ms Nieuw Amsterdam in FLL and Eurodam in San Diego October 21, 2018

Scrapnana

Nieuw Amsterdam will be making her first FLL visit of the season.  She will be at Pier 26 (port to) from 0530-1700.  She is going on a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise.

44227588755_df2721d7b6_z.jpg

Sunday, October 21

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Monday, October 22

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Tuesday, October 23

At Sea

Wednesday, October 24

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Thursday, October 25

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

Friday, October 26

Cozumel, Mexico

Saturday, October 27

At Sea

Sunday, October 28

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Also in port are Adventure of the Seas at Pier 29 (departs at 1730), Allure of the Seas at Pier 18 (departs 1630), Carnival Conquest at Pier 4 (departs 1600), and Island Princess at Pier 2 (departs 1600).

The PTZtv webcams can be found at https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/  and https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/.

For those of you who can deal with the webcam, Eurodam will be in San Diego from 0700-1700.  Eurodam will be doing a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise.  The webcam can be found at http://sundiegolive.com/. 

For the addicts:  Rotterdam will be in New York City on 10/22 from 0700-1700 (http://www.nyharborwebcam.com/ http://www.portnywebcam.com/).  Zuiderdam will be in Port Canaveral on 10/23 from 0800-1900 (https://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com/ ).

Next up:  Zuiderdam on 10/24.

Edited by Scrapnana

It will  be a very busy day watching the ships.  Sunday appears to be the really serious start of the 2018-2019 Winter Season for Port Everglades.

I am curious about the itinerary of Adventure of the Seas with her appearance in Port Everglades.  Sailing from Port Canaveral on Saturday, is Fort Lauderdale a port of call and/or a port of embarkation/disembarkation for future sailings?

3 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

It will  be a very busy day watching the ships.  Sunday appears to be the really serious start of the 2018-2019 Winter Season for Port Everglades.

I am curious about the itinerary of Adventure of the Seas with her appearance in Port Everglades.  Sailing from Port Canaveral on Saturday, is Fort Lauderdale a port of call and/or a port of embarkation/disembarkation for future sailings?

She will be doing 6-8 day Caribbean cruises out of Port Everglades until May when she will be based in NYC.

3 minutes ago, Scrapnana said:

She will be doing 6-8 day Caribbean cruises out of Port Everglades until May when she will be based in NYC.

Thanks for the information.  It has become difficult to follow the itinerary changes for ships of all of the cruise lines when no printed brochures are available.  HAL still prints their Cruise Atlas, for which I am grateful, but, I have noticed no offers to have a separate 2019 Alaska brochure to be requested.

Thanks for the heads up. We really like the incoming Nieuw Amsterdam itinerary. Hoping that HAL has this on the itinerary for our 30th wedding anniversary in 2021. (Hint, hint in case anyone at HAL is reading this.) 

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Every time I watch in the morning, all I see is the bridge view.  BOO!!

I think you're looking at the Ft. Lauderdale camera.  For sail-ins, I think you need the Port Everglades camera.  Regrettably i was not up in time this morning but plan to be here for sailaway, watching both the HAL ships and Celebrity with Boytjie.

Roy

2 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Every time I watch in the morning, all I see is the bridge view.  BOO!!

Also FLL SE usually has the harbor-view - even though a farther view - it's better than the bridge. About 8am SE switches to panning that we are used to seeing.

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I think you're looking at the Ft. Lauderdale camera.  For sail-ins, I think you need the Port Everglades camera.  Regrettably i was not up in time this morning but plan to be here for sailaway, watching both the HAL ships and Celebrity with Boytjie.

Roy

Boarding was a breeze. Ouside it is more than breezy - and chilly!

Arrived at 10:38 am, boarded at 10:58. Cabins not ready till 1 pm. I miss my dam ship!  Oh, everything else so far is good. All the pushing beverage packages is annoying. 

Appears to be a picture perfect day in FLL/PE for their first mass start 🤓 Have a great trip Peter, and not too much party hardy :classic_laugh:That San Diego webcam pales in comparison to the Florida ones. Time to get going on cams for the west coast lower 48, PTZ boys!

2 hours ago, Boytjie said:

Boarding was a breeze. Ouside it is more than breezy - and chilly!

Arrived at 10:38 am, boarded at 10:58. Cabins not ready till 1 pm. I miss my dam ship!  Oh, everything else so far is good. All the pushing beverage packages is annoying. 

Were you posting from your phone.  One Issue I've had on Royal Caribbean was that when I bought the wifi package the code to use it was in my room so I couldn't get online until the rooms opened up.

I just checked the weather as shown on the PTZ link and see gale warnings.  I hope the weather works for you.

Roy