy.  I still don't know how they would know who was Zenith.

Anyway, Celebrity sure have made a good decision to include all the suites in Michael's now.  You can just look at the price they charge for Sky Suites to realise how much value people seem to attach to having their own private club.

Phil

yes, we have never worn our Zenith pins, nor have we seen anyone else wearing theirs.  Most of the crew are made aware of the Zenith members on any cruise, but we have never shown our cards to fellow passengers.  On our last Equinox Cruise there were 14 Zenith, on this Infinity cruise there are just 4.  Other passengers would only know you are Zenith if they went to the Celebration when you were identified as  Top Cruiser.  Zenith Members are in no way overcrowding Michael's.

15 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

yes, we have never worn our Zenith pins, nor have we seen anyone else wearing theirs.  Most of the crew are made aware of the Zenith members on any cruise, but we have never shown our cards to fellow passengers.  On our last Equinox Cruise there were 14 Zenith, on this Infinity cruise there are just 4.  Other passengers would only know you are Zenith if they went to the Celebration when you were identified as  Top Cruiser.  Zenith Members are in no way overcrowding Michael's.

Yes, at the end of the day, who cares?  In spite of what some will say they do care and have to let you know their "status".  It’s the same with some of the suite snobbery as well.  Plenty of that around.  It’s really quite amusing.  

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

2 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes, at the end of the day, who cares?  In spite of what some will say they do care and have to let you know their "status".  It’s the same with some of the suite snobbery as well.  Plenty of that around.  It’s really quite amusing.  

Phil

On a return to RC last year after cruising  X for several years were surprised in both the suite and Diamond lounge that there was definitely more focus when generally chatting on both loyalty status and ‘suite level’....

Like yourself we found it amusing! Especially when my son and I called in the Diamond lounge one afternoon for a coffee and were challenged by a fellow guest that we shouldn’t be in there as “You come from England and so can’t possibly be Diamond.....”. 

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil

I agree. I have never had a UK guest ask us but I have met several including CC posters on several lines who either let me know their status or ignored me because of my lack of status along the way. 

My response to how many cruises have you done on this line is along the lines of our kids think too many as it’s knackered their inheritance. 

To be honest we binned our pins when we got them as we’d never wear them. 

I also hate the focus of some that you can only cruise in a suite and have secret perks. We’ve cruised in everything but an inside and all are good for what we paid for and our circumstances at the time. 

• Like 1

In many cruises on Celebrity traveling in suites I have never felt that Michael's Club was over crowded on M or S class.  An occasional wait of a few minutes for a table at Luminae at peak times but not too often.  I have never been in a conversation with anybody in Michael's who identified themselves as Zenith or even wore a pin.  It is a totally different vibe IMO from the RCCL Diamond Club and Suite/Concierge Lounge.  There are occasionally a few (not all) self-entitled Pinnacle members but we are mostly all just people who enjoy cruising and like to mingle with others that share our passion. .  Most people in suites on most Celebrity cruises have a premium drink package so I think that keeps the pressure off of Michael's Club.  I will personally never reach Zenith or Pinnacle since I split my cruises between the two lines.  Who cares really?

1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I did dine with a lady once who wore her Zentih pin every day.  She said it was the most expensive piece of jewelry her late husband ever got for her🙂

It’s a very sentimental piece of item.i will do the same.

i always bring my ring that my love one left me whenever I go for cruises.

it felt like my love still with me.