“Live from: Z and TB’s Fall Foliage Extravaganza”

Zqueeze1

rcandkc,

I looked on the first page and there it was - JVilleGal was the key.And then I saw the title.  I have no idea how I missed it before.

Anyway, it's been a while since the last posting and I'm still hoping that someone will post. Not likely though.

Thanks for your patience.

I don't know where you are in Texas but we're getting snow - not too much so far - in New York.

Peggy

1 hour ago, xrvlcruiser said:

rcandkc,

I looked on the first page and there it was - JVilleGal was the key.And then I saw the title.  I have no idea how I missed it before.

Anyway, it's been a while since the last posting and I'm still hoping that someone will post. Not likely though.

Thanks for your patience.

I don't know where you are in Texas but we're getting snow - not too much so far - in New York.

Peggy

I was just in nyc along with Z and TB on a very rainy day and then a glorious day on day 2.  Would love to see the snow.  It was very cold here on Sunday when we got home...but Texas...today was sunny and 60. 😎

Glad you found the roll call.  I also think there might be a person on our cruise that is continuing.  

Cold in Texas is not the same as cold in the North East  I lived in South Texas for a number of years!

I hope you had fun in NY.

We're supposed to have rain tonight so the snow actually stuck will be gone by morning.

If there is someone on your cruise continuing on, I hope s/he posts.

And thanks again!

Peggy

Hello @Zqueeze1 and the forum!

I know i’m a little late to the party but I stumbled upon the blog looking to read more about Regent as me and my wife are looking to take a vacation soon. I’m from Boston, but currently reside in South Florida, GO RED SOX (sorry, had to). What a great read and hope we can converse about your expertise on these trips! Z I saw you mentioned fort lauderdale and would love to hear any cruise suggestions you have!!! Thanks so much!

-Dr.Mario

12 hours ago, Yachterotter said:

Hello @Zqueeze1 and the forum!

I know i’m a little late to the party but I stumbled upon the blog looking to read more about Regent as me and my wife are looking to take a vacation soon. I’m from Boston, but currently reside in South Florida, GO RED SOX (sorry, had to). What a great read and hope we can converse about your expertise on these trips! Z I saw you mentioned fort lauderdale and would love to hear any cruise suggestions you have!!! Thanks so much!

-Dr.Mario

Doc:

The best thing about cruising out of Ft Lauderdale is that it is definitely not Miami. It is a lot easier to disembark and leave the port. In my case, it is a quick 30 min ride versus 45 min to Miami cruise port. One can overnight near Las Olas or SE 17th Street and find great accommodations and food. I only wish that Regent would switch back to Ft Lauderdale from Miami. But, then again, It’s all about me. 😛

i hope I answered your question. If not, feel free to ask away and we should be able to get you an answer. 

Z and TB

I totally disagree - I find the Regent/Oceania terminal at Miami a LOT nicer and far more user friendly than the terminalS they used to use in FLL.   I remember boarding the Navigator there for a TA cruise.  We had to sit on folding chairs in an un-airconditioned "hanger" for about an hour before we could board.  Apparently the "hanger" was used Mon-Fri as a cargo place and on week-ends (lucky us!) for Regent...  Arriving there was also a nightmare.  Hard to get a taxi and then when we did it took us 20 mins to get to hertz - which was probably a 5 mins walk away but we couldn't walk with the suitcases.  In Miami we just get off the ship, wait in the queue for a taxi and then in 20mins are at our friend's house.

The Miami terminal is also a LOT cleaner - in the waiting areas and more importantly in the toilets - than Ft Lauderdale.

17 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I totally disagree - I find the Regent/Oceania terminal at Miami a LOT nicer and far more user friendly than the terminalS they used to use in FLL.   I remember boarding the Navigator there for a TA cruise.  We had to sit on folding chairs in an un-airconditioned "hanger" for about an hour before we could board.  Apparently the "hanger" was used Mon-Fri as a cargo place and on week-ends (lucky us!) for Regent...  Arriving there was also a nightmare.  Hard to get a taxi and then when we did it took us 20 mins to get to hertz - which was probably a 5 mins walk away but we couldn't walk with the suitcases.  In Miami we just get off the ship, wait in the queue for a taxi and then in 20mins are at our friend's house.

The Miami terminal is also a LOT cleaner - in the waiting areas and more importantly in the toilets - than Ft Lauderdale.

Hammie:  thanks for pointing it out from a Regent cruise perspective. Truth be told, we have never cruised with Regent from Ft Lauderdale so my experience has been with main stream cruise lines. Also, we avoid a lot of the hassles faced by others since we live in this area. 

BTW, if you ever cruise from Ft Lauderdale again (or Miami), let us know. Would love to meet for lunch or drinks. 

Z and TB

Miami airport can be a nightmare especially during the holidays.  Ft. Lauderdale is cleaner as well as West Palm Beach.  As Z mentioned Las Olas is fun and safe to walk around.  Many dining venues and shops and close to the port.  You also have a store called Publix for any last minute items and a Crown Liquor store.  The crews love FLL for shopping and restocking their stuff.  Port of Miami has nothing really for shopping to stock up on for them or anyone for that matter.

Edited by MalbecWine

Agree about the airports.  MIA is straight from hell whether arriving or leaving!  FLL is ok for a US airport.   But our experiences both departing and arriving at the cruise port have been really bad...all were on Regent.  Miami terminal J I think it is, is heaven by comparison...and we can’t fly to ZRH from FLL anyway... 2 Flights a day from MIA

On 11/23/2018 at 10:58 PM, rcandkc said:

I have always hated Miami airport but a few weeks ago flying American it was not bad and the Miami port was ok too.  This was disembarkation and flying out.  Lucky or getting better?

Good Morning:

I think you definitely got very lucky especially since you flew home on a day full of cruise ship passengers heading home.  When I was travelling for Uncle Sam on a regular basis, I avoided Miami airport on weekends or arrived an little earlier. 

BTW, it was very nice to meet you guys during the cruise and get to know yous.  We hope to cruise with run into you in a future cruise.

Z and TB