computers to use for free on Allure?

jean-lynd

We haven't cruised on Royal Caribbean for 14 years.  They used to have some computers in the library that you could use for short periods of time for free.  Do they still have these?  We would like to be able to check emails once or twice during the week and we will need to check in for our flight home.  Don't want to pay for WIFI all week just to do these things.

Thanks for your help!

52 minutes ago, jean-lynd said:

We haven't cruised on Royal Caribbean for 14 years.  They used to have some computers in the library that you could use for short periods of time for free.  Do they still have these?  We would like to be able to check emails once or twice during the week and we will need to check in for our flight home.  Don't want to pay for WIFI all week just to do these things.

Thanks for your help!

No free usage of computers, will have to pay for min of a 24hr period just to log on that day. Log on another day would have to pay another 24hr period. Only free on them is Royal Caribbean site.They never been free to check mail except if you are Diamond or above, then you get a day free or reduced package. Years ago they had some free minutes to use any day or days as Diamond...

Edited by ONECRUISER

8 hours ago, jean-lynd said:

Thanks for your help!

never were free

6 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Sorry...a dumb question from an inexperienced flyer......

how do people print their boarding passes?

Or is that a thing of the past?

You can pay for one day of internet and use the guest computers to print boarding passes.  Some ships have a reduced cost option on the last day for this purpose.  

You can always print boarding passes at the airport.  If you fly Southwest, I suggest you pay the ($20 now) extra fee for Early Bird so that you are automatically checked-in.

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You can pay for one day of internet and use the guest computers to print boarding passes.  Some ships have a reduced cost option on the last day for this purpose.  

You can always print boarding passes at the airport.  If you fly Southwest, I suggest you pay the ($20 now) extra fee for Early Bird so that you are automatically checked-in.

$25  now

Edited by cruisinfanatic

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

Thing of the past.

You can use your phone, print one at at kiosk at the airport or get one from an agent when you check your luggage.

2 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Thanks all!!   

We are Diamond so we get a free day of internet, so that will work.

You can also use the $$ value of that perk to reduce the overall cost of a cruise-long surf or stream package if you intend to use your computer more than one day.

Question for Bob or John.  Do any of the suites on Royal have computers for the use of the guest?  When we sailed in Celebrity Suite on Connie we had a computer in our cabin, thus I did not have to get dressed and leave the cabin.  We had Grand Suite on Jewel and on Majesty and have Grand Suite on Enchantment Nov. 5 but have never seen a computer in a GS.  Maybe I need to Suite Up.

5 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Question for Bob or John.  Do any of the suites on Royal have computers for the use of the guest?  When we sailed in Celebrity Suite on Connie we had a computer in our cabin, thus I did not have to get dressed and leave the cabin.  We had Grand Suite on Jewel and on Majesty and have Grand Suite on Enchantment Nov. 5 but have never seen a computer in a GS.  Maybe I need to Suite Up.

I've not seen computers in any of Royal's suites or staterooms.

7 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Computers and printers are free, but not the internet.  Some years ago when initially sailing on Oasis they had a kiosk by GS which RCL allowed you to print your boarding pass gratis.  You could ask GS or a fellow passenger for a favor and see where it goes, otherwise you need to purchase a internet package. 

4 hours ago, Snit13 said:

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I've not seen computers in any of Royal's suites or staterooms.

Nor have I.   Well, there was a brief moment in time when the Oasis came out.  They had keyboards that were supposed to work with the TV (as computer monitor).  They didn't work very well, and were removed eventually.

13 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Nor have I.   Well, there was a brief moment in time when the Oasis came out.  They had keyboards that were supposed to work with the TV (as computer monitor).  They didn't work very well, and were removed eventually.

Now that you mention it, I remember iPads for a very short time.  We had one on Enchantment once. 

13 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

You're right.  I tried to use them in my cabin, but clumsy and not working right.  I wonder if this was the pre-curser of the I/A TV.

Edited by nelblu
spelling

19 minutes ago, nelblu said:

You're right.  I tried to use them in my cabin, but clumsy and not working right.  I wonder if this was the pre-curser of the I/A TV.

Those keyboards came after the interactive TV.   I know the IT people hate the interactive TV system, it is apparently a real pain to keep up and they would like to find an alternative.  Those keyboards were one alternative.  The iPads where another.  I suspect at some point they will just have a phone app.

while suites themselves do not have computers, the Suite or Concierge Lounge might.  not sure if they are free to use, or are set up to print boarding passes from the major airlines  at no cost, but  most Lounges do have at least one computer in it.

Once, I lurked around the computers, and asked someone if I could use their access to get my passes printed.  I was granted access by a kind, sympathizing fellow passenger.  Most other times, we've either had Luggage Valet or had wifi paid for.

So, yes, someone may let you use theirs, but not guaranteed.